NCclimber

Pelosi - "I want my jet!"

Delay got more than Tip O'Neill.

How so?

Delay got a much better equipped official car.

He did? How about a cite?

Just look it up for yourself.

"This is a silly story, and I think it's been unfair to the speaker'' Tony Snow, White House spokesman.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You are, of course, an expert on prevailing high altitude winds, obligatory IFR reserves, etc.?

I think THAT is a matter for the USAF to decide, not you.

Oh sorry, I was not aware you were a pilot in the USAF.:S

IFR reserves are 45 min after your alternate field. Winds are normally from the west to the east due to the jet stream. The G20 has a range of 3698nm. DC to SF is 2438 miles. 1260 miles reserve.

Swing and a miss. Just admit you are OK with it since it is a Democrat.

No-one has yet answered why it's OK for a GOP vice president and GOP first lady to get a C32 for ANY trip at all, but not for the 3rd highest official in the nation to fly coast to coast.

I would be fine with ANY VP or first lady getting a C32.
:S.

Why is it ok for the VP or first lady, but not for the speaker? If Hastert had asked for a C32 would you have complained?

Most importantly, if Hastert had GOTTEN a C32, would it then be ok for Pelosi?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does the Speakers plane have ANYTHING to do with you?

Nothing, but what does have to do with you? Does it affect anything in your life?

I pay US taxes, you don't.

I pay US taxes, you don't.

Actually I do, but that is a different story.

Will your taxes in any way shape or form change for the better or worse based on the decision which plane she flies in?

I think in all reality, it affects you and I in exactly the same way, which is not at all. The discussion is fine, but the "you are not in the US, so you are not allowed to talk about it" is kind of silly....don't you think?

Why is it ok for the VP or first lady, but not for the speaker?

VP is second in command. There have been times we have gone to the VP, not once have we gotten to the third in line. Also, the speakers needs can be met with the G20...just like Hasterts were.

As for the First Lady. Well you could have a point, but we are not talking about the first lady. We are talking about the speaker and the past speakers. Did you bitch about Hillary getting AF2? I didn't and I don't bitch about Laura getting AF2 either.

Most importantly, if Hastert had GOTTEN a C32, would it then be ok for Pelosi?

Yes, but I would have bitched about Hastert getting a C32 as well.

You are, of course, an expert on prevailing high altitude winds, obligatory IFR reserves, etc.?

I think THAT is a matter for the USAF to decide, not you.

Oh sorry, I was not aware you were a pilot in the USAF.:S

IFR reserves are 45 min after your alternate field. Winds are normally from the west to the east due to the jet stream. The G20 has a range of 3698nm. DC to SF is 2438 miles. 1260 miles reserve.

Swing and a miss. Just admit you are OK with it since it is a Democrat.

The USAF HAS responded. They can't guarantee a non-stop flight in a G20 :P That's what led to the whole issue. Try another tack, that one didn't work.:P

Hint - what DIRECTION is it from DC to SF? How strong is the jet stream? Will the plane be flying in to the wind, perchance?

"This is a silly story, and I think it's been unfair to the speaker'' Tony Snow, White House spokesman.

Will your taxes in any way shape or form change for the better or worse based on the decision which plane she flies in?

When you add in the others abuses YES. One drop does not sink a ship, but several do.

I think in all reality, it affects you and I in exactly the same way, which is not at all. The discussion is fine, but the "you are not in the US, so you are not allowed to talk about it" is kind of silly....don't you think?

I think it is silly how you have such strong opinions and feel the need to argue them over something you do not seem to think effects you.

I think it does effect me. Waste is waste and once you ignore it, it breeds.

Give her the tools she needs, not the toys she wants. Allow her the SAME as the last guy, not add waste to accomplish the same mission.

I have no issue with her having the G20. The last speaker had it, and it will handle her mission needs.

I have no issue with her having the G20. The last speaker had it, and it will handle her mission needs.

I didn't know you are an expert on the mission needs of the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

The USAF HAS responded. They can't guarantee a non-stop flight in a G20

So they get fuel. Big deal. She didn't want to stop and she has the purse strings.

Hint - what DIRECTION is it from DC to SF? How strong is the jet stream? Will the plane be flying in to the wind, perchance?

Hint- what DIRECTION is it from SF to DC? See the plane might have to fly INTO the wind to get to SF, but to get to DC from SF it will have no problem. Winds are funny like that, they hurt going into but help going with....Or is she only going to fly from DC to SF and never go back to DC?;)

So they get fuel. Big deal.

See, this is where I don't agree with you. The previous speaker was given acces to USAF supplied non-stop travel to his riding.

The new speaker should be given the same, USAF supplied non-stop travel to her riding.

If they can do it in the same plane: great, if they have to go to a bigger plane, well that is just a function of the size of the country.

All in all a pretty silly story though.

(now I am not sure of this, but I would think that flying non-stop in a bigger plane could be more fuel efficient that having to land, refuel and take off, in which case concerned tax payers like DaVinci would be even betetr off.)

I didn't know you are an expert on the mission needs of the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

The G20 worked fine for the last speaker....Just admit you are OK with it since we have them and she is from your party.

Hastert had to fly 598 miles each way. Pelosi has to fly 2449 miles each way. I don't know about you, but the longer the trip is that I'm taking, the more interested I become in comfort.

I honestly don't care which plane Pelosi flies in, I'm just incredibly amused at all the whining over something so trivial. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The G20 worked fine for the last speaker....Just admit you are OK with it since we have them and she is from your party.

The House sergeant at arms originally advised Pelosi that Hastert had used a military plane and recommended that she use one that didn't need to refuel. That prompted her office to request clarification of the rules, Daly said, noting that she never actually requested a specific plane.

And apparently the plane is a C40, smaller than a C32.

And the AF cannot guarantee non-stop service in a G20.

And you now want her to fly one way in one plane, and send a different plane out to bring her back? How will that save any money?

How so?

LOL You repeatedly snipe about sources for this story, a story that could easily be found with a Google News search of "Pelosi". Nevertheless, I provide some links.

You make a claim about some pretty obscure stuff and duck my request for a source.

Aside from the obvious hypocrisy, this is looking more and more like another one of your lies.

Tsk, tsk. :$

How so?

LOL You repeatedly snipe about sources for this story, a story that could easily be found with a Google News search of "Pelosi". Nevertheless, I provide some links.

You make a claim about some pretty obscure stuff and duck my request for a source.

Aside from the obvious hypocrisy, this is looking more and more like another one of your lies.

Tsk, tsk. :$

Last time you called me a liar, you were proven wrong but didn't have the balls to apologize.

Aides note that she is so mindful of not misusing the powers of office that when she recently encountered a wild bird in her Georgetown condo, she called the super rather than the security detail downstairs. In fact, they noted, the speaker herself caught the bird in a brown bag.

Daly acknowledged, however, that Pelosi has inquired whether family and friends can fly with her on business travel. A mother of five and grandmother of six, Pelosi's family often accompanies her on the road.

The flare-up clearly rankled Pelosi and her staff Wednesday.

When the Los Angeles Times asked for copies of correspondence between her office and relevant agencies about any transportation requests, Daly's e-mail response was curt: "no."

Hysterical. :D

Last time you called me a liar, you were proven wrong but didn't have the balls to apologize.

Wrong.

Well, since you have no actual data, it's about all you could do.

OK, what model year was O'Neill's limo? Was Delay's a later model year or did he use O'Neill's hand me down limo?