peckerhead

Pat Robertson endorses Guliani

So the guy that claims we deserved to be attacked on 911 because of abortion and gays is now endorsing a pro-choice gay rights candidate?

This makes no sense on so many levels....

First of all why would Robertson endorse him and second why would Guliani want such an endorsement?

It seems like a lose- lose situation for both. What little respect I had for Rudy is now gone.

So the guy that claims we deserved to be attacked on 911 because of abortion and gays is now endorsing a pro-choice gay rights candidate?

First of all why would Robertson endorse him and second why would Guliani want such an endorsement?

It seems like a lose- lose situation for both. What little respect I had for Rudy is now gone.

THIS> http://wcbstv.com/breakingnewsalerts/BREAKING.bernard.kerik.2.563682.html should take care of some more of it. "Reports surfaced earlier this week that Giuliani knew more about Kerik's relationship with Interstate Industrial Corporation than he's let on. He's responded by defending Kerik but apologizing at the same time."
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

That's one endorsement I would not want. As a side-topic, I wonder if endorsements by unsavory characters is a campaign strategy by a candidate's opponents. Like, if I were to run for president and get endorsed by Hillary Clinton or the American neo-nazis. Sure would ruin my image.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

So Rudy now wins potentially 2% of the voting public and it only costs him about 71% will now find any reason to vote against him.

what a great deal

much like getting GWB's endorsement, or Al Gore's

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Classic case of a match made in hell, as described in Eric Hoffer's "The True Believer":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hoffer

A power-hungry political leader, and a religious nut-case form a symbiotic relationship. The politician needs the religious leader to lend him an aura of respectability and convince the masses that his leadership is endorsed by a deity. The religious leader needs the politician to give him the power to force his religion on the masses.

Although in this case, Robertson has made such a clown of himself so many times in the past, that I wonder how many people can still take him seriously.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Pat Robertson is a joke - I only wish more people in this country could see that, but oh well...

Anyway, all this says to me is that they (Republican-Right) are absolutely terrified of one of these Dems being elected, and they would take what they justify in their minds "the lesser of two evils.".

If the Right-Wing doesn't lighten up on some of their ridiculous Victorian principles in government, they will bear the responsibility of the electoral backlash against them once again.
Roll Tide Roll

Looks to me, it's slim pickens as far as candidates are concerned.[:/]

Chuck

Sorry, but he died in 1983. Do you have a second choice?:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I don't think it's a lose-lose at all. Pat Robertson is one of many people with a large following looking up to them as a leader that render endorsements of candidates. Some are far more despicable - bigots Farrakhan, $harpton, and Je$$e Jack$on for example.

Giuliani's moderate abortion views and sensible gay-rights views make him a hard sell to the religious conservatives. This endorsement might help mitigate that a bit. It also shows the extremely religious conservatives can work with a candidate who holds views with which they disagree.

The election is up for grabs, I do believe.
:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Some are far more despicable - bigots Farrakhan, $harpton, and Je$$e Jack$on for example.

Vinnie Vinnie Vinnie..... I am so sad for you that you can only pick out the BLACK religious leaders.. I thought you were from the NEW SOUTH....

Almost every one of the "religious" leaders of this country is a bigot... I wish you see that and respond accordingly.[:/]

I could care less what color they are - if you do, then that's your issue. Pat Robertson is a religious leader, so bigots Farakhan, Jack$on, and $harpton, all religious leaders from the opposite side of the political aisle, seem the most appropriate people for comparison. Do you deny that all three are bigots? If so, why?

If you think all religious leaders are bigots, it's your opinion and you're most welcome to it.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I think you should get your facts straight. A quick perusal of the thread would reveal to you that I never mentioned anyone's color. YOU did. Face that fact whenever you like - or face it not. A fact it remains.

Why you would notice the color of anyone is your concern.

I do despise Farrakhan, $harpton, and Jack$on for myriad reasons - their color is not among them. Their actions and positions they support as well as the methods they use to support them, in contrast, ARE among them.

One such method they use is to attack anyone who disagrees with them by insinuating that person is a racist. There are those who back down from such attacks - I'm not among them.

Now, for a third time I believe - are you denying those three scumbags are bigots?

:S:S

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Kudos to TheAnvil for using "myriad" correctly. I get so aggravated with so-called journalists who put into print "...a myriad of..."

A Birmingham News writer dislikes me for pointing this out to her after I just couldn't take it anymore.
Roll Tide Roll