TheAnvil

Check out this vermin

A short time later, police found 25-year-old Derrick Kosch at a home with a gunshot wound to his right testicle and lower left leg. He was expected to have surgery at a hospital.

If karma would only work so efficiently all the time, there would be no need for a justice system.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Maybe this asshole will sue the gun company!

Why? They didn't make him shoot his nut off.

Now now John.....it's always the guns fault. You can't seriously expect our society to hold individuals responsible for their actions.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322848,00.html

How fitting. Ftard.

:S

Well on a lighter note we do not have to worry about him reproducing.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322848,00.html

How fitting. Ftard.

Well on a lighter note we do not have to worry about him reproducing.

Darwins Law in action :)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It was probably a Glock, hence the term "Glock Leg."

Gangsters have a tendency to not use holsters, which allows the trigger to snag and the gun to fire. Doesn't matter if it's a glock or not, if you're not using a holster to protect the trigger.

Not overly familiar with Glock (laws here on pistols are harsh so I am a rifle and shotgun guy). Would you tell me what it is about a glock that makes it prone to ND's? Yes I'm to lazy to do my own research when someone here can just tell me.

Gangsters have a tendency to not use holsters, which allows the trigger to snag and the gun to fire. Doesn't matter if it's a glock or not, if you're not using a holster to protect the trigger.

Not overly familiar with Glock (laws here on pistols are harsh so I am a rifle and shotgun guy). Would you tell me what it is about a glock that makes it prone to ND's? Yes I'm to lazy to do my own research when someone here can just tell me.

No external safeties. The trigger cannot be disabled like a Bersa/Wather/Beretta, which all have a decock lever.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

No external safeties. The trigger cannot be disabled like a Bersa/Wather/Beretta, which all have a decock lever.

Gracias.

I'm sure some idiots actually DO think he would have standing to sue...

In product liability law, a manufacturer has a duty to anticipate, and (if technologically feasible) guard against not only proper usage of the product, but also reasonably anticipatable incorrect usage of the product. That's why, for example, butane cigarette lighters are now made a lot more idiot-proof than they used to be: because 1st-generation Bic lighters allowed the user to adjust the flame to "blowtorch", and some people accidentally immolated their faces, resulting in the Bic company losing several huge lawsuits. (Got me a free trip to France some years ago to attend depositions of Biche Company executives in just such a case.)

Product liability cases are very dependent on the specific facts of each case, and each case has a lot of room for argument, but I think it can be argued that it can be reasonable anticipated that some users (no, not just bad guys, but lawful CCW owners, etc.) might carry a gun in their belt-waist, and not in a holster. Since de-cock technology exists to disable the trigger (as shown by Walther and Baretta), Glock could be charged with the duty to incorporate such a feature in its guns, and liability for the reasonably-anticipatable consequences of its not doing so.

(That's why Red Ryder no longer makes the official carbine-action 200-shot range model BB rifle with a compass in the stock: you'll shoot your eye out!)

I think that's a perversion of the law and an absolute slap in the face of the concept of personal responsibility. That vermin didn't have to buy a Glock. He made a choice to buy it. any such case should be thrown out of court and the person bringing it sanctioned or fined.

Unfortunately, that probably wouldn't happen, judges being former lawyers for the most part.

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I think that's a perversion of the law and an absolute slap in the face of the concept of personal responsibility. That vermin didn't have to buy a Glock. He made a choice to buy it. any such case should be thrown out of court and the person bringing it sanctioned or fined.

I don't see where it says he used a Glock. Any loaded gun will go off if you stuff it into your pants while holding the trigger. Criminals are mostly stupid, and very few of them spend time practicing gun safety or trigger discipline.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Unfortunately, that probably wouldn't happen, judges being former lawyers for the most part.

Product liability law, as guided by, among other things, §302A of the Restatement (Second) of Torts, exists in every one of the 50 US states, and is actionable both in state courts and in Federal Court. If you, as a citizen, object to that as a matter of public policy, then by all means you can lobby each state's legislature, as well as Congress, to legislate a change. Or, you can be the driving force to amend your state's constitution or the US Constitution. Or you can start an editorial and blog writing campaign. Or all of the above.

As for the gratuitous lawyer-bashing, I'm not going to rise to the bait.

I have no issue with product liability law - I have issue with its application in such a manner and believe personal responsibility is paramount. I think Bar Rule # 11 - the one about frivolous lawsuits - would apply, but frivolity is much more difficult to prove than one would imagine.

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!