BillyVance

Sex offender in the neighborhood

I would just send them to Kallends house for tea and crumpets.

in one piece, or many smaller ones.:|

BTW the dog you see in my avatar may let in his "friends" but those who do not belong here, or harbor any ill will might not be very safe from harm.

Tyson does not compromise when it comes to defending his charges.;)

Many times the police are more heavy handed with those considering retribution, than they are with the perps themselves.

Why??????
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Many times the police are more heavy handed with those considering retribution, than they are with the perps themselves.

Why??????

Vigilantism is against the law too. Police do not like having their work done for them.

Even with that said, you can still get a jury trial and a good lawyer if you can afford one, who can then spin the case in your favor in front of a jury that just might see it your way.

I'm not going to do it though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Why??????

Vigilantism is against the law too. Police do not like having their work done for them.

Even with that said, you can still get a jury trial and a good lawyer if you can afford one, who can then spin the case in your favor in front of a jury that just might see it your way.

I'm not going to do it though.

Understood, but which crime merits more effort on the part of the police? No two crimes are equal and thus the worst of the two crimes should get a larger share of the police resources allocated to them. I have only heard/seen anecdotes of what Warpedskydiver said but I have been left with that impression whenever a case like this hits the media. For example lets go back as far as the Bernard Goetz incedent. What he did was against the law and I accept that, but people got shot, stabbed mangled ...etc every day in New York. Why all of a sudden did it become a huge priority with media attention and the resources of the entire police force (which is what they said at the time) being put into finding some guy who just had enough and hot a few bad guys? If some innocent guys had walked down the wrong street in the ghetto and been shot would there have been as much effort?
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Police do not like having their work done for them.

I'm not sure why, but I found that hilarious.:D

Anyway, just take the dude to Aruba and dump him out at sea. The Van der Sloot approved method.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

>Why?

Because premeditated murder is a more serious crime than sexual assault.

But the general impression I get is that they wouldn't have to go that far to get more police attention. Even if they only beat the crap out of the guy and broke a few bones I suspect the cops might take a harder line on that.

There was a case in BC where a store owner committed stat rape on a young girl that worked in his store. He got some wishy-washy probation sentence and when the father walked up to him with a bat and nailed him (not fatally) he did prison time and then the guy sued him ( It was a long tima ago so please don't ask for the link, it did happen)

>Why?

But the general impression I get is that they wouldn't have to go that far to get more police attention. Even if they only beat the crap out of the guy and broke a few bones I suspect the cops might take a harder line on that.

There was a case in BC where a store owner committed stat rape on a young girl that worked in his store. He got some wishy-washy probation sentence and when the father walked up to him with a bat and nailed him (not fatally) he did prison time and then the guy sued him ( It was a long tima ago so please don't ask for the link, it did happen)

In that case, the father was wrong, but I can certainly understand why he did that.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In that case, the father was wrong, but I can certainly understand why he did that.

I'm not saying that he did nothing illegal. My concern is that it at least appears to me that hurting a criminal is taken more seriously than the criminal hurting an innocent.

>Why?

For me it would not be premeditated. I would kill him immediately.

And if you ask me, offing a child predator is a LESS serious crime than destroying a child, possibly for life.

>For me it would not be premeditated. I would kill him immediately.

Your posting here would prove that it was indeed premeditated.

>And if you ask me, offing a child predator is a LESS serious crime than
>destroying a child, possibly for life.

A person can recover from a rape, although many people have a hard time with it. They cannot recover from being murdered.

A person can recover from a rape, although many people have a hard time with it. They cannot recover from being murdered.

Nope, but how about castration for convicted rapists after their 2nd rape conviction? If they don't learn the first time, sic Lorena Bobbitt on them! :D

I don't have a daughter, and no crime was committed. I think a lawyer would argue that a hypothetical discussion of future events years before a crime would not count as premeditation. Premeditation involves planning out the crime relatively specifically.

Well, if I ever do have a daughter, don't rape her if you place any value on your life. That's about all I can say.

