Darius11

Cost of war

Reminder:

Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11. So your whole post is based on BS.

Try again

No, it's deliberate right wing propaganda. If you tell the big lie often enough, people will believe it (paraphrased from Josef Goebbels).

Ansar al-Islam

Salman Pak

Sure, and Boston's existence proves that the US sponsored the 1974 IRA terrorist attack in Birmingham.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>What evidence do you have that terrorism would be down if we hadn't
>invaded Iraq?

The State Department recently released a report detailing how Iraq was becoming a breeding ground for terrorists due to the secterian violence. Saddam Hussein was a ruthless dictator who supressed such violence. Now that we are there and the country is tearing itself apart, we have created conditions ideal for the creation of new terrorists.

>Please provide proof that 100,000 Americans wouldn't have been
>dead right now instead of 2400 soldiers.

Easy:

--------------------
CIA’s final report: No WMD found in Iraq
Recommends freeing detainees held for weapons knowledge

Updated: 6:24 p.m. PT April 25, 2005
WASHINGTON - In his final word, the CIA’s top weapons inspector in Iraq said Monday that the hunt for weapons of mass destruction has “gone as far as feasible” and has found nothing, closing an investigation into the purported programs of Saddam Hussein that were used to justify the 2003 invasion.
---------------

Once again supporting the lie that WMDs were the only reason the US went into Iraq.:S

Changing your tune again. Yesterday you were claiming that there were WMDs. Now you're claiming that the non-existent WMDs weren't the sole reason for the invasion. What will be your line tomorrow in your unceasing attempts to defend this incompetent lying administration?

Maybe you should re-read Colin Powell's speech to the UN Security council justifying the invasion to see what the given reasons were. And then re-read his post-retirement comments on that speech. Then just shut-up with the revisionist history and Newsmax propaganda.

Ooohhhhh aren't we pissy today.

I haven't changed my tune at all. I have always said that WMDs were nto the ONLY reason we went into Iraq. You seem to think so (I quess) So it would apear that you are the revisionist here, not I. And go ahead and keep insulting sources that you do not agree with. It proves my point that liberal thinkers do not want to debate because they think they know every thing and have to take care of the conservatives cause they are not very smart.

As for Powell's speach. (the 1st one) I have read and heard them. He believed what he said to the UN concil along with nearly every other political talking head at the time and way previous to GWB (so that kills you Bush lied BS)

So, who should ahhh shut up?

Chill out man. Your going to give yourself a heart attack. You see, I can't can I? I am a conservative so I don't have a heart..........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Or would you have us spend that kind of money forever to keep them tied up? That would fiscally kill us, so that empty victory is fruitless.

Two years ago, I thought there might be some real victory at the end of the rainbow in Iraq, but I've since lost confidence in the entire government's ability to do that or anything else right. And in the coming sets of elections, we'll just elect more of the same.

So do you agree that keep AQ busy with killing GI's at the cost of 1 billion per week is a bad thing?

Once again supporting the lie that WMDs were the only reason the US went into Iraq.

That was the only lie that was given to us by the pres at that time. Are you agreeing that there was another agenda and the pres diguised that truth with the lie of WMD's?

What makes you think that Iraq caused 9/11? To the degree that it deserves what it is getting now, which is more attention than Afghanistan?

You can say he sponsored terrorism; however, others sponsored it too. Is it just that we decided to pick Iraq? It was their (un)lucky day?

There is not a significant amount of evidence supporting that Iraq had a causative effect on 9/11. They were not Iraqis. They were not trained (at least mostly) in Iraq. They were not funded (at least mostly) by Iraq. Iraq has not been calling for the destruction of the US.

War is not cool. It's not the "making of a man" or of a president. It's the worst of all possible ways to settle a difference, and should be the absolute last resort. It shouldn't just take "they told me I could, and I'm the president so I decided to." That's a stupid rationale.

Wendy W.

These kind of people see an Asian and think: Chinaman. They see a turban and think: Arab Terrorist.

Wow, you are a mind reader!:o

Got any idea what I am thinking now>:(

Gotta group up those that disagree. Typical tactic.....

It wasn't about mind reading, it was about racial stereotyping.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

After all, they're only America hating liberals.

