Liberal Hypocrites Attack Fox Advertisers

No it is not. Saying something in his program, which he is entitled to, does not equal to: lets mob the place and place calls lobby that these other people were doing. Yes Moveon.org are entitled to post things in their website, but why entice economic boycott? just because they differ in ideas?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

on August 27th, during the "Talking Points" portion of his TV show, O'Reilly described Ludacris as "a man who is demeaning just about everybody, and is peddling antisocial behavior." O'Reilly then blasted Pepsi for using Ludacris as a commercial pitchman: "I'm calling for all responsible Americans to fight back and punish Pepsi for using a man who degrades women, who encourages substance abuse, and does all the things that hurt particularly the poor in our society." A day later, Pepsi announced that it was discontinuing its ad campaign with Ludacris.

I'd say O'Reilly was pretty skeezy on this one.

And since when saying something, in the media, by some opinion program equals to the lengths of activism and intolerance that moveon.org displayed?

I did not see Bill O. setting up funds, and people to call on pepsi customers, or boycott that Pepsi ad.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

No it is not. Saying something in his program, which he is entitled to, does not equal to: lets mob the place and place calls lobby that these other people were doing. Yes Moveon.org are entitled to post things in their website, but why entice economic boycott? just because they differ in ideas?

Each was intended to financially hurt someone they disagree with. Everyone has a perfect right to do this - whether thay have their own talk show or not.

Are you suggesting that since Bill O is a commentator/host, he has a right to boycott groups and attempt to influence economic decisions, but other groups or organizations do not?

Sounds a little screwy to me.......

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

hmm, so he can not say anything he disagrees with? And I thought you are for, and not against freedom of speech.

Oh well, those damn forefathers got it all wrong.

And since when saying something, in the media, by some opinion program equals to the lengths of activism and intolerance that moveon.org displayed?

I did not see Bill O. setting up funds, and people to call on pepsi customers, or boycott that Pepsi ad.

He initiated a boycott. With his following, he doesn't need to go to the lengths of moveon.org. He can take full advantage of his prime time air slot.

Look - I can't stand moveon.org... and I think O'Reilly brings some good issues to the forefront, but he is frequently an intolerant bully, who exploits his position.

Yeah - his actions were low brow and no better than moveon.org.'s.

hmm, so he can not say anything he disagrees with? And I thought you are for, and not against freedom of speech.

Oh well, those damn forefathers got it all wrong.

?????

Bill O can say what he wants to, but moveone.org and the others have the same rights. That's what I said.

Fox news does not have any right to financial support from advertizers.

Whoa there, Chief! Fox News most certainly DOES have the right to financial support from advertisers. That is how they make a profit...by selling advertising time slots.

Rubbish. Advertizers are not obliged to give their custom to Fox, any more than my university is obliged to hire me. If advertizers wish to deny their custom to Fox, that is their absolute right. Fox has a right to solicit business from advertizers, not to have business from advertizers.

They have that right the same as you have the right to sell your services to a college or university, or a magazine/newspaper to sell advertising space. The right to sell a product or service is the very foundation of capitalism. These advertisers also have the right to not buy said time slots from Fox.

The part in bold is correct. Fox has no right to the business, just like I said in the first place.

Of course nobody is obliged to financially support Fox News. That was never asserted, so why even mention it?
I have the right to free speech, yet nobody is obligated to provide a venue for me to speak. I have the right to keep and bear arms, yet nobody is obligated to provide me with a weapon. You have the right to seek employment and exchange your teaching services for financial support, but there isn't a single university or college that is obligated to hire you.
To say Fox News doesn't have the right to be financially supported by it's advertisers is ridiculous, to say the least. How do you suggest they stay in business?

Whoa there, Chief! Fox News most certainly DOES have the right to financial support from advertisers. That is how they make a profit...by selling advertising time slots.

Rubbish. Advertizers are not obliged to give their custom to Fox, any more than my university is obliged to hire me. If advertizers wish to deny their custom to Fox, that is their absolute right. Fox has a right to solicit business from advertizers, not to have business from advertizers.

They have that right the same as you have the right to sell your services to a college or university, or a magazine/newspaper to sell advertising space. The right to sell a product or service is the very foundation of capitalism. These advertisers also have the right to not buy said time slots from Fox.

The part in bold is correct. Fox has no right to the business, just like I said in the first place.

Of course nobody is obliged to financially support Fox News. That was never asserted, so why even mention it?
I have the right to free speech, yet nobody is obligated to provide a venue for me to speak. I have the right to keep and bear arms, yet nobody is obligated to provide me with a weapon. You have the right to seek employment and exchange your teaching services for financial support, but there isn't a single university or college that is obligated to hire you.
To say Fox News doesn't have the right to be financially supported by it's advertisers is ridiculous, to say the least. How do you suggest they stay in business?