>Premeditation involves planning out the crime relatively specifically.

It quite literally means you thought about it beforehand, and it was not "in the heat of the moment." If you put into action a plan you had for years, it is premeditated. Doesn't matter if you do not select the target until later.

As an example, if you plan to go into a mall and shoot some people, it's a premeditated crime, even if you do not select your targets until you get there, and only shoot people who really piss you off.

Nope, but how about castration for convicted rapists after their 2nd rape conviction? If they don't learn the first time, sic Lorena Bobbitt on them! :D

I'm for castration, then grafting one testicle onto each side of their face.

This would make them easy to identify and bring a whole new meaning to having "baggy eyes".

. . =(_8^(1)

I'm for castration, then grafting one testicle onto each side of their face.

This would make them easy to identify and bring a whole new meaning to having "baggy eyes".

Awesome idea! :D:D:D

In California just using the information from the sex offender database to commit a crime or harrass a registered offender is a crime itself punishable by jail time. This was written on a note I've received once.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

In California just using the information from the sex offender database to commit a crime or harrass a registered offender is a crime itself punishable by jail time. This was written on a note I've received once.

Wouldn't surprise me. At the end of the day, I would not advocate going out with the intent of playing vigilante even though I can understand how the parent of a victim will want to. I just feel bothered by the fact that the law seems to place more emphasis on protecting criminals than citizens as is evidenced by their apparent willingness to suddenly do their job once a good guy hurts a bad guy.

Either way, if one moves into your neighborhood the best thing to do is keep a close eye on him and coordinate with the other neighbors.

Yeah....if he's gonna rape the girl or kill her, I guess it's probably better to be raped if ya' gotta do one. But if he's a rapist, maybe being murdered isn't such a bad thing. Most rapists aren't gonna recover from being a rapist. How many people can he rape before he deserves to be killed???
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I just feel bothered by the fact that the law seems to place more emphasis on protecting criminals than citizens as is evidenced by their apparent willingness to suddenly do their job once a good guy hurts a bad guy.

Because "good buys hurting bad guys" could end up with so-called vendetta. Talking about scenario provided by Zyppo, when he would go and kill the offender. Let's assume the offender had a son, a brother or another relative. This way they'd probably feel that they have to visit Zippo (and maybe his whole family) with a shotgun. Looks like the same scenario - a good guy went after a bad guy, a convicted murderer who killed his father/brother/whatever. Then let's assume Zyppo has a gangsta-type relative... you could see pretty easily how the situation could involve a lot of people. That's probably why.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Bad guys were lynched for years. If a girl's dad kills the jerk who raped her, I'm doubting that the rapist's family is gonna hunt him down. But he'd probably have to pay his own fiddler. What if the girl, herself, kills the SOB who raped her. She'd probably be prosecuted more harshly than her father would. Just guessing though.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

How many people can he rape before he deserves to be killed???

Emotionally, I can't argue with that. Legally, however, it's another story. Besides, let's assume dad's daughter gets raped. Dad kills rapist. Dad stands trial, goes to jail, gets out early. Moves into a new house. Neighborhood vigilantes hear "Dad" is a criminal who got out of jail early. "Dad" is officially an outcast of the neighborhood... Granted, most cases might be more clear cut as to how "bad" the person is.
I have mixed feelings about having to report one's previous crimes. On one hand, I DO want to protect my family. On the other hand, it almost constitute a second sentence. You either release people if you feel they have served their time; keep them in jail for the duration of the sentence (instead of systematically releasing them early); or review the penalties associated with certain crimes, such as rape, so that sentencing is much heavier. But essentially telling someone "you've paid your dues, you're free", then marking this person for life with a scarlet letter seems a little hypocritical to me. Keep the person in jail for life, don't release him/her. But if you do free such person, play it by the rules adn respect the definition of "freedom". If someone is deemed dangerous to society to the point that people should be warned about such person, then such person should not be free in the first place!

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."