Misternatural

Describe your political identity

Did I mention that I didn't think any good would come from this thread?

\
Hey its not a bad thing to express an opinion. I really don't think I disrespected him by it. And although I don't believe it will be an accurate representation, you or him are welcome to state what you believe my real positions are.

However, I have 5 minutes to get to a meeting in which I will be stuck for the rest of the day.
So see you all
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I see no way someone can claim to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal at the same time

I can. Lower taxes and less government spending does not imply that taxpayers retain more money after paying for necessities (e.g. food, rent/mortgage, fuel, healthcare, etc.). That would be like saying that the minimum value of f(x) is always at x=0.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

death with dignity

Add this one to my list.....

Also add Social Security reform.....Why should I pay into a system that I have NO CHANCE of ever getting anything out of.

Why would you say you have no chance of receiving any benefits? Social Security is a very long way away from not being able to pay out benefits. Even if nothing is done to fix SS, full benefits will be paid until 2041. From 2041 until 2081, 75% benefits can be paid, with 70% benefits paid after that.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Whisperwind - Warlock
Faction - Scryers
Legislation preferences - Pro Demon
Energy policy - Shadow energy rules!
Belief system - RNG is a bitch.

Honestly, I see no good coming from this thread.

Anyone that puts themselves into little boxes clearly are doomed to stay there.

In other words you do not know what you stand for, and most likely are against a great many things.

Actually, I AM against a great many things!

That said, I believe you missed the point and the joke.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Oil fields are not like big milkshakes where everyone can put their straw in and those with the biggest suck win.
The Hollywood idea of hitting gushers is ancient history.

As recently as the 1960s, you could find oil by simply walking around the Ozarks shootin' for some food.
Ohne Liebe sind wir nichts

Oil fields are not like big milkshakes where everyone can put their straw in and those with the biggest suck win.
The Hollywood idea of hitting gushers is ancient history.

As recently as the 1960s, you could find oil by simply walking around the Ozarks shootin' for some food.

Is that you, Jed?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>>Did I mention that I didn't think any good would come from this thread?

If I may ask, please define good for me.

All this talk about character, and flip flopping etc. eg. Joe Leiberman and Jeffords (to be fair), where do some politicians really stand I wonder.

Also as side issue,in case anybody is wondering, I realize the irony of an anonymous poster starting a thread about political Identity on the internet but my reasons for trying to be anonymous here have to do with identity theft- which is probably just a futile and paranoid behavior pattern- Though I have had my CC # stolen twice.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Country/Party: USA, my loyalty is to principles and I do not see that political parties have any. They practice situational ethics at best; morally bankrupt is probably closer to the truth.

Legislative preferences: I am for the maximum amount of individual liberty that does not infringe on the rights of others. Government should provide leadership, not mothering.

Energy: Let the markets rule, which would most likely result in building more nuclear plants.

Belief system: Naturalist. And atheism, . . . because it is a non-prophet organization.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

>>Really? What's the number, maybe I can help?

You're not helping my paranoia-:S

Reminds me of that guy who drives around with his SS # on the side of a truck to advertise his anti identity theft program...I think he had his ID stolen a number of times since then:ph34r:

But a political identity is something politicians covet and seem proud to maintain, defend, and use it like a badge to connect with like minded constituents/voters. However, they define themselves by it when it is convenient, but try to abandon it when it is not- thats been my perception anyway.

How are turncoats treated in Washington? I can only imagine the friend/ foe dynamics in that place- especially during an election year.

People here seem to stick to their political identity because we deal in ideas for discussion purposes only, but it must be tough for people running for office to stick with their political affiliations without alienating huge numbers needed voters, but thats the game I guess, it's really a fun show to watch unfold.

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415