I already explained that. Fox has a right to solicit and accept business from advertizers, not to have business from advertizers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The Top 10 Cable News Shows
December 2006
http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.org/2007/narrative_cabletv_audience.asp?cat=2&media=6

The O'Reilly Factor Fox News
Hannity & Colmes Fox News
On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteran Fox News
The Fox Report w/ Shepard Smith Fox News
Special Report w/ Brit Hume Fox News
The O'Reilly Factor (repeat) Fox News
Larry King Live CNN
The Big Story w/ John Gibson Fox News
Studio B w/ Shepard Smith Fox News
Your World w/ Neil Cavuto Fox News

Somehow I just don't think it will have much of an effect. When you're king of the hill there's always someone trying to knock you off.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Sensational garbage always seems to win in the ratings war, be it news, or otherwise.

So if FOX cable is "garbage", in your opinion, what news outlet do you consider the most credible?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I already explained that. Fox has a right to solicit and accept business from advertizers, not to have business from advertizers.

Care to elaborate on what you feel are the differences between the right to solicit and accept, and the right to have, business. The way I see it they are virtually one and the same. Maybe you meant "entitlement" instead of "right". Or, perhaps you meant that Fox is not guaranteed that they will receive financial support from potential advertisers.

Why even get into this childish wordsmithing game?

Is it fun? Maybe it is.

The only thing really interesting is the lefty considers the word "right" to mean guaranteed entitlement of some sort and the right considers the same word to mean opportunity. (lefty and righty only used in a relative to each other context)

It's more a lesson in political psychology

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sensational garbage always seems to win in the ratings war, be it news, or otherwise.

So if FOX cable is "garbage", in your opinion, what news outlet do you consider the most credible?

I don't put my trust in any 1 of them. I watch them all equally (more or less) and then maybe figure out the place in the middle where the truth lies. (that sounds ironic..... truth lies)

Do any of you chaps have an opinion on the BBC?

I do not believe it is as "unbiased" as some have claimed on this site.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The Top 10 Cable News Shows
December 2006
http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.org/2007/narrative_cabletv_audience.asp?cat=2&media=6

The O'Reilly Factor Fox News
Hannity & Colmes Fox News
On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteran Fox News
The Fox Report w/ Shepard Smith Fox News
Special Report w/ Brit Hume Fox News
The O'Reilly Factor (repeat) Fox News
Larry King Live CNN
The Big Story w/ John Gibson Fox News
Studio B w/ Shepard Smith Fox News
Your World w/ Neil Cavuto Fox News

Somehow I just don't think it will have much of an effect. When you're king of the hill there's always someone trying to knock you off.

This shows one of my biggest problem with this sort of "news" programming. It's not "news". It's editorial programming.

The Fox report is actually pretty good sometimes. It's usually a reporting of the facts, with just a little editorial commentary, often humorous. Bill O is a loudmouth bully, Hannity is just fucking batshit, and Colmes is a pussy.

Fox does win the award for female anchors I'd like to have in a reverse gangbang - so that's a plus.

The Fox report is actually pretty good sometimes. It's usually a reporting of the facts, with just a little editorial commentary, often humorous. Bill O is a loudmouth bully, Hannity is just fucking batshit, and Colmes is a pussy.

Fox does win the award for female anchors I'd like to have in a reverse gangbang - so that's a plus.

I can't actually comment on the current Fox report. I quit watching all that crap a couple of years ago. I got tired of yelling at my own TV equipment. It's not the TV's fault. But for your commentary on the commentators, I agree with you completely. You can always turn down the volume when the ladies come on and put on some seventies chickachickawowwow music. It's fun, less frustrating and it's just as informative as if you were listening to what they were saying:ph34r:

'The Liberal media" in the context of US media is a fucking joke.

All US media is so right wing that the most liberal by all standards would at BEST be considered center.

In YOUR opinion, obviously...since there are a BUNCH of studies out there that prove you wrong.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

All US media is so right wing that the most liberal by all standards would at BEST be considered center.

Oh, common, tell us how you really feel about US.:D:D:D.

Oh, common, tell us how you really feel about US.:D:D:D.

He was not talking about the US, but the US media. And most people outside the US that I've talked to about this agree, me included. Even what is considered Left Wing Media inside the US would be considered right of center everywhere else.

Another things that isnt helping the US consumer of news is the extremely US centric view of the news presented on all the mainstream US media outlets.
Remster