MikeForsythe

Another democrat hate crime attack?

>How do you link it to anyone else? Obama is the one who said it. Are
>you saying to "Get in their face" is non-confrontational?

No. I am saying that claiming that there is any link between saying that and a criminal who (supposedly) assaulted a woman is absurd, and demonstrates nothing beyond desperation.

McCain has linked Obama to terrorism, and has been very clear that he wants to destroy terrorism. And killing animals in effigy has a long and sordid history in intimidation here in the US. Does that mean there's a causative link between McCain and the dead bear?

If it does turn out to be a hoax I hope they prosecute her for reporting a false crime. I think it is just as bad to pull a hoax as the crime because it instills hate in people that routinely results in retribution crimes.

That's good. But even if the story had been true, I think it was in pretty poor taste to start a thread implying that it was somehow Obama's fault. Now that the truth has (apparently) come out, I'm sure you don't think it's McCain's fault that some psycho McCain supporter pulled this stunt, just as it wouldn't have been Obama's fault if some psycho Obama supporter had assaulted a woman.

No problem. Perhaps not being quite so fast to blame Obama for everything might serve you well, though.

Fair enough, so how long do we wait to factor in the whacko factor as it was in at least four major news sites as headline news?

Hey, here is another time someone rushed to trying to be out first with the story:

http://members.aol.com/ondinemonet/images/dewey%20wins.jpg

Patience is a virtue. It's sad just how many people wanted this trash to be true. I wonder if they will review their own thoughts on this now.

Turns out they carried the story due to a lie from the McCain camp looking to use racist fear as an October surprise (but will Rush and Hannity stop talking about it since they are both saying there will be race riots on Nov 4th?):

McCain Communications Director Gave Reporters Incendiary Version Of "Carved B" Story Before Facts Were Known
http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/mccain_aide_gave_reporters_inc.php

John McCain's Pennsylvania communications director told reporters in the state an incendiary version of the hoax story about the attack on a McCain volunteer well before the facts of the case were known or established -- and even told reporters outright that the "B" carved into the victim's cheek stood for "Barack," according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions.

John Verrilli, the news director for KDKA in Pittsburgh, told TPM Election Central that McCain's Pennsylvania campaign communications director gave one of his reporters a detailed version of the attack that included a claim that the alleged attacker said, "You're with the McCain campaign? I'm going to teach you a lesson."

Verrilli also told TPM that the McCain spokesperson had claimed that the "B" stood for Barack. According to Verrilli, the spokesperson also told KDKA that Sarah Palin had called the victim of the alleged attack, who has since admitted the story was a hoax.

The KDKA reporter had called McCain's campaign office for details after seeing the story -- sans details -- teased on Drudge.

The McCain spokesperson's claims -- which came in the midst of extraordinary and heated conversations late yesterday between the McCain campaign, local TV stations, and the Obama camp, as the early version of the story rocketed around the political world -- is significant because it reveals a McCain official pushing a version of the story that was far more explosive than the available or confirmed facts permitted at the time.

The claims to KDKA from the McCain campaign were included in an early story that ran late yesterday on KDKA's Web site. The paragraphs containing these assertions were quickly removed from the story after the Obama campaign privately complained that KDKA was letting the McCain campaign spin a racially-charged version of the story before the facts had been established, according to two sources familiar with the discussions.

A source familiar with what happened yesterday confirmed that the unnamed spokesperson was communications director Peter Feldman. Feldman was also quoted yesterday making virtually identical assertions on the Web site of another local TV station, WPXI. But those quotes, which we also preserved here, are also no longer available on WPXI's site, for reasons that are unclear.

This is problematic because the McCain campaign doesn't want to have been perceived as pushing an incendiary story that not only turned out to be a hoax but which police officials said today risked blowing up into a "national incident" and has local police preparing to file charges against the hoaxster.

There's no evidence that anyone from McCain national headquarters put out a version of events like this.

