yjumpinoz

Christmas vs. Holiday

I think we have you on this one. Ready?

Well then who created Santa, huh? Huh! HUH?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I have nothing against "Christian" traditions at all. Just quit claiming annexed traditions as exclusively Christian and that non-Christians who like lighted trees in their homes and who send greetings cards to ther family and friends in the winter are somehow hypocrites.

What I said and what you claim I said are quite different. It's about reading comprehension... some thing you, jakee and champu could all improve on. :S

I'm guessing you (all) misread my posts because taking them at face value would require you to set aside your prejudices.

When no-one that reads your posts understands what you meant, it is because you are writing them wrong.

Learn to express yourself clearly and you'll stop running into problems.;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What I said and what you claim I said are quite different. It's about reading comprehension... some thing you, jakee and champu could all improve on. :S

I'm guessing you (all) misread my posts because taking them at face value would require you to set aside your prejudices.

When no-one that reads your posts understands what you meant, it is because you are writing them wrong.

Learn to express yourself clearly and you'll stop running into problems.;)

No one understood what I meant? Are you omniscient? :o

Well then who created Santa, huh? Huh! HUH?

Why... it was the Holy AN-2 of course.

No no no.

Chuck Norris uses the AN-2 when he wants to get somewhere slower than it would normally take him.

Why would he want to do that?

Who knows?

The answer to that last question is Chuck Norris.
This ad space for sale.

>No one understood what I meant? Are you omniscient?

No, he was just reading what you wrote. (You claimed "I'm guessing you (all) misread my posts . . .")

Try again. ;)

OK, what DID you write, then?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The answer to that last question is Chuck Norris.

Actually the answer is 42...:ph34r:
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hmm, I notice you neglected to mention we were 'misunderstanding' you until you'd comprehensively lost the argument. Strangely enough you haven't attempted to clarify your actual meaning either.

Co-incidence, or cause and effect?:P

Hmm, I notice you neglected to mention we were 'misunderstanding' you until you'd comprehensively lost the argument. Strangely enough you haven't attempted to clarify your actual meaning either.

If it makes you feel better, you can make whatever unsupportable claims you feel like.

Cheers. :P

If it makes you feel better, you can make whatever unsupportable claims you feel like.

Cheers. [Tongue]

It is a tactic I learned from you;)

Of course in this case a simple read through of the thread is all the support I need.:)

(Oh btw - still no mention of what you really meant?)

Okay, Sport,

Hmm, I notice you neglected to mention we were 'misunderstanding' you until you'd comprehensively lost the argument.

What are you talking about?

I've never used the term "misunderstand" here - at least not that I recall. Why do you think I "neglected" to use a ploy I've never used?

Lost the argument? What are you talking about? Specifically?

Strangely enough you haven't attempted to clarify your actual meaning either.

Again.. what are you talking about? SPECIFICALLY?

This seems completely random. What are you talking about?

I doubt you will actually answer my questions, but maybe you'll surprise me.

And remember, a response isn't necessarily the same as an answer. ;)

I've never used the term "misunderstand" here - at least not that I recall. Why do you think I "neglected" to use a ploy I've never used?

Post #70. After 3 pages of debate in which you argued against the viewpoints of myself, kallend and Champu you decided that we were misreading (I took that to mean deliberately misunderstanding) you. Our arguments had been consistent throughout the exchange - why did you only then point out that you meant something different?

Strangely enough you haven't attempted to clarify your actual meaning either.

Again.. what are you talking about? SPECIFICALLY?

You claim we misread your posts. So clarify what we did not understand and what you meant to say.

Co-incidence, or cause and effect?

I am insinuating that when you realised we had answered you with valid points you could not contest, you changed tack and pretended you were talking about something else all along.

The line itself comes from and old TV sketch show. Can't remember what the sketch was about, I just like the way it sounds.

Boo!:o

A clear admission that you have no case at all and are just trying to snow everyone.

Thanks for confirming it.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Post #70. After 3 pages of debate in which you argued against the viewpoints of myself, kallend and Champu you decided that we were misreading (I took that to mean deliberately misunderstanding) you. Our arguments had been consistent throughout the exchange - why did you only then point out that you meant something different?

Admittedly, I did claim you three "misunderstood" my posts. Excuse me while I wipe egg off my face.

Getting back to the points being discussed, some of you have essentially claimed that because some Christmas traditions were adopted from other celebrations, they lack legitimacy as Christmas traditions. I think that is an idiotic claim and I explained why. Of course, Champu just said it was false and offered nothing more.

Then Kallend said:

Just quit claiming annexed traditions as exclusively Christian

It's a charge based on a lie. That's what caused me to respond with:

What I said and what you claim I said are quite different.

Co-incidence, or cause and effect?

I am insinuating that when you realised we had answered you with valid points you could not contest, you changed tack and pretended you were talking about something else all along.

The line itself comes from and old TV sketch show. Can't remember what the sketch was about, I just like the way it sounds.

Kudos for owning up.

Boo!:o

Good job.

A clear admission that you have no case at all and are just trying to snow everyone.

Thanks for confirming it.:)

My point to Bill was that his implication lacked validity, not that he misquoted me.

Sorry you missed that.

Your presumptive follow up posts come across as pretty asinine. I'm not sure if they confirm anything. ;)

It seems that the trend in getting rid of Christ from Christmas is to go to wishing people a Happy Holiday. But doesn't the word actually come from Holy day? I would sure hate to offend an agnostic or atheist by wishing them anything to do with a "religion". Maybe the ACLU could come up with something more generic.

I wish you a joyous Festivus.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.