CanuckInUSA

Home grown Islamic terrorism cell twarted in Toronto Canada

The RCMP and CSIS (Canada's equivalent to the CIA) have arrested 17 home grown Islamic extremist in the Toronto area and have confuscated 3 tonnes of ammonium nitrate (3 times what was used in the Oklahoma City bombings back in 1995). More about this story can be read here as well as here.

I am extremely happy that we caught this group of low life scum before they could bring their terror upon the population. But one has to wonder how many more cells are out there.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I just read this. So, is it ok to monitor your email and phone calls in the name of SECURITY? And do you think if the USA would stop trying to change the world this shit might cease? Me thinks some people in other cultures just want to be left alone. They don't want DEMOCRACY (McDonalds on every corner) shoved down their throats.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Me thinks some people in other cultures just want to be left alone.

Yes I agree I would like to be left alone.

But you're missing the point that these Islamic extremists who were arrested last night are either all Canadian citizens or people who have been in this country for many years now. And you're painting them as the poor oppressed victims? >:(

Me thinks some people in other cultures just want to be left alone. They don't want DEMOCRACY (McDonalds on every corner) shoved down their throats.

If I hated the USA as much as you obviously do, there's no way I'd continue to live here.

How do you do it? Must be a miserable experience.

. . =(_8^(1)

Me thinks some people in other cultures just want to be left alone. They don't want DEMOCRACY (McDonalds on every corner) shoved down their throats.

If I hated the USA as much as you obviously do, there's no way I'd continue to live here.

I think you might be confusing love of country with mistrust of goverment.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

But you're missing the point that these Islamic extremists who were arrested last night are either all Canadian citizens or people who have been in this country for many years now. And you're painting them as the poor oppressed victims? >:(

I ain't painting anything. Don't put words in my mouth. And have they been tried and convicted yet? I am presuming you have already tried them and found them guilty. Why not just have em transfered to Gitmo:P

I ain't painting anything. Don't put words in my mouth. And have they been tried and convicted yet? I am presuming you have already tried them and found them guilty. Why not just have em transfered to Gitmo:P

That could be arranged I am sure:o

. Trust me. I'm getting out of this country ASAP. Unless maybe DC gets nuked and we can go back to what this country was founded upon:P

have they been tried and convicted yet? I am presuming you have already tried them and found them guilty.

No the justice system doesn't work that fast. But these suspects did have their first day in court today and during their up and coming trials we will hear more details about who and what they were plotting to blow up.

Why not just have em transfered to Gitmo

I've got a better place I'd like to see them go to.

Me thinks some people in other cultures just want to be left alone

The same cultures that support the suicidal killing of over 3000 moms and dads? That showed up to go to work on 9/11? That's fundamentally where "we" are.

Wake up. There's a culture clash going on. And, apparently, it only takes a small fraction from that other culture to make this kind of splash.

Now, it's up to that other culture to turn the bad guys out. And, they're not doing that, last time I checked.
We are all engines of karma

I've got a better place I'd like to see them go to.

Yeah. The end of a 9MM pistol range :)

Actually I was thinking that we needed to set these poor oppressed people free ...set them free in Canada's far north where they can experience hell freezing over. :ph34r:

Trust me. I'm getting out of this country ASAP. Unless maybe DC gets nuked and we can go back to what this country was founded upon:P

Where to? Why?

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

One does have to wonder. Dimes to dollars says we've got Hezbollah sonsofbitches here in North America funded by the Iranians just waiting to strike. Worthless scumbags.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I am extremely happy that we caught this group of low life scum before they could bring their terror upon the population. But one has to wonder how many more cells are out there.

Our government in Canada has been quite complacent with respect to security so I would not be surprised to see that there are quite a few more out there.

Given that the Taliban just recently issued an ultimatum to Canada to get our troops out of Afghanistan I expect that this is not the last of it.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

One does have to wonder. Dimes to dollars says we've got Hezbollah sonsofbitches here in North America funded by the Iranians just waiting to strike. Worthless scumbags.

Not possible. The NSA snooping program would have identified them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Perhaps they have. Hope you sleep better knowing you might very well be alive right now because the NSA was able to identify a cell in the US.

Perhaps they have. Hope you sleep better knowing you might very well be alive right now because the NSA was able to identify a cell in the US.

Ha ha. I'd sleep better knowing our constitutional rights were intact and respected by a government that didn't lie to the people.

Ha ha. I'd sleep better knowing our constitutional rights were intact and respected by a government that didn't lie to the people.

Please tell me what right you have been denied by the government?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

It's not all about me. That's a Republican attitude.

They only admit to violations when someone leaks the information. No-one knew they were spying on citizens until last year (in fact the Prez himself had said they did not).

You actually have no idea what this government is doing, since it is so secretive.

It's not all about me. That's a Republican attitude.

They only admit to violations when someone leaks the information. No-one knew they were spying on citizens until last year (in fact the Prez himself had said they did not).

You actually have no idea what this government is doing, since it is so secretive.

Ah, another 26%er.