akarunway

Mother Teresa. Rolling over in her grave

Indian director hopes to cast Paris Hilton as Mother Teresa Mon Apr 3, 9:56 AM ET

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, India (AFP) - An Indian movie director said he hopes to persuade Paris Hilton to play the role of Nobel laureate and prospective Catholic Saint, Mother Teresa, in an upcoming film.

"Her features resemble Mother Teresa," director T. Rajeevnath told AFP from the southwestern coastal state of Kerala.

The filmmaker said Hilton is on his shortlist after a computer-generated image showed a close facial match between the hotel heiress and the Albanian-born nun.

Mother Teresa, who died in 1997, worked among the poor in the teeming slums of Kolkata, formerly Calcutta, with the Missionaries of Charity. She was beatified by Pope John Paul in 2003, a significant step on the road to sainthood in the Catholic church.

"A meeting with Paris Hilton is scheduled for the end of April," Rajeevnath said.

The 54-year-old director is well-known in India for his Malayalam-language films, including "Janani" (Mother) -- the story of seven nuns who care for an abandoned baby, which won a national award.

Hilton's prior movie experience includes appearing in a home-made sex video made by a former boyfriend that appeared on the Internet, and parts in several Hollywood B-films.

The blond socialite, who is often the focus of US celebrity gossip columns, also starred in the US reality television show "The Simple Life".
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I seriously thought this was a joke when I read the headline on Yahoo... I am just dumbfounded by this news and hope that she is not actually cast for this role. How insane!!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alli
P.M.S. #3

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

I am just dumbfounded by this news and hope that she is not actually cast for this role. How insane!!

Why not? What harm can it do? A wannabe actress playing a well known person has been done many many times before. What is the big deal?

I think April Fool is celebrated a little later where this guy is from.

Mother Teresa was from Kosovo, BTW. I can't wait for the locals to find out about this...:S

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Indian director hopes to cast Paris Hilton as Mother Teresa Mon Apr 3, 9:56 AM ET

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, India (AFP) - An Indian movie director said he hopes to persuade Paris Hilton to play the role of Nobel laureate and prospective Catholic Saint, Mother Teresa, in an upcoming film.

"Her features resemble Mother Teresa," director T. Rajeevnath told AFP from the southwestern coastal state of Kerala.

The filmmaker said Hilton is on his shortlist after a computer-generated image showed a close facial match between the hotel heiress and the Albanian-born nun.

Mother Teresa, who died in 1997, worked among the poor in the teeming slums of Kolkata, formerly Calcutta, with the Missionaries of Charity. She was beatified by Pope John Paul in 2003, a significant step on the road to sainthood in the Catholic church.

"A meeting with Paris Hilton is scheduled for the end of April," Rajeevnath said.

The 54-year-old director is well-known in India for his Malayalam-language films, including "Janani" (Mother) -- the story of seven nuns who care for an abandoned baby, which won a national award.

Hilton's prior movie experience includes appearing in a home-made sex video made by a former boyfriend that appeared on the Internet, and parts in several Hollywood B-films.

The blond socialite, who is often the focus of US celebrity gossip columns, also starred in the US reality television show "The Simple Life".

I didn't know mother teresa actually fucked the "unlean"!:S:o

That thread title is a big disappointment.

Here I was hoping for a good thread about zombies......

What happens if it turns out the girl has learned to act? Isn't it a potentially decent story to tell?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants