kallend

Score one for the Constitution

reply]

Nice post, Amazon. It explains a lot about your more vitriolic posts.

I mean that as a compliment. :)

Nice compliment, in a back-handed kind of way.

When you have been around a while, you develop historical perspective.

What really gets to me about the modern conservative movement is the intense selfishness of the followers.Bull shit. The modern conservative movement is about do for your self and allowing you to be the best you can be. Offer freebies and you will kill self reliance and responcibility. I am not against helping out but what the left offers (like free nationalized health care is crap) You want to redistribute wealth then stay with the left. Want one to responcible for your actions and your own life? Become consevative. You had better learn about what you spew. It is all about them and their followers. Me, I, mine. Screw those that don't believe. They aren't part of the real america. There is only one way, the right way, their way. Dissent is unpatriotic and unamerican. We must follow our leaders unquestionly, right over the cliff like good lemmings. Fuck that talking point. Saying that is an attempt to stop debate because you can't survive in the area of ideasThe best government is no government there will alway have to be government but it does not have to be a big as it is today. The R's screwed away and oportunity when in control now the D's are going nuts with the bigest budget proposal in history and you had better look at the consequenses of the proposed taxe increase of which they speak today, except when it comes to private medical decisions and who you can commit your life to. They are all about states rights, unless the states do stuff they don't approve of, like Prop 215 in California, or the Oregon assisted suicide law.

The reason that colleges and universities are usually quite liberal is very simple. Liberals are the ones with altruism.No, they think they are smarter than every one else. Look at just what happened in MA (i think) the D controled goverment there can't afford to put an issue before the voters cause they don't trust they will vote in a way the want Conservatives are greedy and selfish. Fucking stupid talking point. Why waste time working in education when you can make more money in business? What good does it do to teach people about things like philosophy and art? You can't make any money out of it.

The rescumlicans took out a contract on america in 1994. The contract has been executed to perfection. They have managed to set the USA on a path to become like the UK after WWII. The UK was a world power. After WWII, that statue had gone away forever. We are well on the way to that bitter reality. And the righties cheer the decline. It is sad... so very sad that they hold party over country so firmly.What a sad post
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

How about the White House?

(and where is this listing - I'd like to see how many of these people were AWOL from the Air National Guard)

Bush 43 - yes
Clinton - no
Bush 41 - yes
Reagan - yes
Carter - yes
Ford - yes
Nixon - yes
L. Johnson - yes
Kennedy - yes
Eisenhower - yes
Truman - yes
F. Roosevelt - no
Hoover - no
Coolidge - no
Harding - no
Wilson - no
Taft - no
T. Roosevelt - yes
McKinley - yes
Harrison - yes
Cleveland - no
Arthur - yes
Garfield - yes
Hayes - yes
Grant - yes
A. Johnson - yes
Lincoln - yes
Buchanan - yes
Pierce - yes
Fillmore - yes
Taylor - yes
Polk - yes
Tyler - yes
Harrison - yes
Van Buren - no
Jackson - yes
J. Q. Adams - no
Monroe - yes
Madison - yes
Jefferson - yes
J. Adams - no
Washington - yes
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I have no problem with free speech or dissenting views and opinions.
What I do have a problem with is people who can excuse some for dodging the draft and refusing to serve in THEIR COUNTRIES ARMED FORCES but not others just because of their underlying reason for doing so. A draft dodger is a draft dodger is a draft dodger...what part don't YOU understand???

Is someone who wins a highly competitive and prestigious scholarship by virtue of their demonstrated merit and ability, and accepts their only opportunity to have said scholarship, to be counted as one who dodged the draft simply to avoid serving the country?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Mike lets stick with those who are running the country in THIS century shall we????

Drumroll for the CHICKENHAWK SQUAD.. Please.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/pearly/htmls/gop-pansies.html

Be sure to check out the right column of those who did go.>:(

I'm sure Clinton will be listed, what with Somalia / Bosnia / Kosovo...right?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Oh yeah.. CDIF...

Stick to this crop of wonderful patriotic human beings in the 21st century that YOU elected.

Sucks when people show that both sides are pretty damn much the same, doesn't it?

I didn't vote for Bush, sorry... I didn't vote for Gore or Kerry either. There wasn't a candidate that I felt right about supporting.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Oh and just saw your long post about all the things done in his behalf.....For an Oxford Scholar... as opposed to your Cheerleader partyboy....

Do you really think someone with a bachelors degree would have been drafted as a private???

Actually a majority of them were drafted as enlisted with bachelor degrees due to the limited amount of initial officer positions. Further more, people were then advanced to were brass by "field commissioning". I will say that the degree carried weight when being considered for selection.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Funny how people keep talking about how many served...

For the 109th Congress:

House: 69 Rep, 48 Dem with military service
Senate: 19 Rep, 16 Dem with military service

No numbers for the 110th posted as of yet...

