nate25

Father / Daughter Talk

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many
others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and
among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to
support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a
feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had
participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her
father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he
thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on
the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed
objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she
indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in
school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let
him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very
difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to
go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a
boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all
her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, 'How is your friend Audrey doing?' She
replied, 'Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she
never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus;
college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots
of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.'

Her wise father a sked his daughter, 'Why don't you go to the Dean's office
and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only
has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be
a fair and equal distribution of GPA.'

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired
back, 'That's a crazy idea, and how would that be fair! I've worked really
hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work!
Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked
my tail off!'

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, 'Welcome to the Republican
party

Hello speaker's corner! :D

And this little joke presumes the Republicans don't also want to redistribute wealth...a pretty fucking faulty premise if you ask me. Where the two parties differ is in who they want to give the money to (and how much...the Republicans giving out far more than the Democrats).

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

And this little joke presumes the Republicans don't also want to redistribute wealth...a pretty fucking faulty premise if you ask me. Where the two parties differ is in who they want to give the money to (and how much...the Republicans giving out far more than the Democrats).

Blues,
Dave

I as a conservitive, Dont want to give my money to any of the lazy liberals;) I pay more in taxes every year then the average american makes:S:S:(:([:/]B|
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

WOW!!!!!
My joke got moved to SC?????
I guess it hurts when it true...

It was only a joke. I'm really not into getting into a political battle on the net.
Just trying to get a smile...

It hurts the liberals when it is true;)B|B|B|>:(
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Blues,
Dave

I as a conservitive, Dont want to give my money to any of the lazy liberals;) I pay more in taxes every year then the average american makes:S:S:(:([:/]B|

Which is exactly why you shouldn't be a Republican. Bush 43's tax cuts made the tax system even more progressive with high income earners' share of the tax burden increasing.

Under Bush 43 discretionary non-defense spending has increased a greater percentage thanthe last two Democratic presidents managed. Comparatively speaking Clinton was a fiscal conservative; the guy even shutdown the government until we had an allegedly balanced budget.

Reagan should be spinning in his grave.

Blues,
Dave

Personally, I don't care whether my money is going to Boeing or Cadillac driving welfare queens. Either way I'd rather it be funding my retirement (especiallly with people who bothered to save for their retirement being increasingly likely to be excluded from Social Security), covering my children's college education, or even buying more beer (since working too hard again I'm averaging over 100 beers a month)

Blues,
Dave

Personally, I don't care whether my money is going to Boeing or Cadillac driving welfare queens. Either way I'd rather it be funding my retirement (especiallly with people who bothered to save for their retirement being increasingly likely to be excluded from Social Security), covering my children's college education, or even buying more beer.

I would really prefer the government not take my money in the first place, but given that they do, I'd rather it go to people who need it more rather than people who need it less. If I have my choice between giving my money to a single, unemployed mom or a fat defense contractor or his mercenaries, or someone who borrowed too much money to invest in real estate they don't need, I'll choose the mom every time.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

You brag about your income too much to actually earn it, and your Republican friends give away more than their Democratic counterparts. I, as a conservative, don't want to be forced to give my money to anyone, but since neither party gives me that choice, I'll choose the disadvantaged as recipients over the already wealthy every day of the week.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

Personally, I don't care whether my money is going to Boeing or Cadillac driving welfare queens. Either way I'd rather it be funding my retirement (especiallly with people who bothered to save for their retirement being increasingly likely to be excluded from Social Security), covering my children's college education, or even buying more beer.

I would really prefer the government not take my money in the first place, but given that they do, I'd rather it go to people who need it more rather than people who need it less. If I have my choice between giving my money to a single, unemployed mom or a fat defense contractor or his mercenaries, or someone who borrowed too much money to invest in real estate they don't need, I'll choose the mom every time.

Blues,
Dave

Sure, if it's the same amount of money being redistributed it's better if it goes to the people who need it. Any one who can make the same money on or off welfare doesn't need it. Boeing's share holders and eemployees will be fine with or without a $100B tanker contract although they may not be working for the same company (having worked for two companies in the last decade which ran out of money I'll even feel sympathy if that happens).

