Skyrad

The war in Iraq is already lost

Sorry boss. So it looks like this is the second post that the majority have agreed with, hell I think I might just run for officeB|
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I came within 20 minutes of being on American Airlines Flight 11 that morning;

Holy close one batman. Please tell me you went and bought a lottery ticket after that.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

So now its looking ever more likely that even President Bush is coming around to beliving the war is lost and its just a matter of how long before we cut and run.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

> I came within 20 minutes of being on American Airlines Flight 11 that morning;

ohhh.... so sad.... *Sniffle... Im sure your the one believeing that the reason my good freinds are over there dieing is to stop that from ever happening again. I mean, im sure they believe that as well. the man can be kinda convincing savvy?.\ i mean, do you want revenge? thats cool. revenge is good. i like revenge.

But, new idea, How about YOU go put on some greens, grab a big gun, fly over there and exterminate the Heathans! do me a favor and tag out a few of the guys i went to highschool with, the ones that are still alive, so they can come home to there moms and pops and girlfreinds. Maybe the only people who should be out there dieing are the ones that are really into dieing 'for their country'. seriously, I dont need revenge when i put my freinds ashes away when they are killed in a plane crash. but when guys like you send my freinds to do the mans dirty work? then i need revenge.

> I came within 20 minutes of being on American Airlines Flight 11 that morning;

ohhh.... so sad.... *Sniffle... Im sure your the one believeing that the reason my good freinds are over there dieing is to stop that from ever happening again. I mean, im sure they believe that as well. the man can be kinda convincing savvy?.\ i mean, do you want revenge? thats cool. revenge is good. i like revenge.

But, new idea, How about YOU go put on some greens, grab a big gun, fly over there and exterminate the Heathans! do me a favor and tag out a few of the guys i went to highschool with, the ones that are still alive, so they can come home to there moms and pops and girlfreinds. Maybe the only people who should be out there dieing are the ones that are really into dieing 'for their country'. seriously, I dont need revenge when i put my freinds ashes away when they are killed in a plane crash. but when guys like you send my freinds to do the mans dirty work? then i need revenge.

If your post is indeed aimed at BillVon, I suggest you read his post again. You're confusing me...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Here's what "stay the course" has achieved:

34,000: The number of Iraqi physicians registered before the 2003 war.

18,000: The estimated number of Iraqi physicians who have left since the 2003 invasion.

2,000: The estimated number of Iraqi physicians murdered since 2003.

250: The number of Iraqi physicians kidnapped.

34: The number of reconstructive surgeons in Iraq before the 2003 invasion.

20: The number who have either been murdered of fled. 72 per cent of Iraqis needing reconstructive surgery are suffering from gunshot or blast wounds.

164: The number of nurses murdered - 77 wounded.

$243,000,000: The amount of money set aside by US administration to build 142 private health clinics in post-invasion Iraq.

20: The number of such clinics built by April 2006.

$0: The amount of money left over.

$1bn: The amount of money the US administration has spent on Iraq's healthcare system.

$8bn: The amount of money needed over the next 4 years to fund the health care system

70: the percentage of deaths among children caused by "easily treatable conditions" such as diarrhoea and respiratory illnesses.

270,000: The number of children born after 2003 who have had no immunisations.

68 per cent of Iraqis have no access to safe drinking water.

Meanwhile, there was good news of sorts for the Bush administration: their good news, cobbled together by Washington PR giants The Lincoln Group and thrust upon Iraqi papers with cash incentives, is legal.

The Associated Press reports:

The Defense Department inspector general's report said laws on psychological operations were followed when the military planted and paid for favorable stories in Iraqi newspapers, defense officials said Thursday. The report has been completed, but not yet released.

"Based on the available information ... the report found that (commanders in Iraq) complied with applicable psychological operations laws and regulations in their use of a contractor to conduct psy-ops and their use of newspapers as a way to disseminate information," said Col. Gary L. Keck, a Pentagon spokesman.

...The Lincoln Group was mired in controversy last year when it became known that it had been part of a U.S. military operation to run positive stories about U.S.-led coalition forces in Iraq.

Officials said last month that the public relations company has been awarded another multimillion dollar media contract -- this one to monitor English and Arabic media outlets and produce public relations-type products like talking points or speeches for U.S. forces in Iraq.

It all begs the question: has the "free" press in Iraq, trumpeted so often by the war's supporters and architects, merely mean mean a press that can be judged to comply with "applicable psychological operations laws and regulations"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Other effects of course are that we've diverted resources from Afghanistan to Iraq and allowed the Taliban and Al Quieda to strengthen recruit, regroup and take back ground.

Iraq has served as a rally point for terrorists around the world allowing them to train get active experience and then disperse back to the west to carry on their Jihad.

Its allowed North Korea to become a Nuclear Weapons state, at a time when we should have stopped them instead of attacking a country that possed no threat to us. Now we have a increased threat of Nuclear Terrorism.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Other effects of course are that we've diverted resources from Afghanistan to Iraq and allowed the Taliban and Al Quieda to strengthen recruit, regroup and take back ground.

Iraq has served as a rally point for terrorists around the world allowing them to train get active experience and then disperse back to the west to carry on their Jihad.

Its allowed North Korea to become a Nuclear Weapons state, at a time when we should have stopped them instead of attacking a country that possed no threat to us. Now we have a increased threat of Nuclear Terrorism.

But apart from those things, it's been a great success, right?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.