NCclimber

Pelosi - "I want my jet!"

I find it kinda idiotic that skydivers (at least us who actually skydive) would be arguing about fuel waste, considering the vast amount of fuel that is wasted soley to jump out of an airplane when we all can easily become BASE jumpers and save the fuel for better use

It is not fuel waste, but COST that is my issue.

If I could get to Altitude for 10 bucks with the right sized door vs 20. I would choose 10 that might climb slower. Even if I choose the 20 buck ride I would be paying for it myself, not making YOU pay for my jump.

I have no issue flying the speaker around. I just want it to be done in the most economical way possible.

How about Laura Bush? No-one elected her. She has no cabinet role. She gets the "big plane" for herself and her guests.

So did Hillary - but I don't see you griping about THAT.

I'm not griping about the allocation of planes - you are.

Incorrect - YOU are griping that the First Lady is able to use a larger plane and the CURRENT speaker can't (at least under the premise of the OP).

Sorry, you're wrong. For once, the White House got it right, the RNC's griping (which you seem to endorse) is SILLY. The griping, whinging, bellyaching and grumbling is ALL coming from misinformed conservatives.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So you haven't been making posts harping on the quality of air travel provided for the first lady?

Really?

You started this thread with a griping whinging post with a misquote for its title.

I've been using the First Lady as a basis of comparison for you and the other whingers and bellyachers on the right.

Nice spin attempt though, now your misrepresentations about Pelosi have been exposed. Probably took in some impressionable people.

So you haven't been making posts harping on the quality of air travel provided for the first lady?

Really?

You started this thread with a griping whinging post with a misquote for its title.

I've been using the First Lady as a basis of comparison for you and the other whingers and bellyachers on the right.

Nice spin attempt though, now your misrepresentations about Pelosi have been exposed. Probably took in some impressionable people.

Help. Help.

I'm getting sooooo dizzy. :S

Really?

Help. Help.

I'm getting sooooo dizzy. :S

take a nap.

Incorrect - YOU are griping that the First Lady is able to use a larger plane and the CURRENT speaker can't (at least under the premise of the OP).

Sorry, you're wrong. For once, the White House got it right, the RNC's griping (which you seem to endorse) is SILLY. The griping, whinging, bellyaching and grumbling is ALL coming from misinformed conservatives.

Nope - I'm still right - your entire contribution to this thread can be summed up in one sentence: "Why does Laura get a big plane when Nancy doesn't?"
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Let's take a quick count.
Thread about Office of Special plans creating it's own intelligence to get us into war with Iraq. 8 posts.

Thread about $12 billion in cash being wasted in Iraq and subsequent baiting about other government waste. 32 posts

Thread about fabricated non-story about Pelosi's flight privileges. 230 posts

Yep. After 18 years of this right-wing-smear-enabled-by-complicit-media-resulting-in-dumbed-down-public crap you'd think people might notice that they're being played.

Thread about Office of Special plans creating it's own intelligence to get us into war with Iraq. 8 posts.

Thread about $12 billion in cash being wasted in Iraq and subsequent baiting about other government waste. 32 posts

Yep. After 18 years of this right-wing-smear-enabled-by-complicit-media-resulting-in-dumbed-down-public crap you'd think people might notice that they're being played.

It's a vast conspiracy. :o

Hardly. It's just astounding childishness.

People want to hate "the other side" so badly they'll jump on any cause. Then when their cause is pulled out from underneath them, they hang on with fingernails and teeth to save face.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

It's not that vast.

People want to hate "the other side" so badly they'll jump on any cause. Then when their cause is pulled out from underneath them, they hang on with fingernails and teeth to save face.

I think the motivation is less angry than that. People want to believe in "their side" SO BADLY they'll ignore any issues with their sides even when the proof is blatant, they'll hang on with fingernails and teeth to maintain the illusion.

(Now the typical response to this will be:

from the righties - see? look at all the rabid lefties that fit this description

from the lefties - see? look at all the rabbit righties that fit this description

and those that do admit it will then point to the other team and note they have no choice but to stick to their guns)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think the motivation is less angry than that. People want to believe in "their side" SO BADLY they'll ignore any issues with their sides even when the proof is blatant, they'll hang on with fingernails and teeth to maintain the illusion.

(Now the typical response to this will be:

from the righties - see? look at all the rabid lefties that fit this description

from the lefties - see? look at all the rabbit righties that fit this description

and those that do admit it will then point to the other team and note they have no choice but to stick to their guns)

But that's not the big picture. The bigger picture, and what I was trying to point out, is that the sordid, non-news character assination pieces get more coverage than real news stories. And that has been exploited heavily by the right in nearly the last two decades. Make an accusation, complete bullshit or maybe a smattering of truth but a misrepresentation of the facts, and it sticks. It gets repeated and repeated with little to no analysis in the mainstream media and turns into complete bullshit in talk radio. Then, even after the story may have been proven to be crap, like the Pelosi piece, you can count on the "Pelosi Air" references to be thrown about in media for years to come. And ultimately we're all worse off for it. We know less. Whether it's money driven, politically driven, or a combination of those and something else. We're all stupiderer in the long run.

edited to add: I was going to go back and fix a spelling error, but I think I'll keep "assination". It somehow seems appropriate.

I'm not arguing with the White House, the Sergeant-at Arms of the House, and the US Air Force. You are.

You are arguing about as much if not more than anyone else about this...Just admit you are OK with the Dems spending money, but would blow a gasket if it was a Republican.

I'm not arguing with the White House, the Sergeant-at Arms of the House, and the US Air Force. You are.

You are arguing about as much if not more than anyone else about this...Just admit you are OK with the Dems spending money, but would blow a gasket if it was a Republican.

The Republicans need no lessons in spending and wasting money. THAT, my friend, is why we have the biggest deficits and spending increases in history under the GOP.

Link provided just for NCclimber:P
www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/BG1710.cfm

Why won't you admit that the only reason we're having this discussion is because she's a Democrat?

Why won't you admit that the only reason we're having this discussion is because she's a Democrat?

I suspect if she was a Republican the exact same discussion would occur here except the poster's would be reversed.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I suspect if she was a Republican the exact same discussion would occur here except the poster's would be reversed.

Is there a thread about Hastert getting a plane a few years ago?

I dunno, do a search

If he got one today would there be?

What's a "Hastert"?

I dunno, do a search

If he got one today would there be?

What's a "Hastert"?

Like a Has-been, with three letters changed..

Pelosi has to go futher to get to her district--need a plane w/more legs.

Peosi may need to bring more peeps w/her, also due to the distance.

But, GOPers will sieze on it because:
She's female
She's a Dem

Don't kid yourself. It'd be the same way if the party labels were switched.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Peosi may need to bring more peeps w/her, also due to the distance.

Why would that affect the number of support staff needed?

I think she looks creepy, her eyebrows always pulled up, her face looks too tight, as if she's had aggressive face lifts.:D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am