shropshire

Iraq murder charges for US marine

because he was already dealing with a lot of the horror he saw over there, and he wasn't sure he could have handled being the executioner of a 13 year old girl. I am glad most of our soldiers have that sort of good judgment - but as you mentioned, that's the situation we put ourselves in by going to war and killing tens of thousands of innocent people (accidentally, of course.)

Those 13 year olds (and their brothers and sisters) will grow up to be the next Mohamed Attas. We will, unfortunately, reap what we have sown.

Wow your friend does not kill combatants that have just killed fellow servicemen, and even shot him?

He must have some really bad training.

Or this is BS.;)

Your kidding right????.....Ive heard stories about this exact thing from servicemen who have served in different wars.. THAT SHIT STICKS..and it will stick for the rest of your life.

.. Obviously you have had the option of executing a small girl and after shooting her between the eyes have no regrets and do not wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with her face burned into your brain?

As soon as you become COOL with that.....There is now something fundamentally wrong with you.

By not killing if you have the choice especially a child IMO you are saving yourself just as much. But for people like you apparently war is black and white.

Its war..... Point and shoot.....
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Isn't it funny how conservatives think that US soldiers do not represent the US, but Saudi terrorists represent Iraq?

What's funny is how the liberals in this forum, like you and kallend, continuously misinterpret what the conservatives are saying.

No one has said that U.S. soldiers don't represent America. No one has said that the terrorists are from Saudi Arabia, or that they represent Iraq. They do, however, represent part of the Muslim culture - the "religion of peace", which includes a culture of death.

I dont think i could have said it much better.....

Isn't it funny how conservatives think that US soldiers do not represent the US, but Saudi terrorists represent Iraq?

What's funny is how the liberals in this forum, like you and kallend, continuously misinterpret what the conservatives are saying.

No one has said that U.S. soldiers don't represent America. No one has said that the terrorists are from Saudi Arabia, or that they represent Iraq. They do, however, represent part of the Muslim culture - the "religion of peace", which includes a culture of death.

No misinterpretation at all. Your views are crystal clear for all to see.

As if your view are not clear????:S:S:S

>Muslims slaughtering muslims. Doesn't sound too good...

Why, you're right! Other people's bad behavior does excuse ours. I can't believe people are complaining about things like My Lai and Haditha when there are other people doing bad things in the world!

Isn't it funny how the only murders that any liberals here concern themselves with are the few committed by U.S. soldiers?

I guess all those others just aren't important. Who gives a damn about all those Muslims, as long as we get to hang the Americans!

It is reprehensible to use someone else's bad behavior as an excuse for our own.

"We" invaded their country. We are supposed to be better than "them". If we aren't, we have no excuse for being there.

Haditha is between Ramadi and Al Qa'im in the Al Anbar province. The guys who ambushed the Marines that day, and started shooting were, based on personal observation, not Iraqi, but Syrian.

Don't confuse the secterian violence in Baghdad with insurgent activities in the Al Anbar province. Their only commonality is that the violence is happening at the same time, in the same country.

If they did not there case would not hold watar.:S:S They do not want to bring facts into this:S:S>:(

Despite the great impact that 9/11 has had on our lives, I believe that it pales in comparison to the impact that our invasion of Iraq has had on the people of Iraq.

Nice qualifier. ;)

Yeah. My mom taught me as a child to be considerate of other people. As I've grown up I've learned to have empathy for people all the way over there in Iraq....and to consider how our actions as a nation affect their lives. Funny. I didn't even consider the "on the people of Iraq" part of my statement to be a qualifier. But I guess it is.

linz

Well said, and empathy is the key word. It seems to me like NCclimber has no empathy for the Iraqi people whatsoever.

It seems to me that the heinous acts of a bunch of terrorist thugs have no bearing whatsoever on how we view the illegal behavior of members of the US armed forces when operating in a foreign land. Bringing up terrorist acts as some kind of excuse was absurd.

Maybe you should move to a difererant country where you can not make as much money, but can feel like you are in a COMUNIST setting. I will buy the air plane ticket and pay the price for you giving up your citizen ship to the great USA. I promice i will pay if you leave>:(

It seems to me that the heinous acts of a bunch of terrorist thugs have no bearing whatsoever on how we view the illegal behavior of members of the US armed forces when operating in a foreign land. Bringing up terrorist acts as some kind of excuse was absurd.

