billvon

Mark Foley sinking both sides

I just heard on NPR that Foley is now claiming, in addition to being an alcoholic in need of recovery (possibly with the Scientologists!), he was also molested by an 'unnamed' clergy member as a child, and he's gay.

So clearly he's a victim and it's not his fault, right!?
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

It seems that you want to continue to ignore the fact that the emails are separate from the IMs. I think you should apologize for not separating those issues in previous posts, instead of continuing to intentionally mislead.

He admitted to knowing about the emails, as did newspapers, ABC, FBI...
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>It seems that you want to continue to ignore the fact that the
>emails are separate from the IMs.

And some IM's are separate from other IM's. The emails were described by a page as "sick sick sick" although the ones released so far have not been nearly as bad as the IM's.

So yes, they are all connected. They are not all the same.

And some IM's are separate from other IM's. The emails were described by a page as "sick sick sick" although the ones released so far have not been nearly as bad as the IM's.

I think it very likely that the page, when describing the "sick" emails, was actually describing the IMs? Of course I haven't seen the emails, but many others have and said they are not explicit.

I think you earlier acknowledged that the emails were not damning, but keep getting back to a very misleading representation of the story so far. It seems you want to mislead.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>I think it very likely that the page, when describing the "sick" emails,
>was actually describing the IMs?

Nope, was describing the emails. All the emails - including the one where he described them as 'sick' - are dated 2005. You may decide they are not sick (or in your words damning) but the page thought they were - and I would tend to place more credence in his opinion than yours.

> It seems you want to mislead.

Fortunately, this is the age of information, and anyone who wants to can look up facts on the story and come to their own conclusions. (Which makes the job of spin control a LOT harder.)

Bill,

I wholeheartedly agree. Very well put.

As I see it is both parties are losing because the American Public is not as stupid as Congress would like to think they are and they are fed up with the corruption, greed and abuse of power from both sides of aisle.

The sad part is, the really honorable congressperson gets lost in all this muck.

Chris

I see your point, but when the other side keeps pushing, as with passing rules like outlawing the filibuster, or threatening to if you don't pass their nominee, then there is no rational reaction, just vindication.

You're right, the losers are the people.

I like this post of yours much better.

Focus on the actions of the offending individual. Watch out for 'anyone' of any party that does the same as him. Keep the party line politics out it.

I bet both parties have another "Foley" at a minimum right now. No need to wait 'ten years'.

I'll see your Foley and raise you an Ollie North.

Naw, you have your Foley hanging out, so don't transpose it to us.

>It means they don't get it and will continue to lose elections.

Oh, I suspect they will pick up a few seats in both houses this time. Not because they 'get it' but because the GOP can seem to do little lately but shoot itself in the foot. The democrats may not have much in the way of plans/policies, but at least their feet are mostly intact.

Dems platform: We're not the Republicans, we're the other guys ;)

but because the GOP can seem to do little lately but shoot itself in the foot.

Or in Chaney's case, shoot your friends in teh face.

>he was also molested by an 'unnamed' clergy member as a child, and he's gay.

Wow. And to think I just came across the picture below:
(can anyone identify these two men and what they have in common?)

(can anyone identify these two men and what they have in common?)

Hastert and Foley

1) They both like little boys

2) They are both holding their breath, or are otherwise making the same stupid faces

I don't see an apology in there >:(

>We're not the Republicans, we're the other guys

That's basically been the democrat's platform for several years now. Up until recently, it hasn't been working. But as an alternative to Cunningham/Delay/Ney/Foley/Hastert/Reynolds/Abramoff? They're starting to look better.

I just heard on NPR that Foley is now claiming, in addition to being an alcoholic in need of recovery (possibly with the Scientologists!), he was also molested by an 'unnamed' clergy member as a child, and he's gay.

Nah... he needs to change parties before anyone will believe that....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's basically been the democrat's platform for several years now. Up until recently, it hasn't been working. But as an alternative to Cunningham/Delay/Ney/Foley/Hastert/Reynolds/Abramoff? They're starting to look better.

You know, I almost started typing a joke: "Oh, yeah? well nothing looks better than _____________" -- and then I stopped dead in my tracks and remembered one of the forum's Cardinal Rules: No jokes about that. None.

This thread (and its similarly-worded cousin) is setting everybody up for failure.

You know, I almost started typing a joke: "Oh, yeah? well nothing looks better than _____________" -- and then I stopped dead in my tracks and remembered one of the forum's Cardinal Rules: No jokes about that. None.

This thread (and its similarly-worded cousin) is setting everybody up for failure.

What were you going to write?

As for everyone's failure, do you think ousting one of the worst admins in history is a bad thing? Even if the dreaded Hillary was in lace, remember, she started life as a distinct Republican leader in college. Her dad was a strong military man.

I just don;t get how were set up for failure when we are in such a debt situation due to the last 3 Republican presidents, who were either related by blood or by administration. Even if we had the worst of the worst, in your opinion, how is it that we will be in trouble?

>Give it 20 years and it will be ok to do your page on lunch break the way were going as long as they are 13 or older.

I recall several people on this site stating they thought a very low age of consent to be just fine. I disagree, just recall those posts.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

that's the formula for success

apparently, he's switched political parties and is looking for locations where this could get political momentum to get him back in office. Several European countries, California and a couple other states have expressed interest

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

that's the formula for success

apparently, he's switched political parties and is looking for locations where this could get political momentum to get him back in office. Several European countries, California and a couple other states have expressed interest

Sorta looking to outsource his talents, eh? Like David Hasselhoff.

You missed the part about Foley being a holier-than-thou GOP hypocrite, member of the party that wants to impose its morality on everyone else.

Holy crap! You mean Foley is a Republican? You wouldn't know that from the coverage on the Goebbels channel. (see attached);)

You missed the part about Foley being a holier-than-thou GOP hypocrite, member of the party that wants to impose its morality on everyone else.

Holy crap! You mean Foley is a Republican? You wouldn't know that from the coverage on the Goebbels channel. (see attached);)

uh ... yeah, that picture was photshopped by dems trying to destroy the fair and balanced rep of fox news.
This ad space for sale.

As opposed to the Marx(ist) channel, I suppose?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706