Special. So if you dissent, you hate America.... pure genius. So those involved in the civil war were America-haters? Those involved with 50's-60's civil rights were America-haters? Those involved with women's rights in the 1920's (woman suffrage) were America-haters? Pure brilliance; dissent = America=haters.

Your going to give yourself a heart attack. You see, I can't can I? I am a conservative so I don't have a heart..........

Right, conservatives don't have a heart. And liberals hate America.

Everyone got that?
:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Reminder:

Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11. So your whole post is based on BS.

Try again

No, it's deliberate right wing propaganda. If you tell the big lie often enough, people will believe it (paraphrased from Josef Goebbels).

Ansar al-Islam

Salman Pak

Sure, and Boston's existence proves that the US sponsored the 1974 IRA terrorist attack in Birmingham.

That could be closer to the truth than you think:o

touche :$

Touche? That makes no sense since he was replying to you. Touche would work, in principal not application, if he were replying to me.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=touche

I am a conservative so I don't have a heart..........

Well, conservatoves do but it's located next their your wallet.:P

Oh that is why I am a wealthy man huh?

you know what? next time you generalize about peoples finances keep it to yourself ok?

BTW some of the wealthiest Americans are liberal an run corporations etc.

Oh I forgot liberals hate money

Touche would work, in principal not application, if he were replying to me.

Rushmc noted a the liberals tend to group of people into generalizations. Jakee replied with a generalization Rush uses on occasion - also demonstrating that both sides use it. Touche'

Touche' was appropriate.

Try and keep up. Speedracer is the only one here that's added any comment of value. The rest of the thread is just angry generalization - one after another.

Is something in the water today? did the rapture occur and the only ones left here are grumpy?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>BULL SHIT!

Well, there ya go. As long as you feel safer, I guess that's what matters. It's no fun to be scared.

Each year that passes without a successful attack on American soil is a day that makes you more wrong than you were the year before.

Because there was a long string of attacks on American soil that has been stopped as a result of efforts since 2001? :S

N equals what, 2? [:/]

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

touche :$

Touche? That makes no sense since he was replying to you. Touche would work, in principal not application, if he were replying to me.

I am saying he got me. I had not looked at it from that perspective. In other words, I conceded the point to him/her
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Because there was a long string of attacks on American soil that has been stopped as a result of efforts since 2001? :S

I concede the point because it hasn't been lvery long since the attacks, and nobody can say what "would've" happened anyway.

The point is MOOT. The point is MOOT.

. . =(_8^(1)

I think the big differnce between those you list and SH was he was exporting and supporting exporting terror activities. Aimed directly at the US.

Absolutely unbelievable. I can't believe that anyone is still reciting this line of crap. Your own leadership which you defend on a daily basis doesn't even say this shit. As for someone's previous post about al Qaeda in Iraq while Saddam was there, I'd just like to point out that that camp was in northern KURDISH territory, protected by the no fly zone that we imposed, and was under the control of Jalal Talibani........who is now the fucking PRESIDENT OF IRAQ!

>Once again supporting the lie that WMDs were the only reason the US went into Iraq.

Now the CIA is in league with the lying liberal press? Next thing you know, the right is going to claim that the insurgency is all liberals. "Who do you want to vote for - the republicans or the insurgents?"

>Once again supporting the lie that WMDs were the only reason the US went into Iraq.

Now the CIA is in league with the lying liberal press? Next thing you know, the right is going to claim that the insurgency is all liberals. "Who do you want to vote for - the republicans or the insurgents?"

Don't give them any ideas!

Once again supporting the lie that WMDs were the only reason the US went into Iraq.:S

You're right. First it was "WMD's" and "mushroom clouds". Then it was "WMD related programs".
Then "WMD related program activity".
Then it was "well he wanted WMD's"
Try to keep up.
But since it was a premeditated war in the first place what difference does the daily mutating official line make anyway?

Is something in the water today? did the rapture occur and the only ones left here are grumpy?

No, I don't think it occurred. Otherwise I'd be laughing my ass off at all those people with their hands in the air wondering why they still have their clothes on.
"Maybe their doing it by alphabetical order":D