I agree. ;)

Maybe you should move to!!!!!!!!! I will pay for your ticket to!!!!!!!Please let me know went you and Kallend are leaving, So i can set up the party for the correct day. I dont want to disapoint people by telling them you are leaving when you are not.

Dude - This thread is about the charges against Marines for murder. NOT MUSLIMS KILLING MUSLIMS. Can you not at least recognize and condemn the actions of US Marines in this case?

No shit i can read to:S:S DO you have a final report ?????? I have not seen one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In case you did not notice the liberal media is the voice that gets heard around here. So maybe they speak for you and Kallend but they do not speak for the average (sane) american.Oh by7 the way some (all) liberals
considure self defence as murder... Im sorry you already new that

>you might want to take a walk in their boots for a 4 year hitch before
>possibly taking out of context their actions in a war zone and holding them
>accountable to the same standards that apply to civilian or non war
>situations.

Will you give the same latitude to an Iraqi who has lived in the war zone we created for 4 years, loses it and kills a dozen US soldiers? Or is that different?

You might want to listen to something besides the liberal media. You might learn something???????

Well said, and empathy is the key word. It seems to me like NCclimber has no empathy for the Iraqi people whatsoever.

You really need to get over yourself.

When you're in a hole, misdirection doesn't help. Your comments are out there for the whole world to see.

Cool, isn't it, how you can see what people wrote even 3 or more years ago. Like the comments of the righties about how urgent and wise it was that we invade Iraq in the first place.

I got an idea check out what you ignorant liberals said about the war?????? Dont worry about it i will tell you what you what you will not admit. They agreed that Iraq had weapons of mas distruction. Icluding your favirios. They believed it as any other politicion. SO try agian you liberal biast ignorant fool.

Of course he is not a soldier or he would not think the way he does!!!!!I have a ex combat Iraqi soldier with 3 tours (that works for me) that tells me he knows what he did was good, also i know several other soldiers that have servide there that think the same thing.

>you might want to take a walk in their boots for a 4 year hitch before
>possibly taking out of context their actions in a war zone and holding them
>accountable to the same standards that apply to civilian or non war
>situations.

Will you give the same latitude to an Iraqi who has lived in the war zone we created for 4 years, loses it and kills a dozen US soldiers? Or is that different?

It is different how you suspect how Iraqi people feel. Are you Iraqi or liberal?????????? Only those 2 would know:S:S

>that if you have not been there yourself, it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what our soldiers are up against

I agree. And if you have not lived in an occupied country, it is just as impossible to know what it's like to live there.

Have you lived that life???? i did not think so. Then why are you replying

>therefore making it all too easy to take their actions out of context.

Yep. Unfortunately that goes for both sides

Why are you comenting agian????????

>And I will say unequivocally and without apology that ANY combatant
>who for ANY REASON kills one of our soldiers should die as soon as
>possible.

How about a 13 year old girl who kills a soldier because she saw her mother killed by them? You willing to pull the trigger on her?

I will tell you I will kill a 13 year old girl that istrying to kill me ( i have 3 duaghters). If i am in another country, i will not hesitate to take care of buis. so i can go back home, So what would make make you think that the soldiers that make your life possiable whould do any differnent??????????????????????
Dont think you have the life you do today because the world is peacefull:S:SDo some research

How about a 13 year old girl who kills a soldier because she saw her mother killed by them? You willing to pull the trigger on her?

That's the problem with the facile justifications of the "fog of war." Works both ways.

Have you ever heard of stay bullets??? I will shoot anyone dead that is trying to kill me.

July 19, 2007
CAMP PENDLETON – Marine Lance Cpl. Stephen Tatum cried as he told an investigator that he helped his platoon sergeant shoot women and children in a house in Haditha, Iraq, the investigator said yesterday.

The testimony from Matt Marshall, an agent for the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, came during a hearing to help determine whether Tatum should face court-martial on charges such as murder.
Marshall recalled Tatum saying that he and three other Marines stormed through two houses the morning of Nov. 19, 2005, minutes after a Marine was killed and two others were wounded in a bomb blast nearby.

