happythoughts

what is entrapment?

clicky

Robin Garrison, an off-duty 42-year-old firefighter, was walking in Berliner Park in Columbus, Ohio, in May when he saw a woman sunbathing topless under a tree.

He approached her and they started talking and getting comfortable, the woman smiling and resting her foot on his shoulder at one point.

Eventually, she asked to see Garrison's penis; he unzipped his pants and complied.

So... ?

Seconds later, undercover police officers pulled up in a van and arrested Garrison; he was later charged with public indecency, a misdemeanor, based on video footage taken by cops who were targeting men having sex or masturbating in the park. While topless sunbathing is legal in the city's parks, exposing more than that is against the law.

The title of the article ?

"Topless Woman Lured Perverts in Police Sting"

So... a topless woman is caressing a mans shoulder with her foot and obviously hitting on him.
She wants to escalates things, he complies.
He gets arrested.

Opinions?

For the record, the boob is the most deadly weapon in the war against men, this isn't just entrapment, IT'S A DAMN WAR CRIME!!

Send that woman to Prauge, she should be hanged at the UN, you don't expose those puppies unless you intend to kill, it's just plain wrong
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Legally speaking, entrapment has become a matter of a person doing something that they wouldn't otherwise do. IOW's, a guy in the red light district, perhaps a history of being a john, can't claim it as it is something he would do anyway. Before we went to the 7-2 split in the SCOTUS entrapment wasn't like that, it was more along the lines of the behavior of the officer, now it has more to do with the behavior or likely behavior of the perpetrator.

There was a case where drug dealers were out of product when approached by agents, so the agents brought these guys the crude product with teh promise fo splitting the take, the dealers made teh meth, called the agenst and bam, they were busted, tried to claim entrapment - no worky.

So you guys wanna complain about the cops being brutal, that is primarily a product the 7-2 SCOTUS. The cops get "bright line rules" from these decisions and act accordingly. The Scotus allows cops to forcibly hold you down on a DUI stop and draw blood against your will. So keep voting R, keep seeing BS like the park incident happen.

The Scotus allows cops to forcibly hold you down on a DUI stop and draw blood against your will. So keep voting R, keep seeing BS like the park incident happen.

This line sounds like a line of crap, and no offense I think you are talking out of your ass. The only time an officer can order that your blood be drawn without your consent is if you are involved in an accident resulting in serious bodily injury (as deifned by statute) or death. That statute is to protect the rights of the victim or their family and to ensure consequences for your actions.

As far as the rules of entrampent, they are to protect the public from the police (in a way) the rule of entrapment states that the police will not do anything to encourage and individual to commit a criminal act that they would not have committed baring the encounter. In the case in the park yes I agree, that should fall into an entrapment as she (the officer) asked the defendant to expose himself. Had he simple exposed himself without her making the request, he then should be found guilty of exposure and lewd and lacivious if he subsequently began masterbating after exposing himself

What is entrapment?

John DeLorean.
Guilty as Hell but the jury felt the government was way out of bounds in catching him.

"DeLorean Motorcars, how may I help you?"

"I just picked up my new DeLorean and while going over the paperwork at home I noticed there was no rebate mentioned. The advertisements on the radio promised a rebate."

"Ma'am, your rebate is in the trunk. In a Ziplock bag."

What is entrapment?

John DeLorean.
Guilty as Hell but the jury felt the government was way out of bounds in catching him.

"DeLorean Motorcars, how may I help you?"

"I just picked up my new DeLorean and while going over the paperwork at home I noticed there was no rebate mentioned. The advertisements on the radio promised a rebate."

"Ma'am, your rebate is in the trunk. In a Ziplock bag."

Ziplock bag. LOL That wasn't enough for one nite back in the good ole days;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

>>>>>>>>>This line sounds like a line of crap, and no offense I think you are talking out of your ass. The only time an officer can order that your blood be drawn without your consent is if you are involved in an accident resulting in serious bodily injury (as deifned by statute) or death. That statute is to protect the rights of the victim or their family and to ensure consequences for your actions.

I'll make a deal with ya, If I can't provide a case where the cops did this and it was upheld by an appellate court, I will leave here forever, if I can provide 1, you leave forever. Trust me, there are several out there, I just need 1. Exactly, crawl back into your hole. As a matter of fact, I personally know a person this happened to. You can pig-love all ya want, but SOME states have this procedure in their disposal, even without an accident. Well, nuts or no nuts? (Hint: ask Masterrig)

>>>>>>>>>>>>As far as the rules of entrampent, they are to protect the public from the police (in a way)

In a BIG WAY, as a matter of fact. The exclusionary rule is there to dissuade police misconduct, meaning the SCOTUS knows pigs are prone to misconduct. So, you are right, sir.

>>>>>>>>>>>>the rule of entrapment states that the police will not do anything to encourage and individual to commit a criminal act that they would not have committed baring the encounter.

I paraphrased by saying that if the behavior is something they wouldn't do anyway - same idea.

>>>>>>>>>>>>In the case in the park yes I agree, that should fall into an entrapment as she (the officer) asked the defendant to expose himself.

I agree in a common sense view, but it won't be dismissed under the rules of entrapment. A cop can ask a person to lill someone, if that peson does it is not entrapment. To fall under entrapment you must go to a nunnery and persuade them to whore out.....entrapment defenses are all but gone under your parties SCOTUS.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Had he simple exposed himself without her making the request, he then should be found guilty of exposure and lewd and lacivious if he subsequently began masterbating after exposing himself

Makes sense, but not the way it works.

The Scotus allows cops to forcibly hold you down on a DUI stop and draw blood against your will. So keep voting R, keep seeing BS like the park incident happen.

This line sounds like a line of crap, and no offense I think you are talking out of your ass. The only time an officer can order that your blood be drawn without your consent is if you are involved in an accident resulting in serious bodily injury (as deifned by statute) or death. That statute is to protect the rights of the victim or their family and to ensure consequences for your actions.

As much as it pains me to agree with Lucky on anything, this time he's correct.

http://www.motorists.org/blog/duidwi/motorists-forced-to-let-officers-draw-blood-sample-at-dui-stops/

As a reprieve, he's wrong that the SCOTUS is allowing it.

As much as it pains me to agree with Lucky on anything, this time he's correct.

http://www.motorists.org/blog/duidwi/motorists-forced-to-let-officers-draw-blood-sample-at-dui-stops/

As a reprieve, he's wrong that the SCOTUS is allowing it.

Point out when I'm not correct. I may come across as an a'hole, don't care if I do, but if I assert something I will have done some research on it. If I dunno....guess what? I say.....I dunno....

Now you blew it for freefalle, I coulda been done with him. Oh wait, he won't respond. ;)

Actually the SCOTUS in years past did affirm non-consentual blood draw from DUI stops, I'm doing more research into it.

It's something that only criminals whine about and would never affect someone who obeys the law.

Right, cause only criminals get arrested and only criminals get convicted.

That's not what I was saying, but don't let facts get in the way of a good straw man argument.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

It's something that only criminals whine about and would never affect someone who obeys the law.

Right, cause only criminals get arrested and only criminals get convicted.

That's not what I was saying, but don't let facts get in the way of a good straw man argument.

I've posted fact, been told that I had my head up my ass for stating that you can have blood forcibly draw on a DUI stop, a former nemesis agreed. You've posted opinion, do better.