akarunway

Young Republicans

Good find....

DRAFT COLLEGE REPUBLICANS....

What a bunch of PUSSIES..

I wonder if any of them had a boil on their asses that prevent them from serving but will be radio talk show hosts later in life.. and act out on that whole gay thing.

Something about service to country.... some understand.. some dont.

Easy for you to say, now that you're out. I'll take the volunteers I can get, shortage or not. You can have your draftees.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Why in the world would you want a draft?

Personally I don't want one, BUT, I'd bet my bottom dollar all those PUSSIES wouldn't sign the paperwork. They'd run to mommy and daddy. Help me mommy. Sad. That said I do believe that a draft may be coming in the near future. When all the kids in now wake up and smell the coffee.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Personally I don't want one, BUT, I'd bet my bottom dollar all those PUSSIES wouldn't sign the paperwork. They'd run to mommy and daddy. Help me mommy. Sad. That said I do believe that a draft may be coming in the near future. When all the kids in now wake up and smell the coffee.

Here is proof that you do not know the demographics of those signing up.

:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You know nothing about what I know. I signed up. Many moons ago.

Not the point now is it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Some of us did.. a whole bunch dont.. but they LOVE war yet they would NEVER actually put their asses where their big fat mouths are.... I wonder if they would love it so much had THEY actually ever served anything but themselves.

Some of us did.. a whole bunch dont.. but they LOVE war yet they would NEVER actually put their asses where their big fat mouths are.... I wonder if they would love it so much had THEY actually ever served anything but themselves.

So let's draft 'em! That way those of us who have to lead them will be forced to deal with their uselessness. Thanks for your support. :(
-Calvin

Use them like they used to.....for all the things that are costing us far more with the "contracts"...no not everyone is capable of being a front line warrior. but there are plenty of things that some of those gutless warriors might be usefull for.

Use them like they used to.....for all the things that are costing us far more with the "contracts"...no not everyone is capable of being a front line warrior. but there are plenty of things that some of those gutless warriors might be usefull for.

Well, they could have shined my shoes if the Army hadn't switched to suede and patent leather, heh. Seriously, deep down, even the most unmotivated and scurvy grunts in today's military know they are there by choice. Take that away, and you've got an unmotivated and scurvy grunt who considers himself (and not without reason) a slave and a victim. I shudder to think of working with that type.
-Calvin

Take that away, and you've got an unmotivated and scurvy grunt who considers himself (and not without reason) a slave and a victim. I shudder to think of working with that type.

...or you would have an army of people with lots of life experience and knowledge, but not quite as trigger happy as the ones that would sign up by them selves.

You could argue that it's a deprivation of ones freedoms to be forced into the military but the argument that the army itself will be worse is just not true.

Would you call the Israeli army unmotivated and dysfunctional?

Take that away, and you've got an unmotivated and scurvy grunt who considers himself (and not without reason) a slave and a victim. I shudder to think of working with that type.

...or you would have an army of people with lots of life experience and knowledge, but not quite as trigger happy as the ones that would sign up by them selves.

You could argue that it's a deprivation of ones freedoms to be forced into the military but the argument that the army itself will be worse is just not true.

Would you call the Israeli army unmotivated and dysfunctional?

That's an entirely different culture - our most recent experience with draftees (Vietnam) makes Lefty's outcome much more likely.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Israel's army is hardly dysfunctional nor is it unmotivated, but the comparison you offer isn't valid because Israeli culture is far, far different from U.S. culture.

I was in Iraq two days ago and have no desire to see the all-volunteer force come to an end. Lefty is absolutely correct.

There are many reasons people joined the armed forces or don't. I respect the choices of the individual person in that regard and don't believe military service necessarily gives one person's opinion on politics more weight than the opinion of someone who has not served. On some points - perhaps, but as a general rule, absolutely not.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

That said I do believe that a draft may be coming in the near future.

Yea, when Hillary becomes the boss and all of the volunteers head for the hills.

Point of clarification: you didn't mean to imply that the primary motivation or factor for service in the military is partisan politics?

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

What can you say about YR's? They have the lack of maturity you'd expect, combined with being brainwashed into finding twisted rationale to justify all of our nation's past bad behaviors. Even worse, the thoroughly indoctrinated ones have no problem continuing with the same old shit.

It is such a shortsighted vision, with it's foolishness easily revealed in the context of history. Less than a century of being King of the Hill, and these doey-eyed youngsters think it is a given that it can be sustained forever if you just keep bringing enough force to bear.

I suppose these kids think we should just knock over all the "bad" governments of the world that don't like the game we dictate, install Shah-of Iran type puppets everywehere - and the world will be all fixed.

Fucking idiots can't see that those behaviors are what got us here to begin with.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

To make one thing clear, I live in a country where I have had to go through military training. Fortunately, the last time my country was at war was over 200 years ago. So, I have some insight into what it means to serve even though I've never been in combat and probably never will have to either.

I do understand the difference between the US and Israel, but I still think that a part of the problem that US-forces have in Iraq is that there is too many trigger happy GIs there. Looking at some videos on the internet it seems as if there is quite a few soldiers who enlisted only to blow things and people up.

So let's draft 'em! That way those of us who have to lead them will be forced to deal with their uselessness. Thanks for your support. :(
Let's see. Ya think maybe if mandatory service was required, say for two yrs., that boot camp and some disipline (that your not allowed to give at home anymore) maybe could help these useless people that this country (big corps. and fuckin TV) have produced?

Let's see. Ya think maybe if mandatory service was required, say for two yrs., that boot camp and some disipline (that your not allowed to give at home anymore) maybe could help these useless people that this country (big corps. and fuckin TV) have produced?

Hell no. The military is not, and should not be, a social experiment. It should win wars, plain and simple. Yes, it does provide guidance for a lot of misguided folks out there, but with the stipulation that they have to be willing to accept that help by voluntarily signing up. By your rationale, we'd be forcing these people to do something they don't want to do merely because we think it would be good for them. That doesn't fly with me one bit.
-Calvin