Blues,
Dave

Sorry, it is well known and well established that Democrats are heavy into taxing the money that others have worked hard to earn, and giving it to the lazy, shiftless, irresponsible members of society. "The poor," who in many cases are poor because they are lazy, or uneducated, or both--and much of that is because they thought they were so smart that they didn't need school. All they needed was big rims on their car, expensive clothing, a pair of 12" woofers, and LCD screens in the headrests. "What I gotta pay tenshun in skoo fo?! Teacher don't know nuffin! Sheee-it!"
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

You brag about your income too much to actually earn it, and your Republican friends give away more than their Democratic counterparts. I, as a conservative, don't want to be forced to give my money to anyone, but since neither party gives me that choice, I'll choose the disadvantaged as recipients over the already wealthy every day of the week.

Blues,
Dave

Disadvantaged does not necessarily mean deserving, and that is a very important distinction that it appears to me you might be ignoring.
Imaginations on fire

If I have my choice between giving my money to a single, unemployed mom or a fat defense contractor or his mercenaries, or someone who borrowed too much money to invest in real estate they don't need, I'll choose the mom every time.

Blues,
Dave

Why does it have to be a choice between those two? Why not NEITHER.

I am by no means the staunchest conservative. (I'm for damn sure no liberal, though.) But I am growing more and more weary of looking through the newspaper and seeing what to me seems to be the obvious detrimental results of our society tolerating (even seemingly cheering) the breakdown of the traditional family.

I know that not every single mom is that way by choice--but a huge number of them are (Either choice or negligence, take your pick) I DON'T WANT THAT REWARDED. Why should some inner-city welfare whore be rewarded from bringing 11 shitpile vermin soon-to-be-criminal kids into the world with MY MONEY?

One such fine specimen was shot to death recently in Belle Glade, Florida. He was the fifth of 11 kids; 21 years old; unemployed; had dropped out of school. WHO WANTS TO TELL ME HE BELIEVES THIS GUY WAS A CONTRIBUTOR TO SOCIETY IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN NEGATIVE? When he was shot to death, the newspaper stories did not have any quotes by someone identified as the "father," that's for sure. Is this the single mom who needs my money? Why the fuck shouldn't I be angry that she gets it?
Imaginations on fire

Blues,
Dave

Sorry, it is well known and well established that Democrats are heavy into taxing the money that others have worked hard to earn, and giving it to the lazy, shiftless, irresponsible members of society.

Please check out how much money our current fucktard in chief has spent over the last 8 years and get back to me. I think you'll find he "redistributed" more money per year than his predecessor or his father, by quite some margin. And he didn't bother trying to get enough income to cover his expenses, thus our record HALF A TRILLION DOLLAR deficit in the upcoming year. So yeah, he's being irresponsible, and expecting his constituency to join him in that...he'll instead collect the money from our hard-working children and grand-children (better yet, he'll leave it to those who follow him and hope that his role is forgotten).

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

So yeah, he's being irresponsible, and expecting his constituency to join him in that...he'll instead collect the money from our hard-working children and grand-children (better yet, he'll leave it to those who follow him and hope that his role is forgotten).

Blues,
Dave

Yeah, probably the best legacy he can hope for is to be forgotten. I guess that would be more properly stated as no legacy.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

You do realize that when it comes to wealth and wealth redistribution the Republicans are Liberals ... don't you?

The words "Liberal" and "Conservative" have gotten completely twisted around.

I am a liberal, and I am in favor of small government. (ie, generally oppose wealth re-distribution & big government programs)

Some would say that makes me a conservative, except that I also count optional wars, excessive militarism & imperialism as big government programs, so that counts me out.;)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

You do realize that when it comes to wealth and wealth redistribution the Republicans are Liberals ... don't you?

The words "Liberal" and "Conservative" have gotten completely twisted around.

I am a liberal, and I am in favor of small government. (ie, generally oppose wealth re-distribution & big government programs)

Some would say that makes me a conservative, except that I also count optional wars, excessive militarism & imperialism as big government programs, so that counts me out.;)

You want a conservative (not neo-conservative) government and a liberal society ... sounds good.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch