akarunway

Passort Denial Program

I am a prisoner of the USA. Applied for passport to go out of country to make some (good) money. 2 mths. later I get the letter. Denied. Talked to Florida, they said $12,500 back (child) support limit. Fuckin Feds say $2500.00. They still have my $97 and my birth documents. Cocksuckers. Smells like debtors prison to me. >:( Arghh. Least I can go to Mexico still. If the fuckin feds send my BC. back.>:(
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

If you have a regular employer, go to family court and voluntarily work out a payment plan that will include regular garnishment of your wages, beyond your control, to pay off the arrears. Then get a jusge to sign off on it. Maybe the govt will accept that. But I'm guessing you don't have a regular employer that pays you W-2 wages on the books, or else they'd already be garnishing your wages. If you don't, then get can always get yourself such a job; then see above.

Do you own any property at all that you can sell to pay for your children's food, clothing and maintenance? A motor vehicle? Your TV or stereo? Your computer? How much furniture do you really need? Your parachute rig?

(From your profile)

Container: Wings
Main Canopy: Sabre2 135 ft²
Reserve Canopy: PD Reserve 126 ft²
AAD: Cypres

All that will bring you a few bucks.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/family/family_863.html

Child Support Payments and Getting a U.S. Passport

Section 51.70 (a) (8) of Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations states, in part, that if you are certified to Passport Services by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to be in arrears of child support payments in excess of $2,500, you are ineligible to receive a U.S. passport . If this applies to you, Passport Services strongly recommends that you contact the appropriate State child support enforcement agency to make payment arrangements before applying for a passport. This is because:

The State agency must certify to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that acceptable payment arrangements have been made.
Then, HHS must notify Passport Services by the removal of your name from the electronic list HHS gives to Passport Services. (Passport Services cannot issue a passport until your name has been deleted by HHS.)
Please note that it can take 2-3 weeks from the time you make payment arrangements with the State agency until your name is removed from HHS' electronic list. Passport Services has no information concerning individuals' child support obligations and has no authority to take action until HHS removes your name from its list.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I am a prisoner of the USA. Applied for passport to go out of country to make some (good) money. 2 mths. later I get the letter. Denied. Talked to Florida, they said $12,500 back (child) support limit. Fuckin Feds say $2500.00. They still have my $97 and my birth documents. Cocksuckers. Smells like debtors prison to me. >:( Arghh. Least I can go to Mexico still. If the fuckin feds send my BC. back.>:(

Wah. Meet your obligations, and stop being a drama queen.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Talked to Florida, they said $12,500 back (child) support limit. Fuckin Feds say $2500.00

take the Fed's offer

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Talked to Florida, they said $12,500 back (child) support limit. Fuckin Feds say $2500.00

take the Fed's offer

From the info Zipp0 posted, it sounds like he has to pay it down below $2500 before they'll renew his passport...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Seriously. This is some kind of joke, right? You can afford to skydive, and yet owe more than 10K in back child support to your kids? And are complaining because you got busted for it? To be honest (without passing a moral judgement), I am a little confused.

I, myself have been in a similar situation a few times (involving unpaid speeding tickets, not child support). When I got to the DMV to renew my license, they would not do so until the fines were cleared. A pisser, yes, but MY fault, not their's.
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

So why don't ya' just pay the child support???

I try a little at a time. But since they suspended my D/L also work is hard to come by in my trade. Taxis, airplanes and hotels eat alot of money. [:/] And to boot the kid turned 18 last yr. and I'm still getting hit. Fla said we'll get around to stop charging you when we get around to it. Then you can ask for some money back. Yeah right. >:(. Plus the state of Fla. gave her a lawyer, couple lawyers to triple my support w/o even notifying me. They sure as fuck won't give me a lawyer. Didn't know til I saw it on my paycheck.

If you have a regular employer, go to family court and voluntarily work out a payment plan that will include regular garnishment of your wages, beyond your control, to pay off the arrears. Then get a jusge to sign off on it. Maybe the govt will accept that. But I'm guessing you don't have a regular employer that pays you W-2 wages on the books, or else they'd already be garnishing your wages. If you don't, then get can always get yourself such a job; then see above.

Do you own any property at all that you can sell to pay for your children's food, clothing and maintenance? A motor vehicle? Your TV or stereo? Your computer? How much furniture do you really need? Your parachute rig?

(From your profile)

Container: Wings
Main Canopy: Sabre2 135 ft²
Reserve Canopy: PD Reserve 126 ft²
AAD: Cypres

All that will bring you a few bucks.

She sold everything an got the rest. The fucking court (literally) asked for my clothes.

Fuck off bitch. You shoulda been married to that cunt:P

Here's an idea. Pay it all, then go visit your kids. They will like that.

Restrianing order. Chick was smart. Lies, lies lies.

Fuck off bitch. You shoulda been married to that cunt:P

If it flies, floats, or fucks, you're better off renting it.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I haven't been able to skydive for going on 6 yrs. Sold the brand new never jumped rig 2 mths. ago.[:/]

Seriously. This is some kind of joke, right? You can afford to skydive, and yet owe more than 10K in back child support to your kids? And are complaining because you got busted for it? To be honest (without passing a moral judgement), I am a little confused.

I, myself have been in a similar situation a few times (involving unpaid speeding tickets, not child support). When I got to the DMV to renew my license, they would not do so until the fines were cleared. A pisser, yes, but MY fault, not their's.

It's always someone else's fault.

Yeah. Them fuckin cunts. Now I just rent hookers.;) Least they keep their mouths shut except when needed

the state of Fla. gave her a lawyer, couple lawyers to triple my support w/o even notifying me. They sure as fuck won't give me a lawyer. Didn't know til I saw it on my paycheck.

Support payments are not increased without a judicial hearing of which the non-custodial parent is served with notice in advance. Or, sometimes it is done on a motion in which the non-custodial parent is served with the motion and has a certain deadline within which to file a response. But simply "doing it without any notice" would be unconstitutional.

Having said that, if you move, you're supposed to notify the child support authorities of your new address. If you fail to do so, that's on you. The burden is on you to keep the authorities updated on your wherabouts - it is not on them to jump through hoops to investigate where you may have landed after you've moved. If you cannot be located because you've given them no forwarding address, the judge can issue permission to notify you of the court hearing via posting on the door of your last known address and/or publication in a newspapaper servicing the area encompassing your last known address.

But - if you didn't move, maybe you just missed it in the mail, or accidentally tossed it with the junk mail. Or, maybe it got delivered to the wrong address. It happens.

But you did notice it when you saw it on your paycheck. Judicial decisions can be appealed, but there are deadlines within which to do it. If you noticed it on your paycheck, but didn't file an appeal and rehearing on the grounds that you didn't receive the motion and/or notice of the first hearing, that's on you.

Are you sure its not because you spelt your name corretly on the application form?:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca