shermanator

I'm tired of living in Mexico.

I'm so sick of feeling like I am not even in America. What is the point of living in a country, and having a country name, if there are NO borders? I think they call that international soil. Perhaps the USA should change its name to the International Sails of the Americas. that better fits what these crazy liberals want, hell, even our conservatives seem to want that. *sigh*
It is time for a change, WE need to fight, to make America what it once was; a strong, powerful nation, not one of pansies. What happened to the attitudes of the past, 'a sleeping giant' walk softly but carry a big stick' .. Remember, we once had a president, who had fun hunting bears. oh, how I wish I could have lived in the states back when it was a place to be proud of. I'm done here, I want to move out, to a different country, to one that takes pride in who they are. Unfortunately, I can't because they have the right idea, and know what protecting the border means.

I have much more to rant about, but i think i have said enough for now.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

It's true. This country doesn't really have much pride. It's because we have no cultural unity. Italy has the colloseum and fettucini alfredo. Scotland has haggis and William Wallace. Ireland has Guinness and Murphy's Irish Stout! Americans don't share a history. The short history that we do have includes the country splitting in half and killing over 600,000 of our own people. We haven't had the time to develop a common ground in America. Pride stems from unity, but unfortunately, we're more like a chunky stew than a melting pot:S

I tried to get a grip on reality, but it moved.

You're not to depressed to work overtime this weekend, are you? I hope not. Millions on welfare are counting on you!:)

Yeah. No shit. I work Sat. the feds and Ca. take half my gross. I work Sun. and they get 2/3. Thieving bastards.>:(
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I take it you're all of full-blooded Native American ancestry whose ancestors immigrated to North America 10,000 years ago via the Siberian-Alaskan land bridge.

If not, I wonder how the OP would sound when translated into Lakota.

Andy, that's not the OP's point, and you know it.

I have to say that while I believe in the melting pot theory, there's a point where it just becomes untenable.

I live in a city where illegal immigrants are taking over. It's sad, and I feel sorry for the anchor children; but then, I also think that it's time the borders were strengthened, and those who are here illegally get deported.

If you come in legally, welcome to you. I hope you find your dreams. But being here illegally is a shame both on them and a stain on my country that doesn't do a whole hell of a lot to stop them.

Everyone is allowed an opinion, and that's mine.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I take it you're all of full-blooded Native American ancestry whose ancestors immigrated to North America 10,000 years ago via the Siberian-Alaskan land bridge.

If not, I wonder how the OP would sound when translated into Lakota.

As your post states, they were immigrants also.

Being 1/2 Hungarian and 1/2 English, there is a good chance that I have blood from both Long Shanks and Attilla running through my veins. Both are infamous for their crossing of borders.

With the possible exception of parts of Africa, everyone is a descendent of an immigrant.

Most people i know have no problem with immigrants. Legal immigrants. It's the illegals that we have issues with.

Yes, I know the Europeans were illegal immigrants to North America. The native folk had their chance to keep 'em out and blew it. Now it's our chance to keep illegals out. It's just the way civilizations work and interact over long periods of time.

I think we should annex Mexico; We've got the people, now I think we should have the real estate that goes with them.
(from the comedian Gallagher)

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

we once had a president, who had fun hunting bears.

Well, you will have to settle for a president that "accidentally" kills eastern european civilians in mass bombings of their countries.

And, don't forget... Mexico is part of America! ... really, check a map. Oh, and there ARE borders, very long, tall and solid ones by the way; they run all the way into the Pacific Ocean.

How about that.. I agree with Michelle on a SC issue....WOO HOO...

You're funny.

I happen to know that we agree on more than this...and that sometimes, you light fires just because some people need to be awakened. And I also happen to know that even though we disagree on some issues, we're still friends.

So there.

:P

Ciels-
Michele

Oh, and there ARE borders, very long, tall and solid ones by the way; they run all the way into the Pacific Ocean.

And all the way across the northern part of the country, too. Don't forget them.

But I also think that while the borders are there, they're not strong enough. Otherwise, how does one account for the staggaring numbers of illegal immigrants here?

Ciels-
Michele

how does one account for the staggaring numbers of illegal immigrants here?

It is not walls and fences that you have to make stronger, but your immigration policies. Apply them across the board and you will see a difference: no illegal immigrants should mean no illegal immigrants, whether you need them to work the fields or the kitchens of your Country... ALL of them, out! Americans, Europeans and Asian alike.

Remember, we once had a president, who had fun hunting bears. oh, how I wish I could have lived in the states back when it was a place to be proud of.

Back then you would just have been griping about the Irish and Italian immigrants.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

how does one account for the staggaring numbers of illegal immigrants here?

It is not walls and fences that you have to make stronger, but your immigration policies. Apply them across the board and you will see a difference: no illegal immigrants should mean no illegal immigrants, whether you need them to work the fields or the kitchens of your Country... ALL of them, out! Americans, Europeans and Asian alike.

That is the way it should be, but it seems that the US is counterproductive in that matter, with such things as 'special order 40' and not letting police/border patrol do what their job description is. Oh well, guess i will just have to keep griping to myself about it,
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

whether you need them to work the fields or the kitchens of your Country... ALL of them, out! Americans, Europeans and Asian alike.

Agreed. However, you're the one emphasizing "all." I never said otherwise.

Ciels-
Michele