dorbie

But tell us what you really think about Islam

Radio host gost goes off on Islam when a Muslim caller objects, it's quite a rant:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3af_1184708307

That sounds like Boortz. It shows that he's just another mouthpiece that won't recognize that there's a difference between Muslims and Islamic extremists. I could just as easily create a similar rant about attacks on people or countries and insert "white people" and "no Caucasian outrage", or "Capitalists" and "no Capitalism outrage".
I feel sorry for his listeners. I also think that disinformation like this can be dangerous.

HAHAHAHA god we never run out of stupid people do we? the sad part is we put them on the radio which means there are people out there who actually believe his crap.

Some should have just been swallowed.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

there's a difference between Muslims and Islamic extremists.

No there isn't. It's all part of the same problem, and that's where there's a disconnect.

The adherents of the so-called "religion of peace" aren't speaking up against the violence, which implies that they are either cowards or sympathizers. Either way, they don't deserve any respect.

The few that do speak up (like Dr Wafa Sultan) receive death threats, or are dismissed by types like Darius.

islam isn't a religion - it's a form of psychosis.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

No there isn't. It's all part of the same problem, and that's where there's a disconnect.

The adherents of the so-called "religion of peace" aren't speaking up against the violence, which implies that they are either cowards or sympathizers. Either way, they don't deserve any respect.

The few that do speak up (like Dr Wafa Sultan) receive death threats, or are dismissed by types like Darius.

Modern Christianity is still at its foundations the same religion that caused 1500 years of bloodshed across the western world.

Is Christianity psychosis?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Mark, what is your problem? You always pick on Islam here and expect ALL followers of that Religion to take the extremists in hand..... Cant you see how daft that sounds? As an American are you a guilty of those same crimes for not speaking up against ANY American extremists?
It's suchb a flawed piece of logic and makes no sense to me at all.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Types like Darius?
what type is that may i ask?

Ok so how am I an extremist?
I hate war, have friends of all faiths, color, and creeds. I don’t preach my religion to anyone, as I believe faith is a highly personal thing so tell me who is/how am i the extremist here?

mh

Wow. You really are a bigot.
And since you are spewing such hatred from the "true and only religion of peace", I'm guessing you're also a hypocrite.

HAHAHAHA god we never run out of stupid people do we? the sad part is we put them on the radio which means there are people out there who actually believe his crap.

You have to admit Salman Rushdie had a point though. Or are you claiming he is just another stupid person who doesn't understand Islam?

Troll, nobody can be that stupid.

And you're not? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go to Google and search on define:bigot

One of the first entries is, "A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own."

How do you *not* fit that description?

Walt

I'll give more respect to someone who holds his tongue than to someone who wags it in support of bigotry.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

And you're not? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go to Google and search on define:bigot

One of the first entries is, "A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own."

How do you *not* fit that description?

Walt

Interesting point.
I don't think you have to actually be a bigot to point out bigotry.

I don't think you have to actually be a bigot to point out bigotry.

Agreed, but I often see people who preach against intolerance being intolerant against others--mainly those who they consider "intolerant". Seems kinda like fighting fire with fire or the pot calling the kettle black.

Speaking of religious intolerance, here's something I have never understood.

* Religious people consider their faith to be truth, i.e., factual.
* If I walk up to a religious person and say that the sky is not blue, they will likely think I'm nuts but not particularly offensive because all I have done is contradict something they know to be factual.
* If I walk up to a religious person and say that their religion is a bunch of bullshit, they will likely find that quite offensive, yet all I have done is contradict something they "know" to be factual.

Why is that?

Walt

Let's see, a religion comprised of about 1.4 Billion people, with a sliver of them causing mass chaos around the world, and the mass that is "moderate" does not speak up to condemn the extremists. It is a sort of endorsement via silence.

While holding one's tongue has merits, it is a disservice to themselves, and it only adds to the deterioration of the bulk of the middle eastern region.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Agreed, but I often see people who preach against intolerance being intolerant against others--mainly those who they consider "intolerant". Seems kinda like fighting fire with fire or the pot calling the kettle black.

Should we be polite to those with swastikas on their arms?

Respectful to those who would see certain races demoted to second class citizens?

Never denounce those who call for homosexuals to be reviled?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Should we be polite to those with swastikas on their arms?

Respectful to those who would see certain races demoted to second class citizens?

Never denounce those who call for homosexuals to be reviled?

As long as they return the favor, yes. Expressing opinions is ok.

Walt

>Wow. You really are a bigot.

And your one warning.

In one thread, one calls someone a bigot and it stands with no warning, but one pops up here? Same word, same forum, similar context, different response?:S
I guess things are as I thought they were.
[edited to add: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2886677;#2886677