waltappel

I wanna build an AK-47...

...and want a really cool design but it's gotta be either ultra-modern or ultra-traditional.

There are a lot of nice kits out there but I haven't seen anything yet that really turns me on.

Anyone have any good ideas?

For ultra-traditional I'm thinking a milled receiver (yeah, I know it's heavier but I want to get some engraving done) and an exotic hardwood stock kit.

For ultra-modern, I'm thinking stamped receiver, synthetic stock (of course)--either collapsible or folding--and I want to be able to put some nice optics on it.

Walt

Maybe we can talk Apollard into posting the pictures she has from this weekend of mine.

She looked so Laura Croft with my H&K APC 45 on her Hip while holding the SKS (Poor mans AK:P:D:D) with Synthetic Folding pistol grip stock and 30 Round Clip and Hell-fire attachment.

Nothing like hot chicks holding assault rifles to make me all tingly inside.:)

Nothing like hot chicks holding assault rifles to make me all tingly inside.

I'll send you a pic of Kim and one of her H O T friends, both holding assault rifles and wearing very little.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Maybe we can talk Apollard into posting the pictures she has from this weekend of mine.

She looked so Laura Croft with my H&K APC 45 on her Hip while holding the SKS (Poor mans AK:P:D:D) with Synthetic Folding pistol grip stock and 30 Round Clip and Hell-fire attachment.

Nothing like hot chicks holding assault rifles to make me all tingly inside.:)

I have some Russian SKSs but the only upgrade I would really consider is a detachable magazine. Is your 30 round mag detachable? If so, how do you like it?

Walt

OK.. I have checked my email atleast 37 times in the past 2 minutes. NO message yet.[:/]

What are you waiting on?? Hurry up!!:D

Lol, i thought they were on her myspace page but apparently she removed it. I have them on the home computer but not here at work. I will post it when i get home if i can find it.:D If not i will take one just for you.:P

edit to add: In the meantime, how about a pic without her jumpsuit on??;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I have some Russian SKSs but the only upgrade I would really consider is a detachable magazine. Is your 30 round mag detachable? If so, how do you like it?

Love it. yes it is detachable. Took about 2 minutes to convert it from the standard 10 round to the detachable 30 Round Latch. Can still be top loaded with stripper clips too.

I have 3 - 30 round clips. 2 Synthetic and one Metal. The synthetic are great but the springs go after while. The one I brought out this past weekend definitely had a weak spring but the Clip was about 10 year old and has had 1000`s of round run through it. I think I got my $40 worth of use out of it.

get an air-soft...quieter! ;)

Now that you've posted it, they will probably start appearing at DZs everywhere!:D:D

Walt

If I had just seen those a while back . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

...and want a really cool design but it's gotta be either ultra-modern or ultra-traditional.

There are a lot of nice kits out there but I haven't seen anything yet that really turns me on.

Anyone have any good ideas?

For ultra-traditional I'm thinking a milled receiver (yeah, I know it's heavier but I want to get some engraving done) and an exotic hardwood stock kit.

For ultra-modern, I'm thinking stamped receiver, synthetic stock (of course)--either collapsible or folding--and I want to be able to put some nice optics on it.

Walt

If you want to be really cool get a flat receiver blank and the bending/machine tools and make your own receiver. There are youtube vids of people dong it. These probably scare the ATF to death, being impossible to track. Bad people might cut 2 extra holes and then the booms happen much closer together somehow.....;)

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I would not recommend building an AK unless you have a friend that is really good at riveting. I used to work at a class 3 shop and tried to build one but we spent most of the time building jigs. I would send it out to an AK builder cause they are much harder to build than one might think. I forget the name of the guy we sent our full auto krink to. I will have to ask my old boss if you really want to build one. It is much easier to buy a completed rifle if you are looking for a semi auto.

Cheers

Pete

I would not recommend building an AK unless you have a friend that is really good at riveting. I used to work at a class 3 shop and tried to build one but we spent most of the time building jigs. I would send it out to an AK builder cause they are much harder to build than one might think. I forget the name of the guy we sent our full auto krink to. I will have to ask my old boss if you really want to build one. It is much easier to buy a completed rifle if you are looking for a semi auto.

Cheers

Pete

I've got a friend who's built some before. If not for him I wouldn't even try it!

Walt

Love it. yes it is detachable. Took about 2 minutes to convert it from the standard 10 round to the detachable 30 Round Latch. Can still be top loaded with stripper clips too.

I have 3 - 30 round clips. 2 Synthetic and one Metal. The synthetic are great but the springs go after while. The one I brought out this past weekend definitely had a weak spring but the Clip was about 10 year old and has had 1000`s of round run through it. I think I got my $40 worth of use out of it.

can you fit a 75 round drum mag to an SKS? Nothing better than winding up the mag and letting 75 rounds fly one after another does tend to heat up the barrel a bit though.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I want to get some engraving done) and an exotic hardwood stock kit...

Um, those are items for finely-made expensive firearms. On an AK-47 they would be severely out of place. Kind of like wearing camouflage pants and a tie-die T-shirt. Oh wait, um, never mind...

Seriously, that would be a waste of good skill and fine wood on an AK.