steveorino

Honest questions for God

It's about you[ all mankind] not standing a sinner's chance in hell of making it into heaven on their own accord. You need a savior, a mediator, an advocate.

Savior, I don't need to be saved. Mediator, they are supposed to be neutral. Advocate, what are they advocating?

PS: What (sin) did Satan do that caused God to send Satan to Hell?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

What do ya’ll think of this –

I have heard it said that if you have 2 persons, 1 an Atheist and 1 a Christian and both of them come across someone in need of help and both of them render aid:

If the Christian rendered aide just to earn more brownie points to get into heaven and the Atheist rendered aide just because it is the right thing to do, then the Atheist is the better person.

You apparently do not understand the principle. Good works will not earn you brownie points.

That is the fallisy of religion. People think that is all going to be weighed out on a scale on judgement day. God's going to say, "Who's your lawyer?" If you can't say,"Jesus Christ." then you have sealed the deal.

Savior, I don't need to be saved. Mediator, they are supposed to be neutral. Advocate, what are they advocating?

So what you are saying is that you are perfect. Then, you could have taken Jesus' place on the cross.

The attitude,"I'm good enough," just ain't good enough. You have to be perfect in all thoughts, words, and deeds to make the grade on your own. And I can guarantee, that's just not going to happen.

What (sin) did Satan do that caused God to send Satan to Hell?

The sin was rebellion.Satan isn't in hell. He's walking to and fro upon the earth seeking whom he may devour.

That is the (fallacy) of religion. People think that is all going to be weighed out on a scale on judgement day. God's going to say, "Who's your lawyer?" If you can't say,"Jesus Christ." then you have sealed the deal.

Okay, so I've asked this before and got no response. I'll ask it again.

What makes Jesus correct and the Hindu gods wrong?
This ad space for sale.

So what you are saying is that you are perfect. Then, you could have taken Jesus' place on the cross.

I am not saying I am perfect, I am saying that there is nothing I need to be saved from.

What (sin) did Satan do that caused God to send Satan to Hell?

The sin was rebellion.Satan isn't in hell. He's walking to and fro upon the earth seeking whom he may devour.

Rebellion, can you be more precise? Kids rebel against their parents, I don't believe this is a good reason for parents to create Hell and send their kids there for an eternity of pain and suffering.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Rebellion, can you be more precise? Kids rebel against their parents, I don't believe this is a good reason for parents to create Hell and send their kids there for an eternity of pain and suffering.

From what I can see, even the smallest sin is unjustifiable compared to God's perfection. Therefore, the only way to not go to hell is to accept Jesus Christ s your Savior. How you actually live your life has nothing to do with it, as long as you beg for forgiveness throughout your entire life. So, even if you're Mother Teresa, unless you accept Jesus, you're going to Hell.

(To be fair, it is only the fundamentalists that are claiming this.)
This ad space for sale.

So what religion are you? :P

Or

What WAS the meaning of life?

Or

What was here before the universe?

Or

Who made you? Where did you come from? What is the meaning of YOUR life?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Perhaps this should be a separate thread but how many are part of Christian Skydivers Association? Quite a few that I know that display the patches on their gear or fly the flag.....just curious.

My random 2 pennies is that this world and day to day is filled with so much negativity....why not strive to be positive and look for the good things out there...and if believing in God and proclaiming your faith in God makes you feel complete then DO IT! and if it makes a difference in the life of another...DO IT!

What if the self-righteousness just pisses off the others?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think humans have religion wrong for the most part.

I believe all the paths lead to the One God in their own way.

As long as you believe in the One God, whatever way you believe in him, and thank him for everything bestowed upon this earth, then you are following the correct path(s).

What about a billion Hindus? What's wrong with their gods?

Christianity certainly isn't the only religion that believes that its particular theology is The One And Only True Religion, but it is certainly among those that do.

Non-denominational Christians don't have a religion. We have a relationship with Jesus through our hearts. Therefore, we do not believe that we are the one true religion as you had pointed that out. We believe that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and that God sent him down to earth to die for our sins.

Good thing that's been taken care of so much better than all the other religions do.

God gives us minds of our own to decide how we live our life and how we treat others with either love or disrespect. His part was done when he gave his only son to be sacrificed for our sins. The rest is up to us to follow it or not.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

What about a billion Hindus? What's wrong with their gods?

What's wrong with their gods? I don't know anything about the Hindu religion. You tell me what's wrong with them.

Nothing is wrong with Hindu gods that isn't also wrong with the Christian god or the FSM.

Are you referring to Christians? Let me tell you in Laymen terms: Only God can tell a Christian that he is righteous. A Christian should never boast about it. Christians who boasts or claim they are self-righteous will get an unpleasant surprise waiting for them in heaven. They will be judged for it.

Absorb and let this sink into all your skulls:

Christians are not better than anyone else in this world! Christians who feel that they are better than others are boasting and they'll pay for it in the end.

Are you referring to Christians? Let me tell you in Laymen terms: Only God can tell a Christian that he is righteous. A Christian should never boast about it. Christians who boasts or claim they are self-righteous will get an unpleasant surprise waiting for them in heaven. They will be judged for it.

Absorb and let this sink into all your skulls:

Christians are not better than anyone else in this world! Christians who feel that they are better than others are boasting and they'll pay for it in the end.

Have you not been reading this thread?

Help me out here a bit bro. I'm eating Ramen noodles and I have to drop a deuce pretty soon and I'm contemplating if I should drop a deuce and let my noodles get cold or not. I'm having personal issues here. We New Yorkers are get up and go type of people, not ones that sit behind a computer and read posts all day long. :o

Seriously, forgive my ignorance but I wasn't able to read everyone's post. Are you saying that Christians that have posted here are claiming self-righteousness?

Help me out here a bit bro. I'm eating Ramen noodles and I have to drop a deuce pretty soon and I'm contemplating if I should drop a deuce and let my noodles get cold or not. I'm having personal issues here. We New Yorkers are get up and go type of people, not ones that sit behind a computer and read posts all day long. :o

Seriously, forgive my ignorance but I wasn't able to read everyone's post. Are you saying that Christians that have posted here are claiming self-righteousness?

Not ALL of them, some are quite humble.

Have you not been reading this thread?

Bro, I just woke up. I read stuff here and there but not every single post. Just spit it out.

Well, the thread gives context to individual posts, so just jumping in at the end without seeing what went before may not lead to a correct interpretation.

Well, the thread gives context to individual posts, so just jumping in at the end without seeing what went before may not lead to a correct interpretation.

Are you always that uptight? :D lol j/k. I hear what you're saying bro. Thanks.

If the Christian rendered aide just to earn more brownie points to get into heaven and the Atheist rendered aide just because it is the right thing to do, then the Atheist is the better person.

There is no brownie points in heaven, my friend. There is no special award for helping people. Christians try to be Christlike. That's how God uses us. We are an extension of his hand, we help his people. His people are everyone here on earth. We render help because it is in our hearts to help people. God wants us to help others. Besides, helping others helps us to open our hearts for others and it makes our hearts bigger and it helps us to understand the love that God has for everyone.

Lastly, good deeds do not get you into heaven. This is a misconception that most people have. To sum it up: Believing that Jesus is your lord and savior and asking God for forgiveness is your meal ticket.