Para_Frog

Ron Paul - WTF

The New Republic....weren't they the folks supporting that idiot Beauchamp?

Googled it...yup, they were. I'd take anything they 'report' with several grains of salt... 3 lick blocks should do it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yeah but since Drudge glommed onto...the MSM won't be far behind.

The establishment is scared to hell of RP. This is just more of that fear coming to fruition. John Q. Public will avoid Dr. Paul now for certain.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Yeah but since Drudge glommed onto...the MSM won't be far behind.

The establishment is scared to hell of RP. This is just more of that fear coming to fruition. John Q. Public will avoid Dr. Paul now for certain.

I don't know - now that more people have actually heard him speak in the debates, it'll be a LOT harder for bullshit like that to get traction.

This is an interesting op-ed, however.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hmmm...the media has been fairly dismissive of Paul so far. If they all start showing a conspicuous amount of attention to these allegations, my bullshit detector will be ringing big-time.

EDIT: One more thing. How many years has Paul been sitting in the House? Now this stuff comes out?
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Releases › Ron Paul Statement on The New Republic Article Regarding Old Newsletters
January 8, 2008 5:28 am EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – In response to an article published by The New Republic, Ron Paul issued the following statement:

“The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts.

“In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King, Jr. that we should only be concerned with the content of a person's character, not the color of their skin. As I stated on the floor of the U.S. House on April 20, 1999: ‘I rise in great respect for the courage and high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood steadfastly for the rights of individuals against unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.’

“This story is old news and has been rehashed for over a decade. It's once again being resurrected for obvious political reasons on the day of the New Hampshire primary.

“When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine full-time, a newsletter was published under my name that I did not edit. Several writers contributed to the product. For over a decade, I have publically taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name.”
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

The New Republic....weren't they the folks supporting that idiot Beauchamp?

Googled it...yup, they were. I'd take anything they 'report' with several grains of salt... 3 lick blocks should do it.

If you click the sourcing references, the damning report seems quite misleading. It appears that only some of the quotes are sourced at all, and those mostly come from the kooks posting to alt.conspiracy & similar usenet newsgroups. I'll need to see a much better treatment of the sourcing before I'll believe the alleged quotes are attributable to Ron Paul.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If I gave you 100:1 I feel like I'd still be cheating you.

Repeat after me, "There will be no Ron Paul revolution. It was all a bad internet prank."

BTW, NH polls close in 2 minutes. Lemme know how that turns out will ya?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

“When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine full-time, a newsletter was published under my name that I did not edit. Several writers contributed to the product. For over a decade, I have publically taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name.”

It all comes down to this part. He is either using that as an excuse or it is actually true. If those statements are from that newsletter, he made a pretty big mistake by not reviewing what went out under his name.....

It all comes down to this part. He is either using that as an excuse or it is actually true. If those statements are from that newsletter, he made a pretty big mistake by not reviewing what went out under his name.....

"Newsletter" seems a bit ambitious. It looks like it was people using his name to post their essays on usenet. If I were to start posting all sorts of drivel to alt.kooks.nosebondage and titled each thread "The Skydekker Report" would you know a) that it was happening and b) what I was saying? Would you care? Would you be able to stop me?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If I gave you 100:1 I feel like I'd still be cheating you.

Repeat after me, "There will be no Ron Paul revolution. It was all a bad internet prank."

BTW, NH polls close in 2 minutes. Lemme know how that turns out will ya?

Well, you're forgetting the waffling he did on MTP where, after going back and forth, he finally admitted the door is cracked for him to run as an Indep as soon as the R's run him out. Point is, we will have to suffer 1 more puny little revolution as soon as the R's oust him, if he isn't mathematically ousted yet.

So the owners of a newspaper are responsible for every comment, article or discussion going on in their news paper?

If this is all they can come up with when they are trying their best to comprehensively attack Ron Paul, then I'm confident with supporting Ron Paul all the way.

Btw. I've followed the Mises Institute for some time, and they stand for nothing of the sort mentioned in these smear attacks. And that is the truth.
I like subway.

Who gives a flying poo? Ron Paul is a non-factor at this point.

Second tier candidates always have the potential to sway elections.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Who gives a flying poo? Ron Paul is a non-factor at this point.

Second tier candidates always have the potential to sway elections.

And that might be a relevant statement if he was a second tier contender. Right now, he only has 2 more delegates than I do. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver