nerdgirl

Would you vote for this candidate for President?

He was a failed businessman.
He lost his first campaign.
He had 8 years experience in a State legislature.
He lost two successive campaigns.
He had 2 years experience in the US House of Representatives.
He was considered a great orator by those who agreed with him.
He had zero executive experience.

Would you vote for a Presidential candidate with that background?

VR/Marg

P.s. Post was inspired by a comment by Joseph Nye [former Chair National Intelligence Council (NIC), former Assistant Secretary of Defense, former Deputy Undersecretary of State, and Professor in the Harvard School of Government] during the Q&A period of a talk he gave at the London School of Economics.

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

What about these people?

Can you imagine working for the following company? This company has a little over 500 employees with the following statistics:
- 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
- 7 have been arrested for fraud... Read More
- 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
- 117 have bankrupted at least two businesses
- 3 have been arrested for assault
- 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
- 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
- 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
- 21 are current defendants in lawsuits
- In 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving
Can you guess which organization this is? Give up? It’s the 535 members of your United States Congress. The same group that perpetually cranks out hundreds upon hundreds of new laws designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Taken from www.consumptionjunction.com

VR/Marg

P.s. Post was inspired by a comment by Joseph Nye [former Chair National Intelligence Council (NIC), former Assistant Secretary of Defense, former Deputy Undersecretary of State, and Professor in the Harvard School of Government] during the Q&A period of a talk he gave at the London School of Economics.

I would consider it, however I would want to know more about his positions, and politcal ideals

Hint, for those who haven't figured out to whom I am referring: he was also the only US President to have a received a patent.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

What about these people?

Can you imagine working for the following company? This company has a little over 500 employees with the following statistics:
- 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
- 7 have been arrested for fraud... Read More
- 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
- 117 have bankrupted at least two businesses
- 3 have been arrested for assault
- 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
- 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
- 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
- 21 are current defendants in lawsuits
- In 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving
Can you guess which organization this is? Give up? It’s the 535 members of your United States Congress. The same group that perpetually cranks out hundreds upon hundreds of new laws designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Taken from www.consumptionjunction.com

This gives me hope that one day I too can be a United States congressman. God bless America!

Hint, for those who haven't figured out to whom I am referring: he was also the only US President to have a received a patent.

/Marg

Of course, i think your candidate would have a terrible time getting elected today in the age of television and internet and instant information.

Same with FDR...honestly, would the American people be able to elect a physically handicapped man to the presidency if he was splashed all over TV all the time? I would bet not.

It's really too damned bad.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

If I knew his opponent had written the doctrine of "popular sovereignty," which professed indifference to the moral aspect of slavery, leaving the question to the preferences of the community. It was being prepared by Chief Justice Taney, who argued in Dred Scott that blacks had no rights that whites were bound to respect.

These days I can't help but wonder if I've just stepped into a trap Marg has set for me ;)

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Not bad for a guy who was a child slave, abused physically, had a mother who was mentally ill, had a backwoods education, was deemed to be too stupid to understand the complexities of Washington politics, and was running against someone who was viewed as being a sure thing for the presidency.

He campaigned in my hometown.B|

According to the media he spoke in a high, nasal, backwoods, Kentucky accent.

Yeah he was not viewed by the media, nor the self professed intelligencia as being much of a man at all.

VR/Marg

I would consider it, however I would want to know more about his positions, and politcal ideals

Ah, that's easy. look at the guy you voted in as president the last 2 times

America did - in 1860 and again in 1864, in the middle of the bloodiest war our country's ever fought. And today he's considered one of our two greatest Presidents, right up there with George Washington.

And by the way, George Washington was considered by many to be an aloof aristocrat and a bad general who lost too many battles. Probably no getting around the fact that he was a slave owner. But he held up a perfect example of what a President should be - a Commander In Chief who had the good sense to retire after two terms and who refused to accept any titles fancier than "Mr. President".

Another remarkable choice was the Senator from Missouri who was so wrapped up in a corrupt political machine that FDR wouldn't endorse his Senate campaign. But once elected to the Senate, he spearheaded a Senate committee investigation into massive waste in the wartime industries, saving our country millions of dollars. So the same FDR took him on as his Vice President. And within months he became President when FDR died. He ordered the two nukes dropped on Japan that ENDED the Second World War.

In 1948 he integrated the armed forces and went on to beat an opponent who was such a sure thing that the newspaper headlines read "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN".

So you can never really tell what the office will make of the man (or woman - it WILL happen....).

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>And within months he became President when FDR died. He ordered the two nukes dropped on Japan that that killed 300,000+ innocent women and children and ENDED the Second World War.

Fixed it for ya.... Truman was not a good president.

Amazing!

Destinations by Roxanne

>>>>>>>>>>>>>And within months he became President when FDR died. He ordered the two nukes dropped on Japan that that killed 300,000+ innocent women and children and ENDED the Second World War.

Amazing!

Thx for your input, it's been very valuable.

How about a little input on your profile. You've been doing a fair amount of posting...be nice to know who you are.

Your black/white statement about Truman shows a lack of understanding about WWII. I'll spare the board my arguments against your position. You've already made up your mind.

Destinations by Roxanne

How about a little input on your profile. You've been doing a fair amount of posting...be nice to know who you are.

Your black/white statement about Truman shows a lack of understanding about WWII. I'll spare the board my arguments against your position. You've already made up your mind.

My name is Dick Johnson, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE WHO I AM? So you can try to figure me out and exclude me at DZ's or meets becuase my opinions are different than yours?

I know tons about WWII, esp the Pacific Theatre.

>>>>>>>>>>>>I'll spare the board my arguments against your position.

Tell me I don;t know jack, then follow it up by saying you won't input? That's a real way to convince me.

EDITED TO ADD: Furthermore, you're Scott from Ohio? #1, who cares, #2, you're not exactly revealing.

Tell me I don;t know jack, then follow it up by saying you won't input? That's a real way to convince me.

EDITED TO ADD: Furthermore, you're Scott from Ohio? #1, who cares, #2, you're not exactly revealing.

I didn't say you didn't know...rather you don't understand.

My website is on every one of my posts. Even has my home address. What else would you like to know?

Destinations by Roxanne

It's just common courtesy to know who I'm posting with. Thank you Dick

I agree, Scott. There are a remarkable number of "no name entered" posters around here. Some are quite bird like, for example.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

He ordered the two nukes dropped on Japan that that killed 300,000+ innocent women and children and ENDED the Second World War.

How do you suggest he end WWII? I would love to hear a good response.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

He ordered the two nukes dropped on Japan that that killed 300,000+ innocent women and children and ENDED the Second World War.

How do you suggest he end WWII? I would love to hear a good response.

Talk to them nicely and try to get them to understand that taking over the world is not nice.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.