JohnRich

Muslim Terrorists Jailed

News:
Dirty bomb plotters caged

SEVEN members of a terror cell run by al-Qaeda "general" Dhiren Barot were jailed for a total of 136 years today.

Mohammed Naveed Bhatti, Junade Feroze, Zia Ul Haq, Abdul Aziz Jalil, Omar Abdur Rehman, Qaisar Shaffi and Nadeem Tarmohamed were vital to his deadly plans to attack the UK and the US, Woolwich Crown Court was told.

Barot was jailed for life last year for plotting to kill "hundreds if not thousands" of people using explosives-packed limousines and a "dirty" radiation bomb.

“The plans for a series of co-ordinated attacks in the United Kingdom included packing three limousines with gas cylinders and explosives before setting them off in underground car parks. This could have caused huge loss of life. The plans to set off a dirty bomb in this country would have caused fear, panic and widespread disruption...
Source: The Sun

Why do you feel it's necessary to include the word "Muslim" in your thread title? The word isn't used in the headline of the story nor anywhere in the story itself.

The use of the word in connection with these people would be like using the word "Republican" or "NRA Member" to describe Timothy McVeigh.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Why do you feel it's necessary to include the word "Muslim" in your thread title? The word isn't used in the headline of the story nor anywhere in the story itself.

The use of the word in connection with these people would be like using the word "Republican" or "NRA Member" to describe Timothy McVeigh.

I think a Muslim must have taken John’s cookie when he was a kid.;)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

In the same vein....why not Timothy McVeigh, highly decorated US Army combat veteran ?

Facts are facts.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

lets be honest for a second. They are muslims that were trying to kill anyone hey could (muslims and non-muslims alike) to further thier extremist views.

It's been shown that the reason they are getting away with it is because the rest of the muslim community stays silent out of fear. Anyone who stands up faces death threats.

unfortunatly we can't fix it. The muslim communty has to stand up and chose to change it's self. Untill it does, all we can do is point a finger and say "why are you so fucked up?"

I havnen't seen any christians strap a bomb to them selves lately and take out a mall. US born terrorists were not taught to hate, they were just born with an extra chromasome;)
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Which has been done. Did you disagree with it when you heard it?

If there is a repeated pattern in behavior, sometimes it is useful to identify it. Tends to illustrate where the problems are.
Oh, hello again!

I havnen't seen any christians strap a bomb to them selves lately and take out a mall. US born terrorists were not taught to hate, they were just born with an extra chromasome;)

Well ya got me there, no bombs at malls, although I believe some "Christians" like Eric Rudolph, have, in fact, bombed people. And of course, Fred Phelps is also a "Christian".

Are you absolutely certain you wanna continue this line of reasoning?

The terrorists are simply terrorists. Being Muslim has nothing to do with them also having some other rather fucked up points of view.
quade -

[reply

The terrorists are simply terrorists. Being Muslim has nothing to do with them also having some other rather fucked up points of view.

Paul...its time you and a few others need to open your eyes.

bozo

Which has been done. Did you disagree with it when you heard it?

I agreed that Tim McVeigh had been a member of the NRA, but I certainly didn't hold the NRA responsible nor did I ever at any point assume other members of the NRA would be automatically assumed to follow in his footsteps!

If there is a repeated pattern in behavior, sometimes it is useful to identify it. Tends to illustrate where the problems are.

Only if you make the correct correlation with the actual causation. Note; I'd have NO issue with JR using the term Al-Qaeda member, but clearly not all Muslims are member of Al-Qaeda; only a miniscule percentage are.
quade -

Jimbo, I have a lot of respect for things you've done abroad and your opinions about the enemy. If that is your opinion, then so be it. I won't try to change your mind.

I, on the other hand, simply can't believe Muslim automatically equals terrorist. I refuse to because if that is the way it is, then by that same standard all "Christians" are their terrorists. To define "the war" in this way is NOT helpful. At least not to me.
quade -

Well ya got me there, no bombs at malls, although I believe some "Christians" like Eric Rudolph, have, in fact, bombed people. And of course, Fred Phelps is also a "Christian".

Are you absolutely certain you wanna continue this line of reasoning?

Sure I would like to continue my line of reasoning. Terroism is taught. Has the NRA taught people to hate? Terroists are raised to believe that they get 72 virgins at Alah's most reviered spot in heaven if they sacrifice them selves. The NRA won't promise you a god damn thing unless you donate or pay dues. No priest has promised me 72 virgins for blowing myself up in Syria yet.

And for the record Eric Rudolph and Fred Phelps were a couple of loony tunes (no offense ment to the cartoons). Psycotic episodes are not taught.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Jimbo, I have a lot of respect for things you've done abroad and your opinions about the enemy. If that is your opinion, then so be it. I won't try to change your mind.

I, on the other hand, simply can't believe Muslim automatically equals terrorist. I refuse to because if that is the way it is, then by that same standard all "Christians" are their terrorists.

To define "the war" in this way is NOT helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking at it like this....aside from a few homegrown nutcases that have perpetuated some terrorist acts....I see that the people who , worldwide, are blowing up cafes, embassys and just this week in Gaza each other of different sects, are in fact Muslims.
Lets look at Indonesia.....whos blowing up shit there ? Muslims.
The Chechins ? Muslims.
The terrorists in the Phillipines aligned with the communists? Muslims
You can be walk the center of the road all you want but someday youre going to have to come to the realization that the Muslims want the west gone.

Remember the old cliche....if it walks like a duck...

bozo

I'll respond to multiple posts in one place, here.

quade: Why do you feel it's necessary to include the word "Muslim" in your thread title?

Because that's what they are.

kelpdiver: and why is everything a poll?

