Gravitymaster

Koranic Tuna Caught

'Koranic' tuna inspires, awes Kenyan Muslims Sat May 13, 4:34 PM ET

MOMBASA, Kenya (AFP) - A tuna fish caught in the Indian Ocean this week has excited Kenyan Muslims who are flocking here by the hundreds to see a Koranic verse apparently embedded in its scales.

Dubbed the "wonder fish" by locals in this port city, the 2.5-kilo (5.5-pound) tuna has attracted so much attention it has been placed in the custody of the National Fisheries Department for safekeeping, officials said.

The otherwise ordinary fish caught the attention of fishmonger Omar Mohammed Awadh who pulled it out of a catch when he noticed what seemed to be Arabic writing among the scales near its tail, they said.

Arabic scholars examined the fish and determined the writing was a Koranic verse meaning "God is the greatest of all providers," said Hassan Mohamed Hassan, an education officer with the National Museums of Kenya in Mombasa.

"This has been confirmed as a verse from the Holy Koran," said Sheikh Mombasa Dor, the secretary-general of the Council of Imams and Preachers of Kenya.

"We believe that God brings these kinds of messages in many forms from time to time and that we should not only read the Holy Book, but practice what it says," he said.

Mombasa district commissioner Mohamed Maalim agreed.

"It is so clearly spelt," he said. "That is why we believe that Allah is sending a message to mankind."

Hundreds of Muslims and curiosity seekers flocked to Awadh's Takaungu Fresh Fish Shop to see the tuna on Friday, prompting concerns for its safety and its removal to a refrigerated locker at the fisheries department.

In March Muslims flocked to see a pair of fish found in a pet shop in the British city of Liverpool which appeared to bear the words "Allah" and "Mohammed" on their scales.

'Koranic' tuna inspires, awes Kenyan Muslims Sat May 13, 4:34 PM ET

MOMBASA, Kenya (AFP) - A tuna fish caught in the Indian Ocean this week has excited Kenyan Muslims who are flocking here by the hundreds to see a Koranic verse apparently embedded in its scales.

Dubbed the "wonder fish" by locals in this port city, the 2.5-kilo (5.5-pound) tuna has attracted so much attention it has been placed in the custody of the National Fisheries Department for safekeeping, officials said.

The otherwise ordinary fish caught the attention of fishmonger Omar Mohammed Awadh who pulled it out of a catch when he noticed what seemed to be Arabic writing among the scales near its tail, they said.

Arabic scholars examined the fish and determined the writing was a Koranic verse meaning "God is the greatest of all providers," said Hassan Mohamed Hassan, an education officer with the National Museums of Kenya in Mombasa.

"This has been confirmed as a verse from the Holy Koran," said Sheikh Mombasa Dor, the secretary-general of the Council of Imams and Preachers of Kenya.

"We believe that God brings these kinds of messages in many forms from time to time and that we should not only read the Holy Book, but practice what it says," he said.

Mombasa district commissioner Mohamed Maalim agreed.

"It is so clearly spelt," he said. "That is why we believe that Allah is sending a message to mankind."

Hundreds of Muslims and curiosity seekers flocked to Awadh's Takaungu Fresh Fish Shop to see the tuna on Friday, prompting concerns for its safety and its removal to a refrigerated locker at the fisheries department.

In March Muslims flocked to see a pair of fish found in a pet shop in the British city of Liverpool which appeared to bear the words "Allah" and "Mohammed" on their scales.

WTF did it say? "what's the best tuna?, chicken of the sea?":D

kinda the the burned grilled cheese samich w/ the catholic thing sold on E bay. Fuckin morons

Yup. Here's the part of the story that has me puzzled.

They put it in a refrigerator for it's safety? [:/]

-

Come on, you know, it wouldn't be readable if it rotted. :P

Are there pictures? If you examine a hundred tuna, can you find letters of their alphabet spelling words on many of them? Maybe their letters are shapes that are common on fish?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Speaking of irony, what I find ironic is that people will believe apparitions in their own religion, but dismiss apparitions in other religions.

Really? I just find that to be common sense, in a slightly twisted fashion. Think about it, your god (whoever he is) could obviously conjure up an apparition without any difficulty. Their god doesn't exist, how could he possibly make holy images appear?

I would also be quite surprised if any of the posters in this thread so far believe in christian apparitions either.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Speaking of irony, what I find ironic is that people will believe apparitions in their own religion, but dismiss apparitions in other religions.

If you're referring to me, I haven't dismissed it, nor do I. I was just pointing out the ironic juxtapositioning that I found funny.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

If you're referring to me, I haven't dismissed it, nor do I. I was just pointing out the ironic juxtapositioning that I found funny.

Ciels-
Michele

There was a lady here in Texas, that claims the face of Jesus is on a tortilla she has.

Chuck

No, I wasn't saying you were doing that, just saying that your post did make me think about the irony factor.

There was a lady here in Texas, that claims the face of Jesus is on a tortilla she has.

My stars! First it's "the God gene", now it's "the Jesus chip"!
What's next?

I can see it now: "My laptop has a Jesus chip. Now it thinks it's the son of Univac."

My stars! First it's "the God gene", now it's "the Jesus chip"!
What's next?

I can see it now: "My laptop has a Jesus chip. Now it thinks it's the son of Univac."

:o :D

Chuck