2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

For someone with such beliefs you sure do spend a lot of time fighting against something you seem to know won't happen. What are you so worried about? And why do you need to call other people's plans "wet dreams"? Is that some sort of repressed sexual hangup you struggle with?

Now that I am semi-retired, this is my form of community reinvestment.  I am more worried about how you guys(who after all of this time I consider family) will deal with this simple political reality.

21 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It doesn’t matter if AGW is real, it doesn’t matter if AGW is a risk to the future of humanity.  

If and when the sea starts to threaten valuable real estate it will matter a lot. Of course by then it may be a little on the late side. I'm not really sure if you believe that anyone is seaking a "green utopia", that's just more nonsense insults on your part. Political reality? Trumpism will pass and the pendulum will swing. It always does.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Actually, yes and yes.  Only fools order and pay for things that aren’t delivered until after they are dead.

And yet people have children and plan ways to leave them more money.  Odd.

There will be no green new deal, there will be no carbon tax,

Just like there was no Montreal Agreement, and no ban on CFC's, and no repair of the ozone layer.  It's expensive and will certainly be rejected by all those voters you portray as shortsighted, greedy morons.

How'd that turn out?

Any real attempt to reduce our CO2 footprint will be rejected by the voters.

How do you reconcile that with the reality that attempts to reduce our CO2 footprint have already been accepted by voters?

The cold hard political reality is that none of your green utopian wet dream will come to fruition.

Well, no.  The cold hard reality is that your fantasy of an all-fossil-fuel future is already dimming.  

2 hours ago, rushmc said:

Everything Everything is the fault of man made global warming. Doesn't anybody realized that yet?

Given that the dems are just setting up another smorgasbord of shit eating grinners for president, we can expect "Blame Trump"  for at least the next 6 years. . .

29 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Given that the dems are just setting up another smorgasbord of shit eating grinners for president, we can expect "Blame Trump"  for at least the next 6 years. . .

Probably.  But it will be nice to have people willing to work on solving a problem, instead of people who pretend it doesn't exist.

13 minutes ago, billvon said:

But it will be nice to have people willing to work on solving a problem, instead of people who pretend it doesn't exist.

Will you vote for a 3rd party again?

I know it doesn't really matter where you live, but where I live, a decision like that could change the course of history.

1 minute ago, billvon said:
6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Absolutely, if they put up someone worth voting for.  For me it's about the person not the party.

But again, where you live it probably doesn't matter much.  What if it made the difference between having Trump or anybody else for president? 

8 minutes ago, Coreece said:
13 minutes ago, billvon said:
18 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Absolutely, if they put up someone worth voting for.  For me it's about the person not the party.

But again, where you live it probably doesn't matter much.  What if it made the difference between having Trump or anybody else for president? 

I mean, everyone here knows how absolutely true and fucked up that question is right?

Edited by Coreece

22 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Well, if everyone thinks that, then we never have any more than two parties.

11 minutes ago, billvon said:
34 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Well, if everyone thinks that, then we never have any more than two parties.

At this point in time the presidency will be decided by the rust belt.  Neither side can afford to lose votes to the 3rd party in those states.

Edited by Coreece

8 hours ago, Coreece said:

At this point in time the presidency will be decided by the rust belt.  Neither side can afford to lose votes to the 3rd party in those states.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg won't last another four years.  If her spot is picked up by a Trump appointee: (What I tag my "third party" voter friends with after the last election.)Image result for handmaids tale meme

• Like 1

15 hours ago, billvon said:

Probably.  But it will be nice to have people willing to work on solving a problem, instead of people who pretend it doesn't exist.

The only ones pretending are the one saying the problem does exist 

On 9/12/2019 at 8:48 AM, DJL said:

Ruth Bader Ginsberg won't last another four years.  If her spot is picked up by a Trump appointee: (What I tag my "third party" voter friends with after the last election.)Image result for handmaids tale meme

We were told the streets would run red with the blood of backstreet abortions if John Roberts were to ascend to Chief Justice.......still waiting.

We were told if Kavanaugh were to be seated on the Supreme Court, same thing......still waiting 

We were told if we didn't stop using fossil fuels the world would come to an end.....still waiting

Not only are you guys consistently wrong, now you are consistently boring.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

We were told the streets would run red with the blood of backstreet abortions if John Roberts were to ascend to Chief Justice.......still waiting.

We were told if Kavanaugh were to be seated on the Supreme Court, same thing......still waiting 

We were told if we didn't stop using fossil fuels the world would come to an end.....still waiting

Not only are you guys consistently wrong, now you are consistently boring.

We aren't the only consistently boring people on SC. You fancy yourself clever, have you ever considered buying a new pony?

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Bullshit. No one ever told you any of those things. Why are you being such a drama queen?