Flacid_Monk

"he could have killed me" argument

why do many Americans on here always come back with the defence of "but he could have killed me/him/her" best to shoot them :S

i was reading the other topic about the pig tazzering somebody to death, and a copper in that topic said about the man having his hand half way in his pocket!!!!! big fucking deal :S but then we get the argument trotted out again of "he could have been going for a gun" are you all THAT paranoid and live in a fucked up gun culture that you're constantly thinking anybody could have a gun in any situation, so best shoot them first just in case?

some petty burglar breaks in to a house...."best kill him, just in case"

somebody argues with me and gets a little agresive..... "best kill them, just in case"

there are some Americans on here who come across as paranoid gun toting freaks.... surely you're not living in as much fear as you portary are you? do pigs in america expect every person they come across to be potential killers and will shoot them for even the slightest hand movement or for not instantly doing everything they say? it certainly comes across that way !!!!

only in America :S

Wow,
That's some great logic, we do live in a gun culture to a certain extent, hence the what you call paranoia I call surviving.
It is sad to a certain extent, but like you said only in America. Didn't you say earlier "kill all the pigs" or something? See why I may be a little cautious.....[:/]

Now go ahead and insult me, I just could'nt resist replying, even to a troll.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

While most of your post was tripe, I very much agree with the sentiment above. The burglar has already shown that he will break the law when he entered your house illegally. How do you know his intent is to just stop at taking stuff? At that point, having already violated my property, he does not get the benefit of the doubt from me as I ponder where his stopping point is. In any case, is the life of some burglarizing scum more valuable to me than the lives of my family or myself? (Hint: No.)
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

If a petty burglar breaks in he gets drawn on because you don't know whether he intended more (like rape) or whether he'll decide to assault some one now that he knows the home is occupied. When he stops in his tracks or turns and runs (with or without loot) as the case usually is that's the end of it.

If he continues to advance in spite of having a lethal weapon pointed at him he obviously poses a threat and gets shot until that threat is neutralized.

The person who got shot unambiguously chose to commit crimes and pose a threat to innocent people.

The innocent people didn't chose to be victims and shouldn't risk even a knock on the head which could render them unable to work.

somebody argues with me and gets a little agresive..... "best kill them, just in case"

The standard for applying deadly force is significantly greater in public because of the initial ambiguity in the other person's intent.

If retreat is possible you leave. If a lesser degree of force is sufficient to stop the aggression you use it. Otherwise once you are in imminent danger of being killed or receiving great bodily injury you draw and fire until the threat is neutralized.

there are some Americans on here who come across as paranoid gun toting freaks.... surely you're not living in as much fear as you portary are you?

Nope. We just think that the rights of innocent people are more important than those of people who chose to attack them.

do pigs in america expect every person they come across to be potential killers and will shoot them for even the slightest hand movement or for not instantly doing everything they say?

Police are paid to accept higher risks than ordinary citizens and take the job knowing that they must apply an escalation of force in which they can't go more than one level above the criminal.

A few go beyond that and do questionable things.

EXACTLY!
Except, umm,.. it didn't happen in the US; It was in Vancouver.

Maybe he meant North America.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hi Flacid,

surely you're not living in as much fear as you portary are you?

This past weekend here (Portland, OR) we had a 22 yr-old man killed in his own home. The police 'think' (the dead guy doesn't seem to have a verifiable story to tell) he came upon a burglar and the bad guy dropped him.

Yes, America does think it lives in fear (IMO),

JerryBaumchen

so what would you do when confronted with a person who just entered your apartment/flat/house? ask if he wanted tea and a cookie?

would you politely ask him to leave? do you really think he would?

are you rambo? gonna whup him unarmed? what if he is bigger/stronger or armed himself and/or drugged out of his mind.

do you think if when you ask politely that his reaching in his pocket would be to get out his wallet to pay for the damages he caused while breaking in?

you have a great victim mentality.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Well, thinking logically.....you just have to assume certain things, like...

1. The one entering your home, knows it's a crime to do so.
2. People who commit crimes, generally don't do it with the intent of getting caught.
3. How do most criminals get caught and/or convicted? Witnesses.
4. How do you prevent having any witnesses? Kill 'em!

Therefore, I'd havta' say that from the moment someone unlawfully enters your home, their primary intent is to kill you and everyone else there. I betcha' Spock would agree! :|

"T'was ever thus."

why do many Americans on here always come back with the defence of "but he could have killed me/him/her" best to shoot them :S

i was reading the other topic about the pig tazzering somebody to death, and a copper in that topic said about the man having his hand half way in his pocket!!!!! big fucking deal :S but then we get the argument trotted out again of "he could have been going for a gun" are you all THAT paranoid and live in a fucked up gun culture that you're constantly thinking anybody could have a gun in any situation, so best shoot them first just in case?

there are some Americans on here who come across as paranoid gun toting freaks.... surely you're not living in as much fear as you portary are you? do pigs in america expect every person they come across to be potential killers and will shoot them for even the slightest hand movement or for not instantly doing everything they say? it certainly comes across that way !!!!

I'll say it again. This is what cops are taught in the police acadamies any more. And if you break in my house YOU ARE GOING TO GET SHOT. Multiple times. I don't look for trouble but if I'm in fear for my life I will shoot you. I worked to hard to make it to 50 years old and I'm not gonna give up my life easy.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

i was reading the other topic about the pig tazzering somebody to death, and a copper in that topic said about the man having his hand half way in his pocket!!!!! big fucking deal :S

You think it's crazy for a cop in the act of a traffic stop being worried about a driver who has his hand concealed in his pocket? They have past dead to remind them of the risks of that.

Cop busts you in a speed trap - sure it sucks, but to make it easy for both sides, you pull over in a safe shoulder, take your keys out of the ignition, and keep your hands in view. Be polite, admit nothing, and sign the NTA.

I've never had a legitimate defense - yes - I'm going 80, so I usually do the traffic school routine.