After the story appeared on KDKA's site and this and other pieces in the local press started flying around the political world, an Obama spokesperson in the state angrily insisted to KDKA that it was irresponsible for the station to air the McCain spokesperson's incendiary version of events before the facts were fully known, according to two sources familiar with the discussions.

After that, KDKA went back to McCain's Pennsylvania spokesperson, Feldman, and asked if he stood by the story as he'd earlier told it, but he started backing off the story, a source familiar with the talks says. That prompted KDKA to remove the grafs.

Feldman couldn't immediately be reached, and a McCain HQ spokesperson declined to comment.

Funny how the conservative right was sooooooo ready to believe this was true. Want to see interesting comments over this? Check out the comments of the Freepers. I think a few of the SC posters would be at home there:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2114282/posts

No that is an allegation, although the evidence suggests that you treat anti-Obama allegations as facts.

Guess again. Do this, ask any police officer or lawyer here if physical trauma to a person from a crime is evidence? That same EVIDENCE can now be used against her for reporting a false crime.

As to the second part of your sentenace, notice that you responded to the title “Another democrat hate crime attack?” That is a question and not a statement of fact.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Who would have thought that a criminal would prefer Obama??

I don't know, but it looks like this particular criminal prefers McCain.

McCain's eye is blacker than hers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

By the way, my earlier question to you also stands - "A different tone than what? What 'tone' exists except that which this deluded girl was trying to manufacture?"

I listed what I meant and gave an example, feel free to go read it.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

By the way, my earlier question to you also stands - "A different tone than what? What 'tone' exists except that which this deluded girl was trying to manufacture?"

I listed what I meant and gave an example, feel free to go read it.

Not here you haven't. look at it again:
"Also there is still that whole "get in their face" and "argue" statements from Obama that I am sure does not help matters given how there are a lot of people out there that it will provoke.

If he had said go out and be proactive and talk with your neighbors and friends and be passionate about it, that would have set a whole different tone."

What tone has been set? This whole incident was a hoax. What 'tone' is out there that you can actually link to Obama's comments (and I mean actually link with evidence, unlike your pathetic attempt in your first post)?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

No that is an allegation, although the evidence suggests that you treat anti-Obama allegations as facts.

Guess again. Do this, ask any police officer or lawyer here if physical trauma to a person from a crime is evidence? That same EVIDENCE can now be used against her for reporting a false crime.

As to the second part of your sentenace, notice that you responded to the title “Another democrat hate crime attack?” That is a question and not a statement of fact.

Yeah right, and pigs can fly. The GOP way is to sling tons of mud and count on some of it sticking. You're a poster boy for the GOP, cut straight from the cloth as evidenced by your posts here.

Justifying this attack with a question mark, so if I made a PA put stuck a question mark after it I wouldn't get banned?

Look up, "rhetorical question" and the answer lies within that.

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

I don't agree with that statement. Some young college aged racist who takes it upon herself to race-bait is not the same as McCain telling her to go out and do it. Afterall if McCain or his staff were actually behind it, it would have appeared much more authentic.

I have to agree here. To blame McCain for the hoaxer is completely equivalent to blaming Obama for the assault. Neither candidate is responsible for nut jobs.

I have to agree here. To blame McCain for the hoaxer is completely equivalent to blaming Obama for the assault. Neither candidate is responsible for nut jobs.

But it's looking like someone from the McCain camp started this off. Then, disgustingly, soo many conservatives allowed their hidden racism to come out as they cheered for this to be true.

But it's looking like someone from the McCain camp started this off. Then, disgustingly, soo many conservatives allowed their hidden racism come out as they cheered for this to be true.

I don't think it was lost on anyone except the most bigoted that the faked story was "big black man assaults little white girl".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But it's looking like someone from the McCain camp started this off. Then, disgustingly, soo many conservatives allowed their hidden racism come out as they cheered for this to be true.

Once you start characterizing people as in the "McCain camp", you open yourself to the same criticism as those who try to characterize an "Obama camp" that includes all those unsavory people.