Tatum and two other members of Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment are accused of killing 24 Iraqis that day. Prosecutors contend that they went on a vengeful rampage against civilians, while defense attorneys portray the deaths as sad but justified in the heat of battle.

Yesterday, Marshall recounted what Tatum told the investigative service about the second home he cleared during the Haditha incident.

Tatum heard M-16 rifle fire coming from a room that Staff Sgt. Frank Wuterich had just entered. Then Tatum rushed to Wuterich's aid.

“He rolled into the room and began picking out targets. He ID'd them as women and children,” Marshall testified. “He was very remorseful about it and very contrite, to the point that he cried.”

Tatum's attorneys don't want the statements their client gave to the investigative service to be admitted as court evidence.

If it's all a lie or a hoax, why is it that four Marines and a Navy sailor have already pleaded guilty and received jail sentences ranging from one year to eight years?

Surely a liberal profesor would understand this..... If the defendent/lawyer did not feel confertable they will plead out, but surely you would understand this????:S:S considering the party you reprosent,

and he wasn't sure he could have handled being the executioner of a 13 year old girl. I am glad most of our soldiers have that sort of good judgment - but as you mentioned, that's the situation we put ourselves in by going to war and killing tens of thousands of innocent people (accidentally, of course.)

Those 13 year olds (and their brothers and sisters) will grow up to be the next Mohamed Attas. We will, unfortunately, reap what we have sown.

You amaze me bill....................So just because you have one friend that does not agree with the war you want to tell us how sorry we are. i promise i many more people that agree with the war than you can produse that have your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bet i have more people that work for me that agree with me than you know.............. Those that you talk about are called radical musliams./....................... and nothing you or i can do about what they they think about us!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Our invasion of Iraq has done nothing but help the good people of Iraq.

Yep. Especially the 80,000 innocent Iraqis that were killed "accidentally" as a result of our invasion. Why, we've helped them even more than the 9/11 terrorists helped the workers in the Twin Towers.

Once agian you amaze me bill.

A friend of mine came back from Afghanistan with a hole in his leg put there by a 13 year old sniper. She had apparently killed a few other US troops before they got to her. He did not kill her, although he had a chance to do so. He told me that he was glad he hadn't, because he was already dealing with a lot of the horror he saw over there, and he wasn't sure he could have handled being the executioner of a 13 year old girl.

How sad your friend would rather die than protect himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I promice you that me and many other soldiers would protect our selfs instead of being killed by a 13 year old............... i have a few daughters but that does not matter.....but think you confuse real life with video games or somthing............:S:S I will kill anybody that intends to harm me,,, That is corect i did not studer

You have to agree that after we spent billions in the 1980's it was irresponsible for us to just leave w/o providing and support or guidance. That's my point. Our lack of a post war game plan in way helped bring about such an extremist group as the Taliban. Even though Pakistan did aide them.

You are ignorant to believe that the Taliban was created by the USA. Try agian....................... Never mind i dont have the time to explane,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,try reading history...........................

You have to agree that after we spent billions in the 1980's it was irresponsible for us to just leave w/o providing and support or guidance. That's my point. Our lack of a post war game plan in way helped bring about such an extremist group as the Taliban. Even though Pakistan did aide them.

Hang on we maid the taliban the way they are but we should have provided suport like we are now?????? but the suport we are providing is causing them to be the way they are???????>:(:S:S:S:S Sounds like you are a liberal???????? Just quit beating around the bush and tell us that we are wrong no matter how many facts we pressent.

>Wow your friend does not kill combatants that have just killed
>fellow servicemen, and even shot him?

Nope. He's a better man than most people here, apparently.

>Or this is BS.

He'd get a kick out of hearing you say that! Perhaps you're one of those people who has to stick their finger in the hole before you believe them.

Sounds like he is a more ignorant man that me!!!!!!!!

O.K. im sorry it really sounds like he is a more liberal man than most:D...........by the way i am very proud of being VERY CONSERVATIVE!!!!!! If you or anyone try to kill me i promise my conservitive gun carying NRA ass will shoot you dead.:):D:ph34r:

The spelling and general grammer is shitty enough. Don't we have rules for morons who have more than one screenname?

Flooding a thread with posts do not make you any less wrong.

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC