SkyChimp

:-) AMNESTY BILL Defeated :-) 53-46

Employers will 'actually' check Social security cards and driver's licenses. When it comes-up that that SS number belongs to a little girl in Nevada... turn his/her butt in.

The law of unintended consequences says that such an approach stands a decent chance of leading to fewer new jobs, more outsourceing/offshoring, and more overtime for current employees.

Make it harder for employers to hire someone, and they'll figure out ways not to hire someone.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Employers will 'actually' check Social security cards and driver's licenses. When it comes-up that that SS number belongs to a little girl in Nevada... turn his/her butt in.

The law of unintended consequences says that such an approach stands a decent chance of leading to fewer new jobs, more outsourceing/offshoring, and more overtime for current employees.

Make it harder for employers to hire someone, and they'll figure out ways not to hire someone.

Wendy W.

That's a good point. I see, what you're saying.

Chuck

Wendy W.

Chuck

From a friend>
"My e-mailbox is flooded with mail concerning gas prices and illegal
immigrants. To boycott oil companies or not; to provide amnesty to
illegal immigrants or not, etc. Since I have become jaded to the various solutions
proposed by the Republicans, Democrats, Sierra Club, ACLU, etc., I have elected to

solve the problems as they affect me. It solves both my gas and illegal immigrant problems.

I have hired illegal immigrants to push my cars.

They're plentiful and cheaper than buying gas. Now here's the smart part...I pay them in
pesos so they have to go home to spend it.

I love it when a plan comes together."
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Wendy W.

Chuck
From a friend>
illegal immigrants or not, etc. Since I have become jaded to the various solutions
proposed by the Republicans, Democrats, Sierra Club, ACLU, etc., I have elected to

solve the problems as they affect me. It solves both my gas and illegal immigrant problems.

They're plentiful and cheaper than buying gas. Now here's the smart part...I pay them in

That, is ingenious! There is a certain chain of pizza restaurants here in Texas who accepts pesos. Still, a helluvan idea.:D

Chuck

I looked at it and it doesnt mention amnesty for gang members. It just states that in the application form they list criminal history, gang members and renunciation of gang affiliation. Later it states that they will perform a full background check. Read parts of the bill. It's pretty damn strict. If at anytime the illegal has received even a freaking felony DUI he is inadmissible.

Wendy W.

Chuck

That's NOT a good point. Again, the approach of doing nothing at all or something pretty stupid. I'm picturing an ostrich burying it's head in the sand right about now.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Wendy W.

Chuck
From a friend>

LOL:D Kevin for President! ;)

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Wendy W.

Chuck

That's NOT a good point. Again, the approach of doing nothing at all or something pretty stupid. I'm picturing an ostrich burying it's head in the sand right about now.

Well, I wasn't really agreeing I just thought it was a good point... something to think about.
The way I really feel is, gather all the illegals up and ship them back where they came from. No amnesty, no nada. Let the Border Patrol do their job. Any PA I've ever talked with says they feel, their hands are tied. We have laws... enforce them and quit being so 'politically correct' or 'nicey-nicey' about it. This country is too soft in too many areas and we just get walked all over. These politicians need to grow a set and do their damned jobs.

Chuck

The way I really feel is, gather all the illegals up and ship them back where they came from. No amnesty, no nada.

Chuck

Hmmm. Good idea in theory.

In practice illegals have become so integrated in the US economy that if they were all deported tomorrow we'd have a really serious bout of chaos on our hands.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The way I really feel is, gather all the illegals up and ship them back where they came from. No amnesty, no nada.

Chuck

In practice illegals have become so integrated in the US economy that if they were all deported tomorrow we'd have a really serious bout of chaos on our hands.

We can and will get over it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Chuck

You give them too much credit!

Here is an interesting talking point regarding the damage caused by illegal immigrants. Read this article as the gripe is more argued from a liberal point of view. For all Dems who supported Amnesty yet remain staunch conservatives of wildlife habitat, this will have you at a crossroad regarding your views.

http://www.defenders.org/releases/pr2006/pr020106.html

Chuck

No doubt. But it WILL cause discomfort even for US citizens and the time to recover may be longer than you think.

Here is an interesting talking point regarding the damage caused by illegal immigrants. Read this article as the gripe is more argued from a liberal point of view. For all Dems who supported Amnesty yet remain staunch conservatives of wildlife habitat, this will have you at a crossroad regarding your views.

I am not in favor of amnesty.

However, WE (everyone who employs or benefits from the sevices of illegals) have created a situation that will take a long time to remedy. I doubt there's one US citizen or legal resident on this board who does not in some way use the sevices of illegals - after all, we all eat food.

Chuck

You give them too much credit!

You haven't done your homework. You can't suddenly take millions of workers out of the economy with no disruption. For the most part these are people who actually do the work, not paper pushers and lawyers and movie stars.

Chuck

No doubt. But it WILL cause discomfort even for US citizens and the time to recover may be longer than you think.

Maybe, but we allowed our elected officials to get us into this mess so we will have to live with it.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Chuck

Maybe, but we allowed our elected officials to get us into this mess so we will have to live with it.

Lots of people share the blame for the mess. Primarily employers looking for cheap labor, IMO.

Chuck

You're probably right. The whole matter, is a touchy subject, not to mention... frustrating. I do feel, we need to be tougher though. The illegals wouldn't take it sitting down, that's for sure.

Chuck

The departure of illegal aliens, whether by deportation or by their own choice will not happen so suddenly. It will take a long time, and the economic impact will be spread out because of that. It should start happening, in my opinion.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The departure of illegal aliens, whether by deportation or by their own choice will not happen so suddenly. It will take a long time, and the economic impact will be spread out because of that. It should start happening, in my opinion.

Deportation proceedings are costly and time consuming. Just take them back to their native countries...
You are so right... it needs to start happening... NOW!

Chuck

I am not in favor of amnesty.

However, WE (everyone who employs or benefits from the sevices of illegals) have created a situation that will take a long time to remedy. I doubt there's one US citizen or legal resident on this board who does not in some way use the sevices of illegals - after all, we all eat food.

True, we all do eat food. I've also noticed that the cost of food has still increased with inflation over the past 15 years. Shouldn't "cheap labor" drive the cost of goods and services down? That hasn't happened.:S How about that for homework?

Deportation proceedings are costly and time consuming. Just take them back to their native countries...

Chuck

there are several studies out that proves it to be cheaper to deport the illegals, none of the options are cheap, but considering all the money wasted on law enforcement, medical, education, incarceration, insurance costs, peopel killed etc. it does wind up cheaper to deport.

Chuck

there are several studies out that proves it to be cheaper to deport the illegals, none of the options are cheap, but considering all the money wasted on law enforcement, medical, education, incarceration, insurance costs, peopel killed etc. it does wind up cheaper to deport.

Add to that the transportation costs. If, they have never been apprehended or apprehended less than 3-times, they can simply be transported back to their native countries. I really 'wonder' about some of these so-called 'studies' and who they are trying to 'serve'. Interesting, though.

Chuck

I say we build the Great Wall of China from California thru Texas. Make it 30 feet high and have it constructed of thick iron. Make it electric and razor wires on top and post border patrol agent stations every so many miles. That would stop the further invasion, protect the habitat destroyed by the illegals, and save money in the long run. Think of it as an iron force field. Physical restraint is much more effective then legislative restraint.