(and where is this listing - I'd like to see how many of these people were AWOL from the Air National Guard)

You and this Air National Guard. You're starting to sound like Ben Stein. Bueller, Bueller

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Fuckibng stupid talking point

Yup... right wing and cant even spell FUCKING.... great show of rePUBICicanism

Jeanne, you sound like little Suzie fighting with little Johnny on the play ground.

I have no problem with free speech or dissenting views and opinions.
What I do have a problem with is people who can excuse some for dodging the draft and refusing to serve in THEIR COUNTRIES ARMED FORCES but not others just because of their underlying reason for doing so. A draft dodger is a draft dodger is a draft dodger...what part don't YOU understand???

Is someone who wins a highly competitive and prestigious scholarship by virtue of their demonstrated merit and ability, and accepts their only opportunity to have said scholarship, to be counted as one who dodged the draft simply to avoid serving the country?

You damn skippy!
Lots of people gave up a hell of a lot more than a Rhodes scholarship to serve their country in a war they didn't agree with, so why not bookworms?

Bush 43 - yes
Clinton - no
Bush 41 - yes
Reagan - yes
Carter - yes
Ford - yes
Nixon - yes
L. Johnson - yes
Kennedy - yes
Eisenhower - yes
Truman - yes
F. Roosevelt - no
Hoover - no
Coolidge - no
Harding - no
Wilson - no
Taft - no
T. Roosevelt - yes
McKinley - yes
Harrison - yes
Cleveland - no
Arthur - yes
Garfield - yes
Hayes - yes
Grant - yes
A. Johnson - yes
Lincoln - yes
Buchanan - yes
Pierce - yes
Fillmore - yes
Taylor - yes
Polk - yes
Tyler - yes
Harrison - yes
Van Buren - no
Jackson - yes
J. Q. Adams - no
Monroe - yes
Madison - yes
Jefferson - yes
J. Adams - no
Washington - yes

The list has no meaning due to the wars and generations it covered. May as well add the political party of each president and argue about which party served their country the most while in the white house.

BTW when was the white house built and the ANG started.:S

On a BS scale of 1-10 1 for worst.

On a waste of time scale of 1-10 1 for max.

On the funny/dummy scale a 6-7

Return to the circle.

He asked for a list of the Presidents that served in the military, which I provided. I don't really give much of a shit if the info meets with your approval or not.

Is that any way to speak to a fellow member of the skydiving family:o

Of course i don't have to follow your example with a immature response, On a scale of 1 to 10 a 10!:)See I knew we, I, me, could bring out the best in youB|

In my personal experience... that kind of list can be hung on a HELL of a lot of men of that generation.. when No did not mean no.. but a maybe.. at least that is what the guys really believed.>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

So you know "a HELL of a lot of men" who have been accused of rape and/or sexual assault by for or five women?

That whole "no doesn't mean no" comparison to rape is one of the silliest (nicest word I could think of) analogies I've read here. My three year old daughter has better critical thinking skills.

So you know "a HELL of a lot of men" who have been accused of rape and/or sexual assault by for or five women?

That whole "no doesn't mean no" comparison to rape is one of the silliest (nicest word I could think of) analogies I've read here. My three year old daughter has better critical thinking skills.

Simple.. the STATISTICS( you do know what that means right) show that MOST women who suffer it do NOT report it because of the hell THEY will be put thru..date rape STATISTICS are fairly high... so I guess that is ok huh.

NO MEANS NO. PERIOD... why do some people find that so hard to fathom. It still goes on.. No means maybe.. I still hear it.

And how nice of you to make a PA using your daughter.. I hope she does not have to suffer the kinds of assaults that so many women in this country have...

Perhaps you should work on comprehension skills there bud..

Simple.. the STATISTICS( you do know what that means right) show that MOST women who suffer it do NOT report it because of the hell THEY will be put thru..date rape STATISTICS are fairly high... so I guess that is ok huh.

NO MEANS NO. PERIOD... why do some people find that so hard to fathom. It still goes on.. No means maybe.. I still hear it.

With a list like the one below, one has to wonder how many of Clinton's assaults were never reported.:o

Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcome sexual advance, intimidations
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcome sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcome sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcome physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
Sally Perdue - post incident threats
Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters
Denise Reeder - apologetic note scanned

Nobody challenges the argument that no means no. I think we are all in agreement on that. But it does seem strange you should be the one repeating it while at the same time defending Clinton against his accusers with the excuse that "no didn't always mean no". No means no. Always has, always will (unless Clinton needs to redefine "no" to suit his needs, kinda like the meaning of "is" or "sexual relations").

I am not defending him. if he attacked then he needs to be tried... if the charges were made and there was insufficient evidence to proceed that does NOT make him guuilty in our country... at least untill the REligious right takes over completely and making the THOUGHT of having sex a punishable crime.