drdive

Obama just said what???

Oh no, I understood where he is coming from. He is CLUELESS. Spend a night with me treating people who can't breath through no fault of their own.

Yes, i admit it is easy to take a gaff and blow it up out of proportion.

But as Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid"

Getting away from his stupid comment, there are lots of things I don't like about our health care system, I just don't want him being the one telling you and me how to fix them.

Doc

Who would you prefer?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Not at all, look at it: "Americans shouldn't have to go to the ER for treatable conditions, like asthma"

You shouldn't have to go to the ER as your UNTREATED asthma becomes dangerously ill. He's saying everyone should have healthcare so they can go to their regular doctor and get medication, etc. It came off as weird at first to me too, but when you think it thru it's merely his way of saying those w/o medical care use the emergency room as tehir regular care as their dying, rather than have preventative regular care.

I have obviously not seen the debate, but that's how i read the OPs quote.
Anti Obamans will read into what he says to better suit their current judgment of him, same is true of McCainians.
it saves then from thinking critically:ph34r: and helps self validation for their own choices

Bingo ;)

Oh no, I understood where he is coming from. He is CLUELESS. Spend a night with me treating people who can't breath through no fault of their own.

Yes, i admit it is easy to take a gaff and blow it up out of proportion.

But as Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid"

Getting away from his stupid comment, there are lots of things I don't like about our health care system, I just don't want him being the one telling you and me how to fix them.

Doc

Right, keep letting the corps take care of us, they have our best interests in mind. Beautiful, healthcare in the US is a luxury.

As for gaff, some heer take it personally with the asthma comment, they shouldn't. If you have asthma and don't have healthcare, you use the ER as your doctor - real simple folks.

EDITED: to add a spelling error for Amazon:P

Aw come on... I am having fun here. I am laughing my ass off at these threads.

TEACHER TEACHER....... Barack said something I don't like.

MOMMY Johnny touched me

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yea, but American politics are decided on things like crusty Reagan saying: There you go again. He obviously said that to Carter in the 80 debates. Elections are won on statements like that, so welcome to ridiculousness.

As a mother of two children who have asthma and have spent literally hours in the emergency room-- preventive care is a must. Luckily at the time when I was married to my ex husband (a Navy officer) I could take my kids to the doctor anytime. If their butts itched we could go to the doctor ten times a day if we felt like it but really not a lot of people can do that.

Being able to see dr's regularly instead of waiting till your child is grasping for breath and being rushed to the ER as the only option is just downright wrong.

Asthma can be manageable with preventive healthcare and maintenance. Many people don't have the insurance to be able to take advantage of this and their only option is a trip to the ER.

So, speaking from experience, Obama gets my vote on this.

And you using his whole name as in trying to reference Saddam Hussein immediately takes anything meaningful out of your post.

Spend a night with me

No, Thanks...I only like the girls, but IMHO I feel that voting democratic is the best choice for homosexuals.

...hmmm, now I know why you enjoy deliberate misunderstanding...that felt good.

EDIT

just wanted to say thanks for working the ER, you're a better man than me....
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

As a mother of two children who have asthma and have spent literally hours in the emergency room-- preventive care is a must. Luckily at the time when I was married to my ex husband (a Navy officer) I could take my kids to the doctor anytime. If their butts itched we could go to the doctor ten times a day if we felt like it but really not a lot of people can do that.

Being able to see dr's regularly instead of waiting till your child is grasping for breath and being rushed to the ER as the only option is just downright wrong.

Asthma can be manageable with preventive healthcare and maintenance. Many people don't have the insurance to be able to take advantage of this and their only option is a trip to the ER.

And you using his whole name as in trying to reference Saddam Hussein immediately takes anything meaningful out of your post.

I am all for health maintenance, and preventive care. I hope our kids never need the ER. But his comment on asthma and the ER was just plain STUPID. And, gee, sorry I can't use his real name.

Doc

edited to keep amazon off my ass:D
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

My stepson has asthma too, and he also has preventive care thanks to a good health care plan. It's a travesty that McCain voted against a childrens' health care bill.

Indeed. It's as silly as calling the other candidate "J. Sinclair McCain III".;)

Glad to see this thread has finally transcended politics!!

Not to diminish the accomplishment, but generally speaking, when you talk about politics, taking it in the ass isn't far behind.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I liked the "saving $2500 per year per family" with electronic health records.

Some of my current doctors don't have ANYthing electronic. So who pays for the systems, record entry and verification, cost of securing to be HIPPA compliant, and maintenance and upkeep of these systems?
What types of math did Obama study???
[:/]

Some of my current doctors don't have ANYthing electronic. So who pays for the systems, record entry and verification, cost of securing to be HIPPA compliant, and maintenance and upkeep of these systems?
--------------------------------------------------------

well that would be the same people that are paying for Obama's health care plan, the business. so not only do we have to pay for everyone's health care that makes less than $50,000 along with our own health care, we need to update our computers and hire someone to operate them. i guess figuring in the total cost would not influance people to vote for him.

