ltdiver

Super Tuesday Election Results

The results are starting to trickle in. Too soon to point in any one direction, yet it's fascinating to see its development.

CNN's Report of Super Tuesday 2008

It's almost 5:00pm PST here in CA and only a few states have reported in. So far the Republicans can't make up their mind and Obama's 100% ahead of Clinton.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Curious. As the percentages start coming in I look to the left of the ledger. Why is it they can claim -any- percentage when there's 0% of the precincts reporting in? :S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

The results are in -- we're stuck with Turd Sandwich vs. Giant Douche AGAIN.

But I ordered a Tuna Sandwich with a pickle on the side.

Too bad the GOP and media wrote Ron Paul off from the get go. I would have like to see what he could have done if the playing fields were more level.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Too bad the GOP and media wrote Ron Paul off from the get go. I would have like to see what he could have done if the playing fields were more level.

Be officially dubbed Knight Commander of The Tinfoil Hat Brigade?
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Be officially dubbed Knight Commander of The Tinfoil Hat Brigade?

Woosh!!! right out of right field with that one. I didn't say Paul was the best candidate. I am just saying I would have liked to see him compete on a level playing field. But the GOP and the media wrote him off from the get go. Maybe his Tinfoil hat got in the way of the neo-cons mission.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Very surprised/chagrined to read this story of how Romney has claimed McCain cut "back room deals" with West Virginia folks. I'd say Huckabee is the upsetting factor, and McCain is better for it.

[edit] Found the press release from Romney on his website, confirming the above. I had my doubts that a candidate would make this kind of accusation so early on.

yesterday it was being reported that mccain instructed his delegates to go with huckabee. i didn't know this could even be done. mccain needed huck to get enough delegates to stay in the race, but now it doesn't look like it matters. as of now (6:50 wed morning) mccain has more delegates than huck and romney combined, but i don't know if the count is finished yet.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

McCain and Huckabee are in cohoots. Huckabee will be McCains VP IMO. McCain needs him to win the south's evangelical vote. Huckabee, for the most part, is taking votes from Romney.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Very surprised/chagrined to read this story of how Romney has claimed McCain cut "back room deals" with West Virginia folks. I'd say Huckabee is the upsetting factor, and McCain is better for it.

[edit] Found the press release from Romney on his website, confirming the above. I had my doubts that a candidate would make this kind of accusation so early on.

I don't understand the fuss. West Virginia apparently has a requirement that a candidate must win with a majority of the vote. After the first round, nobody had a majority. Then the Paul and McCain folks, realizing their guy had no chance, went with their second choice...Huckabee, and that was enough to give him a majority. Romney's folks are all up in arms about this suppressing the will of the people, but it doesn't look that way to me. It looks to me like the majority either preferred Huckabee to Romney or wanted "anyone but Romney", neither of which constitute voter suppression/disenfranchisement in my eyes.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

McCain and Huckabee are in cohoots. Huckabee will be McCains VP IMO. McCain needs him to win the south's evangelical vote. Huckabee, for the most part, is taking votes from Romney.

Citation?

I have no proof to back that up. That is merely my opinion.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

I don't understand the fuss. West Virginia apparently has a requirement that a candidate must win with a majority of the vote. After the first round, nobody had a majority. Then the Paul and McCain folks, realizing their guy had no chance, went with their second choice...Huckabee, and that was enough to give him a majority. Romney's folks are all up in arms about this suppressing the will of the people, but it doesn't look that way to me. It looks to me like the majority either preferred Huckabee to Romney or wanted "anyone but Romney", neither of which constitute voter suppression/disenfranchisement in my eyes.

Blues,
Dave

That pretty well sums up my opinion, too. Given the speed at which Romney got this press release out, it would seem like he had some sour-grapes press releases ready to roll to try to stem the blood-letting. If nothing else, IMO, it's not very presidential to be issuing "He cheated" press releases before an electoral process has even closed.
Other than Utah's 88%, Romney didn't win big anywhere, so rather than whining "He cheated," he might take a step back and recognize people see him for the charismatic elitist that he is and they voted to say exactly that. I was stunned to see him lose so badly in California.

i agree that huck is taking votes from romney, but i kinda hope you're wrong about vp. not that huck would be the worst choice, but i would like to see a vp more towards the middle. i would like to see the republican party take a step away from the evangelical side of things, and i believe that even many republicans and independants would like to see that too. the far right has their panties in a wad because mccain doesn't vote strictly along party lines. mccain realizes that republicans aren't always right and dems aren't always wrong and that's what this country needs right now. i would love to see rudy for vp, but i don't think that will happen, although i would be very surprised if rudy wasn't given a position somewhere.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

McCain will pick Joe Lieberman as a running mate. Mac's more concerned with swooning moderate democrats than maintaining his base - he's taken that for granted.

He's a focus-group driven, old-school politician. He'll calculate this entire exercise to maintain power and make the least impact on the status quo.

And Obama, as dynamic and charismatic a personality as he is...has two things working against him:

#1 - He NEVER answers a question. He just sounds very good at answering.
#2 - He's black - We're doing better, but the US still has too many rednecks on both sides of the aisle to elect him.

Mac will win. Nothing will change...and it sucks ass. We need Ron Paul.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member