Biglee

Best place in uk for AFF

Hi people,
I am going to do an AFF course next year around May time can't wait. Please could you guys from the uk please give me your thoughts on the drop zones.
Has anyone been to langar? This is the place where i may be going to do AFF it costs about £1500 then 10 consoldation jumps at cost wich is about £30, Is this Good.
I would be greatful for all you thoughts

Blue skies Big Lee;)

Hi people,
I am going to do an AFF course next year around May time can't wait. Please could you guys from the uk please give me your thoughts on the drop zones.
Has anyone been to langar? This is the place where i may be going to do AFF it costs about £1500 then 10 consoldation jumps at cost wich is about £30, Is this Good.
I would be greatful for all you thoughts

Blue skies Big Lee;)

America. Can't beat that exchange rate at the moment. If you can find flight, AFF and flights for cheaper than to learn in the UK.

Perris Valley are doing AFF @ about $1800 (circa £950). I'm sure you could find a DZ with cheap motel nearby ro space for a tent :D

Better weather too.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

There have been a number of threads on doing AFF outside the UK and then coming back to jump there and problems some people have encountered as well as advice on how to prevent it.

Rather than repeat it all here, do a search in this forum for AFF and UK and you should find them.

Langar is fun and a good place to go, read some of the DZ reviews to see what people in general have thought of various DZs in the UK.

Do as much research until you feel 110% comfortable with the DZ and the instructors, and welcome to the sport! B|

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

I think the Langar price includes a jumpsuit, alti, helmet and a few other bits and bobs as well which makes the price difference less.

Plane flights to the US west coast are about £350 min at the mo plus car rental, accom etc etc.

Thnak's for all your advice and i will do some research here at dropzone.com and other places.
I am from York, North yorkshire.
I don't feel comfortable going to do AFF abroad, so i think i will stick to the place i know the UK.

Blue skies Big Lee;)

Yeah but travelling to the States from the UK is expensive. It might not make the trip that much of a bargain.

Spain is cheap. I'd highly recommend Empuriabrava, can't comment on the quality of instruction though, I only went for fun jumping.

Langar is good with great instructors, planes, and a large LZ. But if you are from York you could consider somewhere closer to home such as Hib, after all when you finish AFF you'll probably want a DZ as close to home as possible in order to keep jumping as much as possible. having said that people drive up to 200 miles to get to Langar on a regular basis so if you get to like a place distance need not be a problem.