NelKel

Do I have the right to check green cards

Either pay the fucking tax, get the fuck out of my country, get yor ass kicked by me. Good enough for you NW?

got some energy about this topic. that's good, and bad.

if you want someone to crack down on immigration and start arresting people, the people you want to talk are local law enforcement. plain and simple.

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V126/N18/18long4.html

"In more than a dozen jurisdictions, officials have invoked a little-used 1996 federal law to seek special federal training in immigration enforcement for their officers."
"In Costa Mesa, Calif., for example, in Orange County, the city council last year shut down a day laborer job center that had operated for 17 years, and this year authorized its police department to begin training officers to pursue illegal immigrants — a job previously left to federal agents."

any and all skull cracking should be left to LEO. they love that stuff.

and for what its worth, i think we've got other issues to deal with that take precedence over illegal immigration. imo, corp america wants/needs cheap labor. illegal immigrants fill that gap. it isn't a snug fit. problems arise because of it, etc etc. but why the hell are we stirring up this $hit heap now? where is the 'win' in this scenario? seems to me the focus should be on physically protecting the border, rather than 'what to do with everyone that's here'. why don't we close the door first, before we decide what to do with everyone that's already inside...
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

>seems to me the focus should be on physically protecting the border,
>rather than 'what to do with everyone that's here'. why don't we close the
>door first, before we decide what to do with everyone that's already inside...

Good point. Ejecting everyone we can is pretty pointless if they can just walk back across the border next week.

Good point. Ejecting everyone we can is pretty pointless if they can just walk back across the border next week.

and that's really it Bill. I just don't get it. All this time/energy/talk about amnesty, deportation, citizenship hoops, etc etc. It's all useless if you don't work on the enter/exit aspect first. If anything, what the demonstrations have proven is that you can't just 'do something' and expect change to immediately occur. Too many people, too big to tackle quickly & easily.

You make 'em all felons - where do you jail them, how do you process the cases? You deport 'em all - how do you manage that logistically? You leave 'em all here - how do you integrate them, make them citizens? All of it's moot anyway, because no matter what you do, and what your answer is, the revolving door is still going everyday. You have to do something at the door, before you can do anything meaningful inside.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

All these rants about "fucking illegal immigrants" conveniently ignore one inconvenient little truth: that for decades, American society has sent the message to Latin Americans that they are welcome - in fact, encouraged - to illegally immigrate. That message has been sent loud and clear in a very simple way: by employers climbing all over each other to make low-wage jobs available to these folks. The people come here because the jobs are here for them.

No, I don't like it when someone who is here illegally demands the same social services as a citizen, or someone who immigrated legally. Yes, the marches and demonstrations are heavy with irony and audacity. But by the same token, the US is sending these people a very mixed message: on the one hand, come here and work for shit wages because we really do need you and want you, but we can only whisper it. On the other hand, mind your place and keep your mouth shut, because if you ever make yourself visible or vocal, we'll pretend that we never extended that tacit invitation to you; and in public we'll even call you a felon. (And for good measure, we'll insult your food, your faith, your culture, your skin tone and the number of children you bear.)

I think the resentment on the part of law-abiding US citizens is justified, but largely mis-directed. It should be directed mainly at all the employers who have created and maintain this underground economy, not at the mostly destitute people who provide the expendable fodder.

and that's really it Bill. I just don't get it. All this time/energy/talk about (more)

You make 'em all felons - where do you jail them, how do you process the cases? You deport 'em all - how do you manage that logistically? You leave 'em all here - how do you integrate them, make them citizens?

no no no, just like we do with old people - You dehydrate the lot and use the resulting dried chemicals in pharmaceutical company research for the benefit of the rest of us :S:S:S

You can tell when the green light on their palms lights up

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Can I a normal American citizen approach a Mexican on the street and demand to see his green card?

Absolutely, the constitution guarantees you that right. I can't remember the exact passage where it says that, but, knowing that you like to read a lot, I'm sure you'll have no problem going through the sections and articles here.

