ccowden

Gee... I wonder if obesity is becoming a problem.

The problem comes from the people who say "Fuck it, I am going to eat whatever I want and get as heavy as I want and the rest of the world can just deal with it cuz it is my right," who are the root of the problem.

I don't believe anyone says that from the start.....I think it's a point people get to when they give up. I know how hard it is for me to loose 10 pounds....I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to try and loose 50....or more....Those people have my sympathy!

The problem comes from the people who say "Fuck it, I am going to eat whatever I want and get as heavy as I want and the rest of the world can just deal with it cuz it is my right," who are the root of the problem.

I don't believe anyone says that from the start.....I think it's a point people get to when they give up. I know how hard it is for me to loose 10 pounds....I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to try and loose 50....or more....Those people have my sympathy!

I think the important thing to rememebr is that NO ONE went to bed skinny and woke up 20, 50 or 100lbs over weight. At some point, they had to realize that they were gaining weight. Early on would of been the time to catch it and correct it but as ccowden pointed out, a lot of people say "fuck it" early on and are just along for the ride as the scale keeps tipping to the right. I don't doubt and I know that it is hard to loose weight but when you see someone who is obese or even overweight stuffing their face with 2 times the normal amount of food or with junk food you cannot tell me that they are trying to loose weight or eat healthy. They are contributing to their situation and making it worse instead of doing something positive to better their condition.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I think the important thing to rememebr is that NO ONE went to bed skinny and woke up 20, 50 or 100lbs over weight. At some point, they had to realize that they were gaining weight. Early on would of been the time to catch it and correct it but as ccowden pointed out, a lot of people say "fuck it" early on and are just along for the ride as the scale keeps tipping to the right. I don't doubt and I know that it is hard to loose weight but when you see someone who is obese or even overweight stuffing their face with 2 times the normal amount of food or with junk food you cannot tell me that they are trying to loose weight or eat healthy. They are contributing to their situation and making it worse instead of doing something positive to better their condition.

Do you know how easy it is to say: I'll start my diet tomorrow.....?

Early on it's so easy to say: Well...I'm a bit overweight....but it's not that bad...there are people way bigger than me....
And all of a sudden (and it can feel like all of a sudden) you are one of those really big people.
And some just give up.
I've never been that big myself. But I know people who have and are. They don't have it easy!

I'm actually surprised to hear about the extra-large stretchers and so forth.

I mean, I know obesity has been a growing problem, but I thought it was mostly just people who were overweight by 30% or more, but not THAT much more.

I always figured the super-huge ones, the "Death Star" types, were completely different, ie, they had some hormonal imbalance or something.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

blah blah blah... here we go again. Good thing there's plenty of fat people in this world since it's not PC to hate anyone else anymore.[:/]

I get the frustration with the obesity epidemic. Believe me, I get it. It's personal it's societal it's political it's economic. There are no easy solutions, I'm afraid.

But the hatred, I don't get. I get the self-loathing that comes with obesity, been there done that got the 3XL tshirt that I, thankfull, don't have to wear any more. Believe me when I say that the people who try to convince me they are happy and healthy when they're morbidly obese are just deluding themselves because I know how unhappy a place it is both physically and mentally, but hell, whatever gets you through the day in the face of societal hatred.

But I still don't comprehend the level of vitriol from the world, I really don't. Except that, as George Aiken said on my quote of the day yesterday, "If we were to wake up some morning and find that everyone was the same race, creed and color, we would find some other cause for prejudice by noon."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It used to be that 300 lbs was a big patient. Now 300 is light. The norm seems to be 450 and up. I had one 700 lb patient from 1982 to 1995. I have had 4 in excess of 900 in the last 3 years.

What I seriously don't get is how someone both lets themselves get that big, and how you could enable someone else to get that big. I'm only 20 lbs over and it's driving me crazy.:| How could you feed someone you love enough to get so fat that hey can't leave the house for years, sometimes decades.:|

The last 900 lb patient I had, we had to remove the front wall of the lving room, get a sling from the National Aquarium to load the guy on a flat bed truck (the ambulance was simply too small to get him into, amazing) and drive him very slowly to the hospital. It boggles my mind every time I see it.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

blah blah blah... here we go again. Good thing there's plenty of fat people in this world since it's not PC to hate anyone else anymore.[:/]

I get the frustration with the obesity epidemic. Believe me, I get it. It's personal it's societal it's political it's economic. There are no easy solutions, I'm afraid.

But the hatred, I don't get. I get the self-loathing that comes with obesity, been there done that got the 3XL tshirt that I, thankfull, don't have to wear any more. Believe me when I say that the people who try to convince me they are happy and healthy when they're morbidly obese are just deluding themselves because I know how unhappy a place it is both physically and mentally, but hell, whatever gets you through the day in the face of societal hatred.

But I still don't comprehend the level of vitriol from the world, I really don't. Except that, as George Aiken said on my quote of the day yesterday, "If we were to wake up some morning and find that everyone was the same race, creed and color, we would find some other cause for prejudice by noon."

It's just a place for angry people to focus their hostility....no matter how misplaced their anger is.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I know but has anyone noticed how chris has got the double chin going in his avatar maybe its something that he needs to get off his chest...lol
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

i have lost 4o lbs since february i need to start eating proper otherwise i will fade away...Yeah fuck them fat bastards....lol

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

i am its the working outside that is burning the carbs..No wonder mexicans are small and thin

Now put that donut down

it's not a donut, it's a pastry!!! mmm, bearclaws are good....

Bearclaws are awesome...

blah blah blah... here we go again.

Funny... I thought the same thing when I saw your post.

Well isn't that special. :|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

blah blah blah... here we go again.

Funny... I thought the same thing when I saw your post.

Well isn't that special. :|

not really... [:/]:P

Edited because it's just not worth it. And I learn so much about people this way, anyway.