What types of math did Obama study???
[:/]

Here child, let me explain things to you in words that even John Sidney McCain III would understand.
1. Every time you go to a doctor you fill out a bunch of paper forms. While annoying and time consuming , you fill that in for every physician you go to see in a hospital clinic.
2. These forms then are keyed in to separate databases by data entry clerks both at your health care providers as well as the health insurance companies.
3. These data bases contain different information about your health and do not build a complete picture so your health care provider always does a lot of guessing about the picture of your health.
4. In effect about 60% of your health care costs goes into data entry and management
5. Converting to electronic data will cut out a huge layer of senseless repetitive and mistake prone manual data entry. It will also provide health care providers with safe yet easy access to your medical records as well as an equally safe method of updating these records in a centralized database.
6. Your physician who has nothing electronic may be as obsolete as the presidential candidate who does not use ‘The Email’…but, provided that he has a computer:
7. Access to electronic data storage will be governed by an RFID equipped medical card
8. Standards currently exist (Data and application standards are detailed in the ISO/IEC 15961
(“Information technology - Radio frequency identification for item management - Data protocol: application interface”) and ISO/IEC 15962 (“Information technology - Radio frequency identification for item management - data encoding rules and logical memory functions”), and are recommended by HIBCC
9. The cost of equipment and software license to the physician will be less than the cost of an average laptop computer.
So there you go my technically challenged scion of the republican far right, the person who pays for all that paperwork is you. It comes out of your pocket (and mine) in form of ever increasing health insurance premiums. If you cut out the paperwork you will easily save $2,500 a year per family. But go on loving John McCain and he will laugh all the way to him private island with his special interest buddies.

How about that Parah Salin HEEEEH? How about her HEEEH? ACK ACK HEEEH!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

My opinions are not deserving of a PA of this nature.

1.I don't always fill out paperwork. I stay with the same doctors.:P
2. The forms that my doctors already have in electronic form are automatically submitted to my carrier (who then notifies me via e-mail of a claim)
3. I personally have all of my records with my primary care physician for that reason.
4. Most of my health care costs appear to me to be related in AFTER care attempts of all insurance companies reviewing every claim in an effort to not pay the claim and get someone else to cover it.
5. The ability of financial institutions to protect my personal information makes me VERY hesitant to even think they have a chance of being HIPPA compliant in my lifetime.
6. I don't always need a high tech doctor, and the reason many specialize is to provide those services. Those guys do in fact have all the electronic toys.
7. MY personal medical information that is currently federally required to meet HIPPA requirements WILL NOT be placed on an RFID device. I'll not utilize the services of someone who would require this. I suddenly think I'm not the one technically challenged.
8. I don't need a lesson in RFID standards, thank you.
9. Impossible. Ask a doctor.

And I quote, from seconds ago:

"Americans shouldn't have to go to the ER for treatable conditions, like asthma"

What the fuck? Have you ever had an asthma attack Barak Hussein Obama???

Geez, I can't wait for him to manage our health care!!

Doc

Actually doc while perhaps technically astute in the medical profession you seem not to grasp certain simple basic concepts:

Americans should not go to emergency rooms for treatable conditions like asthma, because they should be able to afford preventive treatment.

I will add one more on that - as you know from your medical experience poverty and child asthma go hand in hand. Americans should not be endangered by asthma, we should be a rich society accross the board. We don't need trickle down economics, because thousands of years of history have shown that this concept does not work.
jraf

Muff #3275

My opinions are not deserving of a PA of this nature.

1.I don't always fill out paperwork. I stay with the same doctors.:P
2. The forms that my doctors already have in electronic form are automatically submitted to my carrier (who then notifies me via e-mail of a claim)
3. I personally have all of my records with my primary care physician for that reason.
4. Most of my health care costs appear to me to be related in AFTER care attempts of all insurance companies reviewing every claim in an effort to not pay the claim and get someone else to cover it.
5. The ability of financial institutions to protect my personal information makes me VERY hesitant to even think they have a chance of doctor, and the reason many specialize is to provide being HIPPA compliant in my lifetime.
6. I don't always need a high tech those services. Those guys do in fact have all the electronic toys.
7. MY personal medical information that is currently federally required to meet HIPPA requirements WILL NOT be placed on an RFID device. I'll not utilize the services of someone who would require this. I suddenly think I'm not the one technically challenged.
8. I don't need a lesson in RFID standards, thank you.
9. Impossible. Ask a doctor.

9. Possible, and I respectfully argue to know just a bit more on the topic than you do.
8. The standards provided are an illustration of readyness to adopt the system.
7. That is true, your records never would be stored on the RFID card. If you want a lengthy lecture on the systems architecture for the entire system I would be happy to proivde it to you at a rate of $250 per hour - 8 hours billed minimum.
6. You high tech doctors have all the medical toys of course. They have no Automatic Data and Information Capture equipment and they have no idea about it. Otherwise I would be a physician and they would be doing what I do.
5. Centralized medical records are not to be held by financial institutions, thank you.
4. Once again 60% of health care costs are the overgrown administrative bodies managing data entry - do your homework - I specialize in this so I probably know just a bit about it.
3. When you have an accident in the middle of the night or during the weekend your medical records at your primary physicians office are not available
2. Every time you go to a new doctor of visit a hospital you have to fill out the forms
1. I guess you filled out forms with physicians of all specialties pre=empting any ailements that may happen to you in the future.
jraf

Muff #3275

And I quote, from seconds ago:

"Americans shouldn't have to go to the ER for treatable conditions, like asthma"

What the fuck? Have you ever had an asthma attack Barak Hussein Obama???

Geez, I can't wait for him to manage our health care!!

Doc

Actually doc while perhaps technically astute in the medical profession you seem not to grasp certain simple basic concepts:

Americans should not go to emergency rooms for treatable conditions like asthma, because they should be able to afford preventive treatment.

I will add one more on that - as you know from your medical experience poverty and child asthma go hand in hand. Americans should not be endangered by asthma, we should be a rich society accross the board. We don't need trickle down economics, because thousands of years of history have shown that this concept does not work.

fascinating report about the relation between child health (or lack of it) and poverty. Arizona looks particularly bad. Now, where is McCain from?