What rights do I have over illegals?

You have the right to tell them to "Either pay the fucking tax, get the fuck out of my country, get yor ass kicked by me." Not only that, you have the right to actually kick their ass and forcibly remove them from the country.

Could some one post a picture of one. I have never seen one before.

I'd be happy to take you to East LA and show you what Mexicans look like. I can even teach you how to say "Dame tu carta vierde, ahora putasso!!". As a matter of fact, I know you're in Alabama, so if you do us all this patriotic favor I will personally pay your ticket out to LA, meet you there, and drop you off in the heart of the barrios. Only catch is that I get to film you in action and that I get all rights to the footage. Deal?

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

No, I don't like it when someone who is here illegally demands the same social services as a citizen, or someone who immigrated legally. Yes, the marches and demonstrations are heavy with irony and audacity. But by the same token, the US is sending these people a very mixed message: on the one hand, come here and work for shit wages because we really do need you and want you, but we can only whisper it. On the other hand, mind your place and keep your mouth shut, because if you ever make yourself visible or vocal, we'll pretend that we never extended that tacit invitation to you; and in public we'll even call you a felon. (And for good measure, we'll insult your food, your faith, your culture, your skin tone and the number of children you bear.)

I think the resentment on the part of law-abiding US citizens is justified, but largely mis-directed. It should be directed mainly at all the employers who have created and maintain this underground economy, not at the mostly destitute people who provide the expendable fodder.

------------------------------------------------------------
Damn very well said.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I'd be happy to take you to East LA and show you what Mexicans look like. I can even teach you how to say "Dame tu carta vierde, ahora putasso!!". As a matter of fact, I know you're in Alabama, so if you do us all this patriotic favor I will personally pay your ticket out to LA, meet you there, and drop you off in the heart of the barrios. Only catch is that I get to film you in action and that I get all rights to the footage. Deal?

Best. Answer. Yet. :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The thing that puzzles me is that he has only asked if he has the right to ask an illegal immigrant for their green card. How does he know (before asking) if that person is illegal or not? For all he knows the person on the street he approaches could well be either a foreign national working legally, a naturalised citizen or even a born and raised apple pie american!

Therefore the question would have to be, 'Do I have the right to demand that a fellow citizen of the USA show me their identification?'. I'm not too hot on the laws that you guys have over there, but I suspect that the answer is 'Fuck no!'.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

> Either pay the fucking tax, get the fuck out of my country, get yor
>ass kicked by me. Good enough for you NW?

I'd love to see you say that to Nina. (Might not be her ass that gets kicked!)

Or half the packing mat at any large DZ... :D

nothing to see here

Or half the packing mat at any large DZ...

and a fair share of other DZ staff....I wonder how many of the participants in this thread who are ranting and raving about illegal immigrants would stop jumping at a DZ that knowingly allows illegal immigrants to make money on their premises?

Wouldn't leave a whole lot of DZ to jump at. But god forbid all these self righteous ranters and ravers on here would start in their own back yard....

Or half the packing mat at any large DZ...

and a fair share of other DZ staff....I wonder how many of the participants in this thread who are ranting and raving about illegal immigrants would stop jumping at a DZ that knowingly allows illegal immigrants to make money on their premises?

Wouldn't leave a whole lot of DZ to jump at. But god forbid all these self righteous ranters and ravers on here would start in their own back yard....

I would have a big problem if a DZ I was jumping at was employing illegal immigrants. Especially if they were paying them less than prevailing wages. A DZO hiring illegals is a slap in the face to the DZO's that try to do things by the law.

-

> Perhaps someone who jumps at a large DZ could comment.

There's a large population of people you would likely refer to as 'illegals' at most DZ's. If someone comes in on a tourist visa, and while they're there, they do some 4-way coaching for slot + $5? Or do video for a 4-way team for a few bucks? They're breaking the law. If someone visiting helps out a friend of theirs who needs an extra packer for a boogie? Again, illegal.