sundevil777

Voting preference of the military

When the 2000 election recount wars were on, the Dems were making it clear they thought the military clearly supported the Repubs and Bush. So much so that they sought to disqualify their overseas absentee votes because they didn't have a postmark (impossible for it to have by the way because of how the post office handles their mail). That was of course another example of how the libs hold the military in contempt.

I believe they still are likely to vote in favor of Repubs, although probably not to the 80% margin that was figured in 2000.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps they've done a big shift to the liberals. If not, then what is wrong with the military that they don't agree with the libs?

If I'm not wrong, what is wrong with the libs that the can't understand what those doing the fighting understand?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps they've done a big shift to the liberals.
> If not, then what is wrong with the military that they don't agree with
> the libs?

There's nothing 'wrong' with the military, just because they disagree with a certain philosophy.

>If I'm not wrong, what is wrong with the libs that the can't understand
>what those doing the fighting understand?

There's nothing 'wrong' with liberals, just because they disagree with a certain philosophy.

>Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps they've done a big shift to the liberals.
> If not, then what is wrong with the military that they don't agree with
> the libs?

There's nothing 'wrong' with the military, just because they disagree with a certain philosophy.

>If I'm not wrong, what is wrong with the libs that the can't understand
>what those doing the fighting understand?

There's nothing 'wrong' with liberals, just because they disagree with a certain philosophy.

Ah yes, one would think. But dems claim that Bush's policy is motivated by greed/power/oil/revenge for dad's attempted assassination/etc.

Damn, there's got to be something wrong with people that would be motivated by all that! Either that or there's something wrong with the people making the hate filled accusations.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Liberals are the evil gay leftie commies incarnate.... didnt you get the right wing memo... that is why they always trot out the same devisive issues that energize the same BASE....:S:S:S

When the 2000 election recount wars were on, the Dems were making it clear they thought the military clearly supported the Repubs and Bush. So much so that they sought to disqualify their overseas absentee votes because they didn't have a postmark (impossible for it to have by the way because of how the post office handles their mail). That was of course another example of how the libs hold the military in contempt.

I believe they still are likely to vote in favor of Repubs, although probably not to the 80% margin that was figured in 2000.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps they've done a big shift to the liberals. If not, then what is wrong with the military that they don't agree with the libs?

If I'm not wrong, what is wrong with the libs that the can't understand what those doing the fighting understand?

I expect they will not be voting for Kerry. Not that he's a candidate, but that doesn't seem to matter this week.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Kerry is a top leader of the dem party.

I understand that you'd like to not recognize that the military by such a huge margin did not support him, even though he was a veteran that had served in Vietnam, even though he was brave enough to throw his medals over the fence, but then he said he didn't, but won't show them...

The fact that the military didn't support the last Dem candidate for president is a huge indicator of where they as a group stand on the issues.

I think is a great indiocator at how Karl Rove can spin a tale.. like the push polls and Sen McCains illegitamate child...etc.. Tell a lie enough.. and have a group of people willing to believe the lies hook line and sinker because of ideology.... and voila.

mabye some will shift to Democrats. Democrats aren't necessarily the same thing as Liberals. there are conservative democrats too.

no no no!!! there are no middle grounds in politics!!! either you are a bleeding heart liberal wuss, or a gunnut homo-hating republican pig!!!

:|

MB 3528, RB 1182

>But dems claim that Bush's policy is motivated by
>greed/power/oil/revenge for dad's attempted assassination/etc.

Well, that's as true as saying that the GOP believes Muslims are evil terrorists bent on world domination. I'm sure some GOPers actually think that way, but most don't.

In general, when there are two possible explanations, and one involves conspiracy, avarice, malice and cunning, and the other one involves garden variety stupidity - Occam's Razor wins every time.

I think is a great indiocator at how Karl Rove can spin a tale.. like the push polls and Sen McCains illegitamate child...etc.. Tell a lie enough.. and have a group of people willing to believe the lies hook line and sinker because of ideology.... and voila.

How did Karl Rove get into this discussion. Did Rove get Gore's people to try to invalidate the overseas military absentee ballots?

The line about telling a lie long enough goes both ways, and exactly what lie from what I've said are you going on about? It would seem you're saying the majority of military are gullible to the supposed lie...that's OK, I don't mind libs showing their true feelings.

Well, that's as true as saying that the GOP believes Muslims are evil terrorists bent on world domination. I'm sure some GOPers actually think that way, but most don't.

That is exactly the preaching of the Islamofacist leadership. The average muslim is not turning against the facists in their midst.

I think Islamofacist is a perfectly appropriate word to describe them. They are facist, and they do it in the name of their religion. It doesn't matter if you say a true Muslim wouldn't do such things, the ones that are doing it are doing it in the name of their religion. This also means that Christianfacist would apply to the Inquisition, and also to abortion center bombers, but the important difference is that the inquisition was hundreds of years ago, and the abortion center bombers are aggressively pursued, punished, and very few support their actions.

>I think Islamofacist is a perfectly appropriate word to describe them.

When one watches some tired hack on the platform mechanically repeating the familiar phrases -- bestial atrocities, iron heel, bloodstained tyranny, free peoples of the world, stand shoulder to shoulder -- one often has a curious feeling that one is not watching a live human being but some kind of dummy . . . And this is not altogether fanciful. A speaker who uses that kind of phraseology has gone some distance toward turning himself into a machine.

