windcatcher

Terror to come in U.S. public schools?

I was just curious as to how many of you have heard about the "impending" terrorist plan to take over schools here in the U.S. and kill 2 million children? It seems the media doesn't really want to talk about it, and that's why I'd like to know how many have heard about it?

I would like to find out more about this and what we can do to insure the safety of our children in school. God I hope this never happens...[:/]

edited to add: I have searched the most recent pages of threads for a similiar topic but didn't find one.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Don't know details but I have heard that there have been plans discovered where terrorists discussed taking hostasges at school or the one that is really scary is a school bus. How easy would it be for a group of armed men to hope on a bus and overpower the driver and drive that bus wherever, like an empty warehouse. It is a scary thought. Schools and buses are prime targets. What can be done? Good question. It would be nice to have armed officers at every school IMO. And my kids don't ride the bus.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

It would be nice to have armed officers at every school IMO.

Whatever it takes to get them to do their homework.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It would be nice to have armed officers at every school IMO.

Whatever it takes to get them to do their homework.

Have you tried simulated drowning ... usually gets them to do their homework.

PS: Do you really want to live in a world where there are armed officers at every school?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

What is wrong with security at schools? I can't see anything wrong with that. Being prepared is a good thing. Im not talking about a guy in full swat uniform. Just a regular officer.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

What is wrong with security at schools? I can't see anything wrong with that. Being prepared is a good thing. Im not talking about a guy in full swat uniform. Just a regular officer.

with a couple tazers on him - doing his job - protecting tundra

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Do you believe that a single "regular" officer could prevent an attack by a terrorist or terrorists? (Talk about a false sense of security ... :S)

I would like to find out more about this and what we can do to insure the safety of our children in school.

Form a group of friends called the Wolverines to camp out in the woods and mount attacks against the invading forces.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

The sad reality is that this is a real possiblity and it would'nt be hard to do. Just look as Beslan Russia. We are alot better trained and equipped to deal with it though. Most local SWAT teams train on bus assaults, we trained hard on them when I was on the team ten years ago.
However, the initial stages of such attacks would be devastating.

I guess it goes back to the free society thing, we have LOTS of juicy targets just because of our lifestyle. All we can do is try to mitigate the risk. State and national homeland security departments have been doing discreet threat assessments and if you look carefully, you can see subtle changes in numerous public places.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

I was just curious as to how many of you have heard about the "impending" terrorist plan to take over schools here in the U.S. and kill 2 million children? It seems the media doesn't really want to talk about it, and that's why I'd like to know how many have heard about it?

Sounds like the Rapture. All the kids not doing their homework get left behind.

There is no network of bad guys capable of taking over tens of thousands of schools so they can kill millions of kids. If that's their goal, they'd be better off as Disneyland (though mickey mouse doesn't fuck around when it comes to security) or the beach on a hot day.

> What is wrong with security at schools?

There are around 105,000 public schools in the US. Assume two officers to assure at least one is there at any given time. That's about 21 billion dollars a year. You willing to pay for that? I'm thinking perhaps border protection or 100% container inspection is a bit more important than having two cops at the corner schoolhouse.

Do you believe that a single "regular" officer could prevent an attack by a terrorist or terrorists? (Talk about a false sense of security ... :S)

It is better than what we have now. Just an idea though. Unlike some I do not have all the answers.

If you've heard about it, I daresay the authorities have too.

It is better than what we have now. Just an idea though. Unlike some I do not have all the answers.

How is it better than what we have now at stopping a terrorist attack?

There is no network of bad guys capable of taking over tens of thousands of schools so they can kill millions of kids. If that's their goal, they'd be better off as Disneyland (though mickey mouse doesn't fuck around when it comes to security) or the beach on a hot day.

So the words "Muslim extremists" mean nothing to you? :S:S:S
And I don't think this is something to be joking about. B|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

So the words "Muslim extremists" mean nothing to you? :S:S:S
And I don't think this is something to be joking about. B|

Priceless.

Follow along, now: he didn't say there are no networks of bad guys.
He said "there is no network of bad guys capable of taking over tens of thousands of schools so they can kill millions of kids."

And you're right: if a conspiracy theory is scary to you, nobody else should joke about it.

yea we've got LOTS of money to spend on another poorly trained LEO at every school...:S

nice idea in theory.. in practice you will do little to nothing to increase security...but you will increase paranoia alot..

the "impending" terrorist plan to take over schools here in the U.S. and kill 2 million children

Seems a little ambitious given some of their recent spectacular failures. It looks like all the clever ones have blown themselves up already. Lets just try not to inspire too many more to have a go.

the "impending" terrorist plan to take over schools here in the U.S. and kill 2 million children

Seems a little ambitious given some of their recent spectacular failures. It looks like all the clever ones have blown themselves up already. Lets just try not to inspire too many more to have a go.

I tend to agree with this. We have two armed cops in our school every day. Both are packing 45's on their hip.

This is a violent town with the potential of something really bad happening. We've had several bomb threats already this year. Swarms of cops are usually there within seconds.

I really doubt if terrorists are going to be able to pull off killing two million kids, just like that. Possibly they could terrorize a couple, maybe a few schools...but two million kids??? I don't think so....Steve1

Yes, you can see a scan of one of the 9 "Jihad-Boom" postcards sent to Ocala, Florida area schools last week at the open source: http://www.nationalterroralert.com/updates/2007/09/17/school-terror-threat-jihad-boom-postcards-with-threatening-cartoon-sent-to-nine-schools/

Reportedly, "jihad" was misspelled one one of the 9 postcards.

More indicative of home-growns than Big AQ.

VR/
Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Link to anything substantive on this subject please?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Link to anything substantive on this subject please?

Here you go.

To follow up....

This information is coming to authorities the same way the 9/11 informaion was getting to them prior to the attacks.

Anyone think it should be ignored or called fiction?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln