jgoose71

Muslims against Jihad

Fox news is having a special tonight at 9PM eastern time. I know that it is "Fox News" and a lot of people may not consider them a credible news source, but I think this special will actually spell out a lot of problems the middle east is having. I really want to know why more Muslims are not speaking out against the extremists.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

I know that it is "Fox News" and a lot of people may not consider them a credible news source

Thanks for the reminder.

It isn't even a Fox News production, I think it is documentary that was rejected by PBS/CPB, then later accepted.

I really want to know why more Muslims are not speaking out against the extremists.

Intimidation from the Islamofacists.

Here is a really brave muslim, she calls herself a muslim-refusnik, in the tradition of Alexander Solzenitzen:

http://www.muslim-refusenik.com/
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I really want to know why more Muslims are not speaking out against the extremists.

Because deep down in their roots, they don't see anything wrong with it. How many stand up to the terrorism and denounce it? Very few, if any. In fact, many will denounce the violent act, but then sympathize with the "martyr" that caused the even, citing some kind of oppression.

Worse, they are able to extend this message by manipulating the media to display their "struggle". I cite the shit that was in the press and Time magazine from the Haditha incident as an example.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

<Muslims PEOPLE in general are not speaking out against the extremists.

Oh be real. It's not Buddhists, Baptists, or followers of the flying spaghetti monster who were involved in 9/11 or suicide bombings. The extremists are able to hide among other Muslims without fear.

Walt

They are its simply not reported, why kill a great boogy man when it provides so mant easy lazy inaccurate stories that no one questions?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Lets make them all wear yellow cresents... that'll solve the problem in one fell swoop.

That would solve nothing. I think the Muslims who harbor the extremists or fail to turn them in need to be considered to be just as bad as the terrorists and treated accordingly.

Walt

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2301531#2301531

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1093534#1093534

http://www.islamfortoday.com/terrorism.htm

http://www.freemuslims.org/

http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/435

http://www.unc.edu/~kurzman/terror.htm

http://www.unite-against-terror.com/

Just because you haven't heard about it doesn't mean its not happening.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

They are its simply not reported, why kill a great boogy man when it provides so mant easy lazy inaccurate stories that no one questions?

I think you're right that Muslims providing intelligence is a story that isn't getting much press.

Perhaps there would be more of it if it were getting more attention.

Perhaps it is a good thing for their continued safety it doesn't get more attention.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Walt Sir, Muslims are not the only extremists and are not the only people that hide extremists... this whole thread is a crock - IM[oh so]HO.

Granted, in the US their have been bombings of abortion clinics but Muslim extremism is a widespread threat.

Walt

Extremists come in many guises (not just terrorists). Branding a complete group of people (all Muslims, for example) as the root cause of all the evil in the world, I would suggest, is a cop out.

Saying things (not that you have) like all Musims should police all terrorists for the rest of us would be like saying that all people that like a drink should police drink drivers. or all men should police all rapists.... Such generalisation are meaning less.

I wouldn't mind betting that very few who practice as Muslims do not support the actions of Islamic Terrorists, in much the same way that not all Christians supported the IRA.

We cann't simplify a very complex issue (all tghough it's fun to do so, on occasions).

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Walt Sir, Muslims are not the only extremists and are not the only people that hide extremists... this whole thread is a crock - IM[oh so]HO.

Here in the 21st century, any comparison between Muslim extremisim and Christian extremism is akin to comparing the volume of a tennis ball to the volume of the Atlantic ocean.

. . =(_8^(1)

:D:D:DWhat a load of Bollocks:D

Nice argument.

Mine is:

You got McVeigh, Rudolph, and the Crusades from hundreds of years ago. And Fred Phelps. Billvon likes to bring all those up to create a sense of "we're all just people".

OTOH, I got daily reports of hundreds of Muslims dying all over the world every month right here in the 21st century. The extremists are very large in number. There are so many of those people killing each other and others on a daily basis I can't keep count.

Tennis Ball vs. Atlantic Ocean. Yep, pretty good comparison.

. . =(_8^(1)

Tennis Ball vs. Atlantic Ocean. Yep, pretty good comparison.

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate!

It is probably more like a swimming pool vs the Mediterranean sea.

You got McVeigh, Rudolph, and the Crusades from hundreds of years ago. And Fred Phelps. Billvon likes to bring all those up to create a sense of "we're all just people".

Don't forget the IRA, who killed innocent civillians through Northern Ireland and the mainland UK (oh sorry, you in the US don't like to remember those terrorists as you supported them for about 25 years).

Nick
Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

OTOH, I got daily reports of hundreds of Muslims dying all over the world every month right here in the 21st century. The extremists are very large in number. There are so many of those people killing each other and others on a daily basis I can't keep count.

So I guess you already forgot about the remains of Yugoslavia? That's only a decade ago. Also Rwanda in 1994 - 800,000+ killed there. More currently, Chechia still is smoking hot. China vs Tibet. And Latin America has been brimming with 'terrorist' resistance forces for a while now.

But sure, stick to that high school understanding of politics and tell yourself this is a religion thing.

Let's talk real numbers -

Total killed by Provisional IRA (based upon CAIN research project at University of Ulster) - 1,821 prior to 2001. This is estimated to be 48.4 percent of the total casualties - so a total of about 3,762. To break the numbers down even further:

621 of these casualties were civilians.

A total of 655 were British armed forces; 465 from the British Army, 190 were from the Ulster Defence Regiment (a part time local British Army reserve unit).

272 were members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary,
14 were former Royal Ulster Constabulary members, six were British Police, 20 were Northern Ireland Prison Service officers, two were former prison officers.

A further 35 were loyalist paramilitaries (21 Ulster Defence Association (UDA), three former UDA, 11 Ulster Volunteer Force).

Six were Gardai and one was Irish Army.

About 180 were republican paramilitaries, including 12 Official IRA members, one Irish People's Liberation Organisation member, 63 alleged informers and 103 accidental deaths of Provisional IRA members due to premature explosions.

CAIN calculates that of 1706 victims, 340 were Northern Irish Catholics, 794 were Northern Irish Protestants and 572 were not from Northern Ireland.

Note that the VAST majority of killings by "Terrorists who happen to also be Muslim" are targeted specifically against civilians. The numbers for the "Troubles" are not even in the same league as those killing people in the name of the "religion of peace", even when taken over a twenty plus year period (1969-2001).

So, bollocks right back at you.

"Better a has-been than a never-was. Better a never-was than a never-tried-to-be..."