kallend

Do they think we'll believe anything?

Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty defended the firing of seven US attorneys since March, saying they were not political.

www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2007/02/07/justice_department_official_denies_firings_were_political/

One was fired to make way for one of Karl Rove's cronies, another one was the successful prosecutor of corrupt GOP Congressman Duke Cunningham.

"Not political", :D:D:D:D

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Do they think we'll believe anything?

Come on Kallend even after all these years of debating in SC you have any doubt that we have people who are so stupid that they will believe anything?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty defended the firing of seven US attorneys since March, saying they were not political.

www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2007/02/07/justice_department_official_denies_firings_were_political/

One was fired to make way for one of Karl Rove's cronies, another one was the successful prosecutor of corrupt GOP Congressman Duke Cunningham.

What's all the fuss about? Do you really think working for a political appointee doesn't come with certain "understanding?

Wake up and open your eyes.

What's all the fuss about? Do you really think working for a political appointee doesn't come with certain "understanding?

And lying about it goes with the territory for the Bush administration.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

:D:D:D , indeed...

John Deutch
Charles Labella
Miguel Rodriguez
Notra Trulock
and many others... including 93 US Attorneys in 1993
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And lying about it goes with the territory for the Bush administration.

This has been going on for decades, nothing new. Hell, if i were President I would want to make sure any US Attorneys on my watch were of the same political persuasion as I, it's just common sense.

When did Bush lie?

ALL of the attorneys were fired when Clinton came in. Does it bother you so much that they claim it to not be political? OK, so they are lying about it. Did anyone make a fuss about whether it was political when Clinton did it?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

ALL of the attorneys were fired when Clinton came in. Does it bother you so much that they claim it to not be political? OK, so they are lying about it. Did anyone make a fuss about whether it was political when Clinton did it?

Is it also true that Clinton got a blow-job?

Yes, Clinton did get a BJ from an intern (like a teacher/student relationship, or congressman/page relationship - usually that is not considered acceptable).

But, he didn't just get a blowjob. He was being questioned under oath because of allegations of sexual misconduct. He lied to cover up the pattern that supported the allegations.

There were also substantial allegations of being a rapist, sexual imposition & harassment, making advances to a woman on the day of her husband's death, having the Arkansas state police help him get women...
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yep, and his attorney general did not prosecute Clinton for sexual harassment in violation of federal law. It turns out that there is a problem with a person higher up in an organziation granting preferential treatment/unequal access to subordinates on the basis of sexual favors.

And yet many think it was just a blowjob. People will believe anything.

p.s. - I thought that was thr biggest mistake made by the right. Instead of making it a legal issue, they made it a MORAL issue.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think that they think that we will believe everything.
I think.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

""And lying about it goes with the territory for the Bush administration.""

Come on now...you can do better than that...makes no diff if it's the Re-Pukes or the Dem-Dummies...all liars for self promotion.

That action by Clinton was political and SOP when a new president takes office - what makes this move by Gonzales and the Bush administration so unusual (and therefore suspect) is why they chose to do it now.

The culture of lies and media sound-byte spin will continue until we decide we're not going to up with it any longer.
T.I.N.S.

p.s. - I thought that was thr biggest mistake made by the right. Instead of making it a legal issue, they made it a MORAL issue.

I agree. And the problem with "moral issue" was that every right seemed to have a skeleton in his closet.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

...And your insignificant point is???

Political appointees serve at the pleasure of the sitting President. If the Chief wants to sack some of the last President's appointees, that is his prerogative under the law.

Klinton sacked EVERY US attorney, and nobody squawked about that, iirc, except the Usual Suspects(tm); e.g., those on the other side of the political aisle.

There is a selective amnesia (even myopia) that seems to affect the body politic that extends down to political / news junkies...

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

...And your insignificant point is???

Political appointees serve at the pleasure of the sitting President. If the Chief wants to sack some of the last President's appointees, that is his prerogative under the law.

Klinton sacked EVERY US attorney, and nobody squawked about that, iirc, except the Usual Suspects(tm); e.g., those on the other side of the political aisle.

There is a selective amnesia (even myopia) that seems to affect the body politic that extends down to political / news junkies...mh

All you're doing is robotically repeating the party talking point, like a FoxNews talking head.

Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush also replaced most of the US Attorneys when they came into office, just as Clinton did. Nobody's saying that's not SOP for new presidents. And everybody acknowledges that US Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the president.

But a firing of this many US Attorneys in the middle of a term is rather unprecedented. And doing so to influence criminal investigations and prosecutions is completely improper and may even be criminal.

Now you can preach to the choir all you want, but the only people you'll "persuade" are those who would never, ever, ever dream of voting for a Democrat anyway, so what the hell difference does it make? If you want to tilt at windmills like Don Quixote, that's your privilege. At least Tony Snow gets paid for it.