No one is forcing you to cast a vote. Besides, don't you wonder who those two voters are that think the terrorists should be set free? It demonstrates that we have people here who are sympathetic to terrorists. That should be of concern to all of us...

quade: The terrorists are simply terrorists. Being Muslim has nothing to do with them also having some other rather fucked up points of view.

Disagree. Muslim beliefs are central to their ideology which tells them to go out and kill others. They take it straight from their Koran. They are extremist beliefs, yes, but nevertheless beliefs shared by many Muslims. And it's not an independent strategy they came up with elsewhere, it comes from their religious ideology.

quade: clearly not all Muslims are member of Al-Qaeda; only a miniscule percentage are.

I didn't brand all Muslims as terrorists. My title, above, clearly calls them "Muslim terrorists". That means quite simply and obviously, the subset of Muslims which are terrorists. And since there are tens of millions of Muslims around the world, it doesn't take much of a percentage to add up to a large number of deadly terrorists.

quade: I, on the other hand, simply can't believe Muslim automatically equals terrorist.

I don't know of anyone saying that. So I don't know why you bring it up.

> Why do you feel it's necessary to include the word "Muslim"
> in your thread title?

billvon: Because no one else commits terrorism, of course.

Gosh, are you and quade working as a tag team to invent silly strawman arguments, about something that no one else has actually said? If that's the best argument you guys can come up with against my thread title, then your gas tank is empty.

I, on the other hand, simply can't believe Muslim automatically equals terrorist. I refuse to because if that is the way it is, then by that same standard all "Christians" are their terrorists.

To define "the war" in this way is NOT helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking at it like this....aside from a few homegrown nutcases that have perpetuated some terrorist acts....I see that the people who , worldwide, are blowing up cafes, embassys and just this week in Gaza each other of different sects, are in fact Muslims.
Lets look at Indonesia.....whos blowing up shit there ? Muslims.
The Chechins ? Muslims.
The terrorists in the Phillipines aligned with the communists? Muslims
You can be walk the center of the road all you want but someday youre going to have to come to the realization that the Muslims want the west gone.

Remember the old cliche....if it walks like a duck...

Indeed.

Not to mention that the majority (the silent majority mind you) of the Islamic world which does not do this kind of stuff, by its inaction, perpetuates and it could be argued, therefore endorses the terrorism.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Not to mention that the majority (the silent majority mind you) of the Islamic world which does not do this kind of stuff, by its inaction, perpetuates and it could be argued, therefore endorses the terrorism.

I have to agree. Silence is a positive response. Where was Saudi Arabia after the WTC was hit? The muslim community sends death threats to anyone who speaks out. It's thier problem and they have to fix it.

> I forgot to add "or face extiction"

That would certainly be a final solution.

Bill....I ask you this because you will give a well thought out answer.
Where do you suppose this is all going to end ?

bozo

> Where do you suppose this is all going to end ?

It won't.

There was a time that christians burned witches and killed Muslims by the millions because they were Muslims. (Who were also the scholars of the time; gave us algebra and indeed our number system.) Now the tables have turned. They will turn again. Perhaps the Tamil Tigers will grow to be the next big threat, or Confucianism will ally with communism and start yet another religious war.

Or we may outgrow religious violence - although that means outgrowing a lot of the silly shit associated with our religions now. (i.e. "we need christian prayer in our schools to keep our children moral!" "You're going to hell if you're not one of us.")

It won't.

There was a time that christians burned witches and killed Muslims by the millions because they were Muslims. (Who were also the scholars of the time; gave us algebra and indeed our number system.) Now the tables have turned. They will turn again. Perhaps the Tamil Tigers will grow to be the next big threat, or Confucianism will ally with communism and start yet another religious war.

Or we may outgrow religious violence - although that means outgrowing a lot of the silly shit associated with our religions now. (i.e. "we need christian prayer in our schools to keep our children moral!" "You're going to hell if you're not one of us.")

Your beliefs and mine are in complete alignment.
Thank you.

What people today seem to forget is history.
There were 7 "Christian" Crusades to the Holy lands, that spanned 200 years in the 1100s. The Christians went to the mideast and sacked every city possible to deny the infidels their world.

Another fact thats widely overlooked is that during the Crusades the Armies supported by the Pope were not paid as a rule.....they were promised all the riches and plunder they could take from the Arabs.

In one particular battle a rumor was started that the parents in one city had their children swallow all their jewels. The "Christian" crusaders gutted thousands of children looking for them. This is all historical fact.
Do we still wonder why the Muslim world hates us ?

bozo

kelpdiver: and why is everything a poll?

No one is forcing you to cast a vote. Besides, don't you wonder who those two voters are that think the terrorists should be set free? It demonstrates that we have people here who are sympathetic to terrorists. That should be of concern to all of us...

Not really. You only gave choices of let them go, or imprison them forever. And that's the problem I complain about - you want to have a discussion, words do just fine.

It won't.

I have to disagree. For this I will let history be my teacher.

Way back in the day the muslim world was the center of the universe back in the second century under Nebercanezer (spelled badly). Where it all went bad was when shortly after that there was a huge crack down on religious philosiphers. Only 2 mainstreems forms of the muslim religion servived (sunni and Shia) strictly controlled by thier religious based law (I forgot what it was called off the top of my head). After that, muslims as a culture have been stagnant and have only grown as a culture when they allow new ideas in from the west.

On the flip side, we had the Spanish inquasition. When we sepatated church from state we were allowed to question and grow. What was so significant about the book "The Three Muskateers"? It was the first time a religous figure was portraiyed as a villian in a book.

This is a cross roads for the muslim community. This is thier equivalent to our 15th century. At looking at our past I would venture to say that thier will be heavy caualties untill there is a serious re-reading of the Quran. When they start to open thier minds and question again then there will be piece again

Untill we find something else to kill each other over:S:S