virgin-burner

congratulations, United States of America!!!

There are some very bitter people around - poor dears, need to spend some time in a darkend room with a cool, wet towel on their foreheads - bless

Or a cave.

That might imply that they are all Batty:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

"Those who do not learn from history
are doomed to repeat it"

is an oft-quoted saying directly applicable to Barack Hussein Obama. Last night, mobs of adoring fans celebrated Obama's victory, for the mob believes that Obama is a transformative figure that will usher monumental and beneficial change. Soon, however, the jubilant celebrations will end and the mob's intoxicated infatuation will dissipate when it realizes that Obama's words about change are mere platitudes devoid of substance, much as the promises of Nelson Mandela, a so-called transformative figure and darling of the liberal media, proved to be fruitless.

A student of history cannot help but observe the ominous parallels between Obama and Mandela. Both politicians promised to heal the divisions of racial strife. However, Nelson Mandela did nothing to mend racial discord in South Africa. Instead, Nelson Mandela wholeheartedly embraced policies like Black Economic Empowerment, a perverse South African form of affirmative action in which countless incompetent and often-illiterate blacks displaced competent whites in the civil service for no other reason than their skin color.

There are some very bitter people around - poor dears, need to spend some time in a darkend room with a cool, wet towel on their foreheads - bless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or a cave.

I think rural Militia Camps run by the "Christian Identity" will work for them...:S:S

There just are not as many fundamentalist whacko's caves available here as there are in Waziristan and Afghanistan

There are not a lot of difference in fundies of muslim or christian persuasion.. they have similar goals....just a different name for their "ONE TRUE RELIGION"

"Those who do not learn from history
are doomed to repeat it"

I truly believe that our friends, the Americans have learnt the lessons of history. The past 8 years have been disastrous for them and they were not willing to continue in the same vain for the next 4.

(.)Y(.)

I think its typical how it turned out, Obamaeven said it in his speech, that alot of voters came out to vote for the first time.....

Obama won because of his color, not his views. Is it not surprising that if you look at the states and who they voted for that this election was about race. Prodomitnatly ethnic states and states with less race problems Obama won (IE, Cali, FL, the North, the Union) Other states that most would consider Redneck, or...the confederate states...most have race problems....MaCain won....the whole south...

Obama won bacause the entire black population came out and votes for him and other ethnic groups who actually followed the canidates, some voted for him.....thats where u get your 2-1 win

But also look at it the other way....i dont rule out that the entire white supremist community voted for MaCain....but i tfeel that the two groups are a bit off set in numbers.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Obama won because of his color, not his views.

Nope, I seriously don't think so. He won because the GOP have messed up your country BIG TIME. They need a change and Obama "sounds" like he can bring that change about

...... and they could not stand the possibility of Palin in the White House - that really would have been a complete disaster

(.)Y(.)

with that landslide..

8 million out of 120M votes cast is not much of a landslide. Only two million more voted for President-elect Obama than voted for President Bush in 2004. The electoral college tells a different story, but President Clinton won a wider margin, and all pale to real landslides that Presidents Reagan and Bush won in 1980, 1984 and 1988.

Actually, the elections used to be far more decisive all the time...these past three elections have actually been super close by comparison.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

[replyActually, the elections used to be far more decisive all the time...these past three elections have actually been super close by comparison.

yea, and at least on two occasions your country, and how it's viewed from the world, has suffered a lot, due to that voting. now, one could assume that people actually start caring about it. and a lot of new voters have chimed in. which is good!

buy any international newspaper. not much whining from any country. i dont know how much you care how your country is looked at from the outside world, or how foreign policy has affected relationships.. but they've gone to complete shits.. not a good thing in an international community..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Nope, I seriously don't think so. He won because the GOP have messed up your country BIG TIME. They need a change and Obama "sounds" like he can bring that change about

...... and they could not stand the possibility of Palin in the White House - that really would have been a complete disaster

95% of Black men and 96% of Black women voted for Obama, and Black people voted in record numbers. No it couldn't be about race for them.

Actually, the elections used to be far more decisive all the time...these past three elections have actually been super close by comparison.

yea, and at least on two occasions your country, and how it's viewed from the world, has suffered a lot, due to that voting. now, one could assume that people actually start caring about it. and a lot of new voters have chimed in. which is good!

buy any international newspaper. not much whining from any country. i dont know how much you care how your country is looked at from the outside world, or how foreign policy has affected relationships.. but they've gone to complete shits.. not a good thing in an international community..

With all due respect to the rest of the world, I do not believe they have my country's best interests at heart, and as they do not have a dog in this fight, I do not care what they "want". It's great to "want".

What will surprise the rest of the world more is when President-elect Obama has his misques (and he will at some point) and there will be elements in the international scene that will want to throw him to the wolves, I'll also stand behind him tell the rest of the world off...

...the press in the US loves him too, just like the international press. It's pretty sad you drank all that without a second thought. When the euphoria fades, and the rest of the world wants to weigh in, I'll still feel the same way.
Make light!

95% of Black men and 96% of Black women voted for Obama, and Black people voted in record numbers. No it couldn't be about race for them.

So what % of blacks voted for Clinton?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

With all due respect to the rest of the world, .

Has it not occurred to you that NOT having most of the world pissed off at your country could be a good thing for your country?

i feel you're a bit short-sighted here. everyone knows that "america rules the world". do you think its not in our interest, to have your interest protected as well? recent financial crisis for example. americans fucked it up, the whole world suffers from it. how could it not be in our interest to protect yours?

america is such a huge power, economically, financially and also militarywise. one would be pretty stupid to go against that..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

No, it's about party affiliation for more than 40 years.

And the 10% swing this time? And the record turnout?

With all due respect to the rest of the world, .

Has it not occurred to you that NOT having most of the world pissed off at your country could be a good thing for your country?

well said!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

i feel you're a bit short-sighted here. everyone knows that "america rules the world". do you think its not in our interest, to have your interest protected as well? recent financial crisis for example. americans fucked it up, the whole world suffers from it. how could it not be in our interest to protect yours?

I'm not being short-sighted, I'm being realistic. Europe wants to have its cake and eat it too. China has its own plan. Our role as the super-power is a selective convenience only it seems. The "barbarians" have been chipping away for 30+ years. I for one, will not roll over.

america is such a huge power, economically, financially and also militarywise. one would be pretty stupid to go against that..

There's no shortage of that going on right now.
Make light!

No, it's about party affiliation for more than 40 years.

And the 10% swing this time? And the record turnout?

Swing and record turnout was not restricted to blacks. YOU are showing YOUR colors here, and they are not very attractive.