. . .

The word Fascism has now no meaning except in so far as it signifies "something not desirable."

George Orwell
Politics and the English Language

Impressing yourself and your liberal soul mates with quotations from fictional books will do nothing to reduce the threat we face.

But perhaps that reveals the prime issue separating us. Many feel that the threat has been inflated, that fear mongering for political purposes is the threat to be defeated. I say that the enemy is not us and that it is time to choose sides.

Perhaps Jimmy Carter will go on a self assigned diplomatic mission, returning with some promise and he can then declare, "Peace in our time".

You can take your history lessons from Orwell, Neville Chamberlain and the like, I'll prefer to take lessons from the likes of Winston Churchill and his non-fiction book The Gathering Storm. As you might remember, much of the free world would not recognize the very real threat looming.

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Here is the answer which I will give to President Roosevelt... We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire. Neither the sudden shock of battle nor the long-drawn trials of vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.
Sir Winston Churchill, Radio speech, 1941

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Here is the answer which I will give to President Roosevelt... We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire. Neither the sudden shock of battle nor the long-drawn trials of vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.

Too bad we didn't do that with Al Quaeda, instead of getting distracted & starting that world-wide terrorist-recruiting factory in Iraq.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I get the feeling you've never been in the military. If so, you would understand that there is a severe brainwashing process they call basic training and although they never raise the Republican banners, they make it clear which side supports the military and which side supports the faggot commies, or so they would have you think.

Let's face it, how many 18 YO's know shit about politics, so they get the young dummies (me and most of them at that time) to play ball and be a team player. When I entered, Reagan gave us a double pay raise the first year, then gave us 0 the next. Clinton's pay raises for his entire 8 years was > Reagan's by a fair margin, but you wouldn't have known that by listening to the rhetoric.

How did Karl Rove get into this discussion?

I was wondering the same thing.

Ah yes, one would think. But dems claim that Bush's policy is motivated by greed/power/oil/revenge for dad's attempted assassination/etc.

Damn, there's got to be something wrong with people that would be motivated by all that! Either that or there's something wrong with the people making the hate filled accusations.

Well when the motivation for war is so obviously fabricated, you're left to wonder why. The ties to oil, ties to Halliburton and all the rest makes you not wonder why the debt has matched 12 years of Reagan/Bush's then record 12 year run, in just 6 years.

The above 3 stooges don't care about the future of the country, or they wouldn't have given away the country to the corporations, so answer me this: What was the motivation for war, handing over prescription meds to teh corps and all the other goodies?

Kerry is a top leader of the dem party.

I understand that you'd like to not recognize that the military by such a huge margin did not support him, even though he was a veteran that had served in Vietnam, even though he was brave enough to throw his medals over the fence, but then he said he didn't, but won't show them...

The fact that the military didn't support the last Dem candidate for president is a huge indicator of where they as a group stand on the issues.

And here I thought it was Dean????? Hmmmmm.

That is exactly the preaching of the Islamofacist leadership. The average muslim is not turning against the facists in their midst.

I think Islamofacist is a perfectly appropriate word to describe them. They are facist, and they do it in the name of their religion. It doesn't matter if you say a true Muslim wouldn't do such things, the ones that are doing it are doing it in the name of their religion. This also means that Christianfacist would apply to the Inquisition, and also to abortion center bombers, but the important difference is that the inquisition was hundreds of years ago, and the abortion center bombers are aggressively pursued, punished, and very few support their actions.

And I think we can comfortably call the US gov, corporate fiscal fascists. ISn;t it fun to trade "F" words?

>I think Islamofacist is a perfectly appropriate word to describe them.

When one watches some tired hack on the platform mechanically repeating the familiar phrases -- bestial atrocities, iron heel, bloodstained tyranny, free peoples of the world, stand shoulder to shoulder -- one often has a curious feeling that one is not watching a live human being but some kind of dummy . . . And this is not altogether fanciful. A speaker who uses that kind of phraseology has gone some distance toward turning himself into a machine.

. . .

The word Fascism has now no meaning except in so far as it signifies "something not desirable."

George Orwell

George Orwell

When referring to Italian Fascism, yes. But there is neo-fascism which is largely corporatism that has made a string rebound thanks to Reagan and friends.

one often has a curious feeling that one is not watching a live human being but some kind of dummy .

Please, no tangent to Bush, stay on topic. :P

Impressing yourself and your liberal soul mates with quotations from fictional books will do nothing to reduce the threat we face.

But perhaps that reveals the prime issue separating us. Many feel that the threat has been inflated, that fear mongering for political purposes is the threat to be defeated. I say that the enemy is not us and that it is time to choose sides.

Perhaps Jimmy Carter will go on a self assigned diplomatic mission, returning with some promise and he can then declare, "Peace in our time".

You can take your history lessons from Orwell, Neville Chamberlain and the like, I'll prefer to take lessons from the likes of Winston Churchill and his non-fiction book The Gathering Storm. As you might remember, much of the free world would not recognize the very real threat looming.

Sir Winston Churchill, Radio speech, 1941

Right, it's gong to take voter turnout to elminate the party that loves to jack uo the debt to eliminate that threat.

Exactly, inflating. The debt has increased double-time over what Reagan/Bush did, so it is inflating. Defeat the threat? Yes, vote them out and let the Dems knock down the threat for the next free-spending Repub to set new highs.