EricTheRed

Mark Foley

Make sure and keep a towel handy for yourself. Drool is so unbecoming

Wow.. how do you guys get away with those....

I would be banned for life:o

:D:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Make sure and keep a towel handy for yourself. Drool is so unbecoming:P

Two responses to my one post? You are slipping.

If rush says "yeah, slipping in your drool" I'll send a contribution to the 'save the Amazon fund"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sure, difference is that I am willing to talk, meaning my party has nothng to be embarrased about and my party is on the way up. Buh-bye, enjoy it down there.

Exactly, people in your party have no shame. That's exactly what keeps them out of power.

Be prepared for Karl Roves October Surprise. I hear it's going to be a good one. :D:D

It is now being reported that Brian Ross of ABC new of this in August of this year. So, we must let the children suffer until October because of ???????

This whole thing is coming apart (Foley is scum and will get what he deserves) in front of thier eyes.

I knew this was going to be fun to watch:D

I have no doubt about the timing of this nor do I think this is the only scandal that will come to light before the elections. The Dems have been doing pretty badly in the polls lately and this is their "October Surprise" or at least the first stage of it. I think it's going to backfire on them.

Unfortunately, this type of dirty politics is played by both sides and distracts from the real issues like Nat'l Defense etc. This is the way the game is played like it of not. I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. :|

Unfortunately, this type of dirty politics is played by both sides and distracts from the real issues like Nat'l Defense etc. This is the way the game is played like it of not. I don't see it getting any better anytime soon

I don't think anyone can argue with this part!!

Abraham Lincoln

Sure, difference is that I am willing to talk, meaning my party has nothng to be embarrased about and my party is on the way up. Buh-bye, enjoy it down there.

Exactly, people in your party have no shame. That's exactly what keeps them out of power.

Be prepared for Karl Roves October Surprise. I hear it's going to be a good one. :D:D

It is now being reported that Brian Ross of ABC new of this in August of this year. So, we must let the children suffer until October because of ???????

This whole thing is coming apart (Foley is scum and will get what he deserves) in front of thier eyes.

I knew this was going to be fun to watch:D

Interesting how quickly it goes from supposition and "it's being reported that..." to facts in your mind.

What we know as FACTS are that Foley is a hypocritical pedophile, and that the GOP leadership DID know about it before it became public. Just about everything else is conjecture.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Fact, we now know Brian Ross knew of this in August (he has admitted it)
Fact, the FBI said the emails given them showed no reason to investigate (months ago)

Fact, the timing of all of this is suspect at best.

(Foley is scum and desreves what is coming to him)

Theory, Dems don't like not being in power and will lower themselves to what ever level to regain power

Fact, if a Dem does it then sensure is enough. If a repub does it they are all guilty

Just like Rove and Cheany you get to watch this one slip away as an issue..

This is fun
Abraham Lincoln

What we know as FACTS are that Foley is a hypocritical pedophile, and that the GOP leadership DID know about it before it became public.

Wrong.

You know darn well that there are 2 separate sets of messages.

One of them is damning, one is not.

For you to continue to pretend they are all in one group is intentionally deceptive.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

When it is discovered who really held on to the messages, I don't think it will slip away as an issue.

Lots of time left to find out the truth.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

When it is discovered who really held on to the messages, I don't think it will slip away as an issue.

Lots of time left to find out the truth.

True
Abraham Lincoln

What we know as FACTS are that Foley is a hypocritical pedophile, and that the GOP leadership DID know about it before it became public.

Wrong.

You know darn well that there are 2 separate sets of messages.

One of them is damning, one is not.

For you to continue to pretend they are all in one group is intentionally deceptive.

Fascinating watching you guys thrash around trying to cast blame anywhere except where it's due.

Fascinating watching you guys thrash around trying to cast blame anywhere except where it's due.

In my opintion, your fascination with supposed thrashing is not interesting enough to warrant a post. :D

I'm just predicting about the outcome - who will actually have known about the IMs and when.

You continue to want to believe it is a slam dunk for dems. If this story had come out a few days before the election, it would have been better timing. Maybe they'll do better next time, making sure there isn't time enough to dig into the real truth.

In my opintion, your fascination with supposed thrashing is not interesting enough to warrant a post. :D

I'm just predicting about the outcome - who will actually have known about the IMs and when.

You continue to want to believe it is a slam dunk for dems. If this story had come out a few days before the election, it would have been better timing. Maybe they'll do better next time, making sure there isn't time enough to dig into the real truth.

I don't usually agree with the Washington Times (liberal rag;)), but this time they got it right:
www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20061002-102008-9058r.htm

They got it wrong.

The original emails are not damning.

They are just as quick to jump to a conclusion as you.

There is enough time to find the truth.

Repubs are very eager to find who knew what and when. Dems seem eager to hold onto the initial, false conclusions.

They got it wrong.

The original emails are not damning.

They are just as quick to jump to a conclusion as you.

There is enough time to find the truth.

Repubs are very eager to find who knew what and when. Dems seem eager to hold onto the initial, false conclusions.

It's just great that YOU are in possession of the truth.

Foley's interview on child exploitation:
clicky

>Many of the Republican Senators voted against removal of Clinton too.

Here's a (fairly ironic) quote from someone who supported his impeachment:

"It's vile. It's more sad than anything else, to see someone with such potential throw it all down the drain because of a sexual addiction." (Mark Foley, R-West Palm Beach, 9/12/1998)

I don't usually agree with the Washington Times (liberal rag;)), but this time they got it right:
www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20061002-102008-9058r.htm

But is it really ;) for the right reasons?
I'm going to be cynical here - I think the Washington Times is calling for Hastert to resign out of political astuteness (disguised as actually caring about the issue) - Hastert has become a lightning rod in the run-up to the Election, and the Times has calculated (and I'm inclined to agree) that Hastert staying put will do more harm to the GOP at the polls than Hastert resigning now, while there's still another month to do some damage control.

"It's vile. It's more sad than anything else, to see someone with such potential throw it all down the drain because of a sexual addiction." (Mark Foley, R-West Palm Beach, 9/12/1998)

Ironic, sure. He was likely hating himself inside, you know what they say, wanting to get caught, passing laws to punish his own actions, etc.

Ironic, sure. He was likely hating himself inside, you know what they say, wanting to get caught, passing laws to punish his own actions, etc.

The simpler and more likely explanation is that he is a hypocrite.

The simpler and more likely explanation is that he is a hypocrite.

He can be both. Obviously he is a hypocrite.

If rush says "yeah, slipping in your drool" I'll send a contribution to the 'save the Amazon fund"

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2455417#2455417

Gee do you think if I would have used this to describe YOU.. I would have been banned... Its a very personal attack... so there is no equity here.

Perhaps you should quit whining about your little "issues". Just a hunch, but I don't think anybody really cares about it but you.