Neither McCain nor Palin tried to get any mileage out of this story, even before it was exposed as a hoax. Time to move on.

Ummm... Are you intentionally ignoring the counter "satire" thread that someone from the "Obama camp" started? Oh... right. That's ok cuz it was [sarcasm]sarcasm[/sarcasm]

Once you start characterizing people as in the "McCain camp", you open yourself to the same criticism as those who try to characterize an "Obama camp" that includes all those unsavory people.

Neither McCain nor Palin tried to get any mileage out of this story, even before it was exposed as a hoax. Time to move on.

Exactly. Both sides loose in this. But mostly that rather unbalanced woman is now possibly scarred for life for her political beliefs....... This whole situation is sad.

Ummm... Are you intentionally ignoring the counter "satire" thread that someone from the "Obama camp" started? Oh... right. That's ok cuz it was [sarcasm]sarcasm[/sarcasm]

Satire is certainly different from a thread started to _seriously_ imply that Obama was responsible for one of his supporters assaulting a woman who supports McCain.

I know that if I was the one who started this thread, I would have my tail between my legs right now, and I'd be apologizing for making such an allegation.

Satire is certainly different from a thread started to _seriously_ imply that Obama was responsible for one of his supporters assaulting a woman who supports McCain.

I'm all for subtly, however, having not seen this thread first and with the other one open.... both are as sad of a mis-representation.

And honestly, one took an actual news story, posted it and linked it to a "camp". The other, for the sake of humor, mocked the death of an unfortunate by linking it to the other "camp."

Both are bad but one does come across as a bit more tacky to me.

What satire thread? And check out post #78 in this thread that I made. McCain's Pennsylvania communications director IS part of the McCain camp. Not only is PA a swing state, the McCain camp has identified it as THE must win for this election but Obama has nearly a 7 point lead there. They are DESPERATE to get a win in PA no matter the cost.

And there are far more conservatives in the world outside of SC that made me dreadfully ashamed to know them over the last 24 hours.

You should also listen to Karl Rove. He has been banging the drums all week that a race riot is going to happen on Nov 4th because "African Americans in Chicago, Philly, Oakland, etc" have done so before for sports so that makes it easy to see that it will happen for Obama win or lose. Then switch over to Hannity and he is spewing the same racist garbage. The top mouth pieces for the conservative party are trying to promote mob action, much like they were trying to do in Denver for the DNC. It's disgusting.

Ummmm No.

I still don't see where McCain or Palin themselves tried to get any mileage out of it. Campaign workers will do stupid things, some very stupid. I wouldn't hold McCain accountable for some isolated worker's remarks any more than I would Obama for an isolated remark coming from his side.

Ummmm No.

I still don't see where McCain or Palin themselves tried to get any mileage out of it. Campaign workers will do stupid things, some very stupid. I wouldn't hold McCain accountable for some isolated worker's remarks any more than I would Obama for an isolated remark coming from his side.

Interesting enough that the conservatives are the ones making really lame connections to Obama but yet people that wear the McCain color's and are on their campaign payroll should just be brushed over. Ok. Sure. Enjoy those double standards.

ALL of this bullshit is happening because McCain is up on stage day in and day out inciting crowds into angry, scared voters off of strawman ignorant and untruthful sayings.

Here, watch Biden handle some of the bullshit that is the GOP talking points:
http://www.wftv.com/video/17790025/index.html

What a fucking scumbag piece of shit.

Feel sorry for the girl.

Hope that asshole dies a painful death - the sooner the better.

Of course, the MSM won't cover this very much. Nor did they cover the spray-painting of Sen. Coleman's house very well. Can't have Democrats portrayed in a bad light, you see.

>:(

So btw, this is why fact checking and a legal system is in place. Unsubstantiated, exaggerated stories or lies are automatically assumed as truth. But it was interesting to see so many people believe in a heartbeat without a shred of proof. What does it say about you?

BTW, Coleman's and Bachmann's defacing was the opening news story in blue Chicago at 7am and 8am today.

I guess people see what they want to see.