bigbearfng

Next 911 and Obama response

. . . most LE agencys are training for responding to it now

Somehow I doubt that. I seriously doubt the next major terrorist attack will be anything anyone has really trained for in any significant way at all. The terrorists know the basic game plans and what kinds of things the DHS are planning for, that said, they can easily avoid the obvious ones and do things we haven't imagined, let alone "planned" for.

. . . and it's gonna be ugly.

Probably.

I really don't see why anyone would think that Obama would respond in any way less than appropriate and especially considering that most people have no idea whatsoever how he responds to anything.

Speculation like this is really not helpful at all either.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

OK folks, what's your thoughts.

Go watch Zeitgeist, open your mind and start to love your planet, it's inhabitants and your family more than anything else.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

We don't need any more of those kind of activities that are driven by the hatred and doubt cast by the illuminati and those with the insatiable desire for money and power.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Actually the Intel is there, and our department is seriously preparing. As are others.

If the "Intel is there," then the attack is prevented.

If talking prevents it, I'm all for that. If you've prepared and the attack happens anyway, then maybe you really weren't all that prepared to begin with.
quade -

If the "Intel is there," then the attack is prevented.

>If the "Intel is there," then the attack is prevented.

Well, to be fair, a month before 9/11/01, a PDR was shown to the President that predicted that Bin Laden would strike the US, possibly hijacking aircraft, and targeting buildings in New York and Washington. It also mentioned that several Al Qaeda operatives were active in the US.

Didn't prevent the attack.

Somehow I doubt that.

You're wrong.

I seriously doubt the next major terrorist attack will be anything anyone has really trained for in any significant way at all.

The thought right now (based on intel and from suspicious activity and things found in Afghanistan) is that the terrorist attack in the school in Russia was a performance run for an attack in the UK and/or the US. Possibly simultaneous attacks on multiple middle schools, possibly in communities of 40k or less people.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If you've prepared and the attack happens anyway, then maybe you really weren't all that prepared to begin with.

So preparations for reaction shouldn't be planned and trained for? Head in the sand approach?

Atleast the sheepdogs understand.

If you've prepared and the attack happens anyway, then maybe you really weren't all that prepared to begin with.

So preparations for reaction shouldn't be planned and trained for? Head in the sand approach?

Atleast the sheepdogs understand.

Nope. I'm saying that you can prepare for anything (a reserve is a good example), but it's the things you -can't- plan for because you -don't- know about them that are really the larger issue.
quade -

Nope. I'm saying that you can prepare for anything (a reserve is a good example), but it's the things you -can't- plan for because you -don't- know about them that are really the larger issue.

The training at even medium sized departments is updated constantly in regards to new intel and new dangers. Weapon choices, gear choices, training cycles...everything has been stepped up! Its due to intel of foreign terrorist as well as domestic!

You really can't train to stop a motivated person with a huge car bomb for all but the absolute largest departments. You can, however, train to respond correctly after the fact. You can also train for active shooter scenarios and proper tactical responses for everything in between.

Yeah, he will speak eloquently in favor of both sides of the issue, then he'll take a firm and courageous stand by voting "present".

Want to put some money on that.?

I bet he will speak eloquently for sure.( wont that be a nice change)..and then make a response that will really surprise all of you so called patriotic ultra right wingers with a response well thought out... planned and executed by the people who are paid to do the work, and have an exit strategy that makes fucking sense instead of the incompetent clusterfuck that this administration saddled our people with.