rushmc

DAM STRAIGHT!!!!!

The law still matters in a civil case. If the judge allowed/disallowed testimony in error or failed to properly instruct the jury as to the pertinent law the judgment can be overturned.

I don't disagree with that. However, your concern seemed to be about setting a precedent and I don't believe that precedent is a factor in civil cases as it is in criminal. I'd like to hear a lawyer's take on this..

The wackos get what they deserve. Who gives a shit if they go broke. I sure as hell don't.Nor do I but I like to consider longer term effects that may screw other thing up They should have thought of that before hand. I do not think they have the mental capacity to do thatNow being a former Marine thank you for your service, I guess I have strong feelings for a Marine brother who died in service of his country and to have his dignity taken away by these nut bars. I totally agreeIf I were the family... I would make sure that group got its just desserts in other ways!remind me not to piss you off Stupid people think that their way is the right way and God's way. Well I guess God didn't see it that way, since they didn't get any help from him in the decision. I would think it is only a matter of time before this group pisses off the wrong people. I will be glad to hear it if/when it does happen.
Why aren't they protesting the Govt? That Marine doesn't decide when and where or whom to fight. Talk about mental morons!! >:(
Thanks for letting my vent... Feel much better now:)

Glad to help:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I have not thought much about the free speach freedom to assemble topics here but at first look.........YA!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307058,00.html

That is the most horrible thing I have ever heard of. A church protesting random military deaths about gays! I cannot believe they could do something like that. Who are they to judge?

Unbelieveable[:/]
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

I have not thought much about the free speach freedom to assemble topics here but at first look.........YA!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307058,00.html

That is the most horrible thing I have ever heard of. A church protesting random military deaths about gays! I cannot believe they could do something like that. Who are they to judge?

Unbelieveable[:/]

Sickening and arrogant isn't it.>:(
Abraham Lincoln

Unfortunately, I've the sinking feeling that It'll get overturned. Sounds like a case of the jury deciding against the manifest weight of the evidence...
Ostriches and rheas are the only birds that urinate and defecate separately. They read Parachutist while doing #2.

As an American Airman this makes me sick. What I dont understand, however, is why you never hear of these people "demonstrating" at other higher profile military events. Ive been in countless parades, volunteer oportunities, and various other "high profile" events. I havent been to one (thank God) military funeral. Just a thought but they look pretty much like media-whore cowards if you ask me.

Just my 2 pennies.

P.S. Thanks to all that serve!;)

Muff #5048

by the thread title, i thought i'd be reading that someone is mad that they keep building structures diagonally across rivers to hold back water.

:D:D:D

Sorry, just a slang expression from where I grew up.

Interesting take however:D
Abraham Lincoln

I just think back to when they did the same thing at Matthew Shepard's funeral, and so many people were like "...well, he was a fag..."

I remember that too. People didn't mind back then. It's sad that it had to escalate to this for people to start taking some action against the WBC.

I remember that too. People didn't mind back then. It's sad that it had to escalate to this for people to start taking some action against the WBC.

People minded. I minded. That is a terrible thing to do to a parent who has lost a child.

The only reason it gets more attention now (and it DID get lots of attention back then too) is because when they did it to Matthew Shepard's family, they were relatively unknown. Now they've been in everyone's face for years.
Oh, hello again!

Does anyone remember from Poltergeist 2 or 3, the crazy preacher who walked up and down the street (he was a ghost) singing "God Is In His Holy Temple?" He's the one who roamed the earth because he sealed his entire congregation into a slow miserable death in the cave back in Westward-settler days, under where the community was built now, and that's where the haunting and curse originated?

Sometimes life does imitate art.
Roll Tide Roll