happythoughts

what is entrapment?

I understand there are many sites where people do role playing, but getting in your car and driving for hours after you have just asked someone you know is underage to have sex with you and then showing up with condoms and alcohol is a little hard to write off as just role playing.

My point exactly. At what point do we no longer have reasonable doubt?

Again we could just avoid all the hassle by making it a felony to meet any minor you have spoken to online for any reason however innocent unles you have already spoken to the parents and they are aware that you are meeting their child (in which case they will be mightily curious and show up to see your intentions).
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>...and even if the cops couldn't immediately identify what your screen name was.

It's, um, er...... Billvon. :o

Actually what these guys get arrested for is conspiracy to commit _______________. SOmetimes they just get charged with aiding to the delinquincy of a minor, or attempted the same. Attempted lude conduct with, etc. They are solid charges, as there was intent, regardless of the fact that there was never a 12 year old; the rub lies within the perp, not the victim, potential victim, alleged victim.

>that person might not be the only one going to jail that night.

Possibly. But it would be unfortunate if he was released (since he was clearly the victim of an assault) while you were held for the crime you committed. He would likely have better access to your children in that case.

>that person might not be the only one going to jail that night.

Possibly. But it would be unfortunate if he was released (since he was clearly the victim of an assault) while you were held for the crime you committed. He would likely have better access to your children in that case.

Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure a jury wouldn't convict me. Jury's aren't normally fond of child molesters and tend to be pretty sympathetic to a father protecting his children from internet stalkers. Even if I got convicted, I doubt I'd get much more than a slap on the wrist.

>Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure a jury wouldn't convict me. Jury's aren't
>normally fond of child molesters . . .

Depends. They may not be fond of violent, unstable parents around small children either. Best to avoid the issue entirely and use the police instead, I would think.