rushmc

God, the Founding Fathers and the Construction of the Constitution of the US

AIDS...acquired immune deficiency syndrome. It is something you acquire. Your examples do not correlate. If you are sexually active and have multiple partners or IV drug use you risk getting aids. Simple as that. It is, for the most part, a lifestyle disease. If you practice safe sex then your chances of getting aids are slim. Aids was not around 50 years ago. Why is that? Because sleeping around was not as common as it is today.

People sleeping around did not cause SIV to become HIV.

And again, why bring it up in this thread? Do you think casual sex/ homosexual sex should be something for the government to regulate? If not, can you give me an actual example of where you think overzealous seperation of church and state is causing a decline in morality?

Can anyone give me an actual example?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Aids was not around 50 years ago. Why is that? Because sleeping around was not as common as it is today.

Syphilis goes back to ancient times; "sleeping around" was neither invented nor perfected by the 20th Century.

H5NI (the most recent avian influenza virus), Ebola, Marburg, Nipah were not around 50 years ago either. Drug resistant strains of multiple pathogens, e.g., TB, MRSA, were not around 50 years ago. New infectious diseases are emerging at about a rate of 1 per year since 1970 (source: WHO).

The epidemiological origin of -- that is what was original animal host of the pathogen and what caused it to jump the species boundary -- has nothing to do with who sleeps with who. If you want to assign a "lifestyle" to the origin of AIDS its much more likely (1) mining (in caves) or (2) eating meat (primates specifically) &/or (3) expansion of humans into areas which we had previously not been.

There are feline (FIV) and primate (SIV) versions of HIV; are those "lifestyle" diseases as well?

If you want to assign a "lifestyle" factor to the spread (not origin) of AIDS, international air travel is a better one.

If your profile is correct, we are geographically less than 30 miles apart but separated by worlds.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

If your profile is correct, we are geographically less than 30 miles apart but separated by worlds.

Are you saying Diversity is a bad thing? Im sure you have people in your neighborhood that disagree with you as well.

The point I was trying to make was simple: If you are sexually active or use IV drugs you have a greater chance of getting Aids. Is that not true? Answer the question. Nothing more.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Are you saying Diversity is a bad thing? Im sure you have people in your neighborhood that disagree with you as well.

I was trying to gently and pedagogically convey that more knowledge is a good thing.

You may chose what you want to believe is "bad."

/Marg

Original assertion:

My point is that morals in America have been in decline and continue to decline. I don't know where the blame lies. Breakdown of traditional family values. Example-the Aids epidemic. This is a lifestyle disease with the exception of blood transfusion or where a mother gives it to a newborn child.

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Dang ... sad ... another virus, polio, re-emerged from Northern Nigeria in 2003 spreading to more than a dozen countries and halfway around the world because strongly "religious" folks were opposed to the vaccine on "moral grounds." One of false reasons was that it was perceived to spread AIDS.

And lets not forget the tireless efforts of the Vatican to prevent condom use in the worst AIDS hit countries in the world.

Ah, let us not forget that the disease can be avoided by one keeping thier knees together or thier dick in thier pants:o
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The fathers knew more than anybody.

This country was to be a NON-COMPOSITE society....Period. Seperate of Church and state.

They understood.....

The Bible prescribed it....the fathers lived it out....

Man is to Blame .....not GOD. We fugged it up....take responsibility....Repent
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Dang ... sad ... another virus, polio, re-emerged from Northern Nigeria in 2003 spreading to more than a dozen countries and halfway around the world because strongly "religious" folks were opposed to the vaccine on "moral grounds." One of false reasons was that it was perceived to spread AIDS.

And lets not forget the tireless efforts of the Vatican to prevent condom use in the worst AIDS hit countries in the world.

Ah, let us not forget that the disease can be avoided by one keeping thier knees together or thier dick in thier pants:o

I know someone that got AIDS from blood transfusion during surgery. Kindly explain how he could have avoided it by using your methods.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I know someone that got AIDS from blood transfusion during surgery. Kindly explain how he could have avoided it by using your methods.

How about women that are raped or cheating spouses. I'm sure the methods that are mentioned would work great in these instances.

I do too and the point is still valid
Abraham Lincoln

Au contraire, it is a counterexample and it completely invalidates your point.

Au contraire, it is a counterexample and it completely invalidates your point.

You know the point. I can not help it that you CHOOSE to ingnore it cause it suits you:S
Abraham Lincoln

What's painful is knowing how many people there are that think just like you.

I know we all cant be as fucking smart as you think you are.
Abraham Lincoln

Needle exchange programs would help a lot, too. Look at the AIDS rate in Australia vs. the US.

You should know that you can't engineer a process around perfect people; you have to take people as they are, not as you would like them to be. That's why you have to mistake-proof processes, and why simply saying "education" isn't a satisfactory solution to most L6S projects.

Wendy W,
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Needle exchange programs would help a lot, too. Look at the AIDS rate in Australia vs. the US.

You should know that you can't engineer a process around perfect people; you have to take people as they are, not as you would like them to be. That's why you have to mistake-proof processes, and why simply saying "education" isn't a satisfactory solution to most L6S projects.

Wendy W,

I completly understand your point but, the flaw in it is one that takes away responcibilty for ones actions. Even the inocent one that gets aids from a transfusion (which by the way happens rarley anymore) gets aids because of the actions of another.

My point to kallend was not as heartless as he would like it to be viewed
Abraham Lincoln

Are you saying that condom use would have prevented their getting infected?

I take it you are actually addressing Rush.

I take it you are actually addressing Rush.

Nah, I was just wondering what AIDS via blood transfusions has to do with it being sexually transmitted.

I'm guessing - Nothing at all!!! ;)

>>1. We were not founded as a Christian nation. End of story.

>Yes we was, sorry

No we wasn't. For reference I would recommend "The Founding Fathers and the Place of Religion in America" by Frank Lambert. It is an excellent overview of what the founding fathers intended to put in the constitution when it comes to religious freedom. Keep in mind that many americans initially came to america to ESCAPE christian rule; it's quite clear that they desired a 'free market' of religion, where people could choose any religion they chose. Since just about everyone in the US was christian at the time, they spoke in that 'language' when it came to writing documents, which is why the term God is seen in a lot of places.

>>1. We were not founded as a Christian nation. End of story.

>Yes we was, sorry

No we wasn't. For reference I would recommend "The Founding Fathers and the Place of Religion in America" by Frank Lambert. It is an excellent overview of what the founding fathers intended to put in the constitution when it comes to religious freedom.

Excellent.... and popular, too.

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #527,310 in Books