ryoder

TX to execute man they know wasn't the killer

Way out there on the irony scale.

And yes, I got your point. I just thought it was funny that you (try to) completely invalidate his point and then offer up an an equally (ir)relevant one of your own.

Translation:
Your flawed points - BAD
My flawed points - GOOD

Do you ever actually pause to comprehend the things you read?

The comparison between UK and US murder rates was to illustrate the point that execution rates cannot be assumed to have the direct causal link to murder rates that he seems to assume from his numbers. Since the UK has no executions and a much lower murder rate than the US it is obvious that many more factors are involved, if it was as simplistic as his post suggests the UK should have a higher murder rate than the US.

If you think I was trying to say that the UK has a low murder rate because it has no CP then you're an idiot.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Way out there on the irony scale.

And yes, I got your point. I just thought it was funny that you (try to) completely invalidate his point and then offer up an an equally (ir)relevant one of your own.

Translation:
Your flawed points - BAD
My flawed points - GOOD

Do you ever actually pause to comprehend the things you read?

The comparison between UK and US murder rates was to illustrate the point that execution rates cannot be assumed to have the direct causal link to murder rates that he seems to assume from his numbers. Since the UK has no executions and a much lower murder rate than the US it is obvious that many more factors are involved, if it was as simplistic as his post suggests the UK should have a higher murder rate than the US.

If you think I was trying to say that the UK has a low murder rate because it has no CP then you're an idiot.

Translation:
Your flawed points - BAD
My flawed points - GOOD

:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you think I think you were was trying to say that the UK has a low murder rate because it has no CP then you're an idiot.

Hey - this is fun. B|

If you think I think you were was trying to say that the UK has a low murder rate because it has no CP then you're an idiot.

Just checking.

What exactly is flawed about my point?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You can compare two differrent places but that wont tell you much. Some states without CP have murder rates lower states that do. This comparison uses different control groups...just like comparing the UK to the US. Now if you look at the same place...with and without CP...it is something to consider. Of course there are other variables.

If 9 out of 10 child molesters were molested as a child, it doesn't necessarily mean that being molested turns you into a child molester. It IS something to consider though... and say hey maybe there's something to that.

I'm not for or against the death penalty, I'm just looking at the only data out there.

Woohoo. I'm glad I signed the petition -- just got an email stating that Gov. Rick Perry has granted clemency to Kenneth Foster.

HUNTSVILLE - Gov. Rick Perry accepted a recommendation from the state parole board and said today he would spare condemned prisoner Kenneth Foster from execution and commute his sentence to life.

Foster had been scheduled to die tonight.

"After carefully considering the facts of this case, along with the recommendation from the Board of Pardons and Paroles, I believe the right and just decision is to commute Foster's sentence from the death penalty to life imprisonment," Perry said in a statement.

"I am concerned about Texas law that allowed capital murder defendants to be tried simultaneously and it is an issue I think the Legislature should examine."

The seven-member parole board had voted 6-1 to recommend the commutation.

Perry did not have to accept the highly unusual recommendation from the board whose members he appoints.

Foster was the getaway driver and not the actual shooter in the slaying of a 25-year-old man in San Antonio 11 years ago.

Foster acknowledged he and his friends were up to no good as he drove them around San Antonio in a rental car and robbed at least four people 11 years ago before the slaying of Michael LaHood Jr.

"It was wrong," Foster, 30, said recently from death row. "I don't want to downplay that. I was wrong for that. I was too much of a follower. I'm straight up about that."

Another execution, the first of five scheduled for September in Texas, is set for next week when South Carolina native Tony Roach faces injection Wednesday for the strangling of an Amarillo woman, Ronnie Dawn Hewitt, 37, during a burglary of her apartment nine years ago.

Glad to hear this fellow is going to live.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Still sounds like a scumbag to me.

There was never any question about that.

Oh, I agree. And even though I support the death penalty in principle, I believe that this is the appropriate decision.

I believe that the death penalty should be reserved for the worst of the worst - and this guy is a scumbag, but not the worst of the worst.

My wife is hotter than your wife.