craddock

Only two non CCW states left

You claim the Constitutional right to bear arms -- fine. Just don't bear the arms near me. I have the right to feel safe walking down the street...

Sorry, but you don't get to overrule the rights of people who are licensed by their states to carry firearms. If you don't like it, tough - take the issue up with your legislators. Just because they carry a gun, does not make you unsafe.

I believe that people are ignorant, stupid, and quick to anger.

The problem you have is in your own head, with your incorrect perception of licensed gun carriers, and your fellow citizens. It must be hell going through life thinking of everyone else in that manner.

Does that description fit yourself too?

Has anyone even mentioned the ONLY Green state on that map when it starts back in the 1980's....VERMONT... with that lefty liberal govenor Howard Dean.. I saw some of his views on guns.... very very interesting.. I guess not ALL the Dems are rabid anti gun huh...:D

Looks like WA has been in the carry is kewl for a long time.. I like my little purse gun:)

You claim the Constitutional right to bear arms -- fine. Just don't bear the arms near me. I have the right to feel safe walking down the street...

Sorry, but you don't get to overrule the rights of people who are licensed by their states to carry firearms. If you don't like it, tough - take the issue up with your legislators. Just because they carry a gun, does not make you unsafe.

I believe that people are ignorant, stupid, and quick to anger.

The problem you have is in your own head, with your incorrect perception of licensed gun carriers, and your fellow citizens. It must be hell going through life thinking of everyone else in that manner.

Does that description fit yourself too?

Oh for cryingoutloud. If you want to attack me, do it in PMs.

*eagerly waits in vain*
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

There are typically some 600 "accidental" gun fatalities each year in the USA. Many more accidental injuries. One might claim that each of these represents an absence of common sense.

There are 40,000 auto fatalities each year.

Licensed drivers are more deadly than unlicensed gun owners!

Anyone who is ever involved in an accident of any type, is going to have to be imprisoned to make society safe. We just can't trust 'em!

By that logic manned spaceflight, firefighting, coal mining, crocodile wrestling and skydiving are all far far safer than gun ownership. And Nixon was a great leader because Stalin was terrible.

Pathetic on multliple levels!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's like the ol' boy said; "I wanna see, the gun that got-up outa that dresser drawer and killed that guy!" It's not the gun's fault that some idiot picks it up and kills another human. Juggling all the statistics to help someone's cause doesn't work either. I don't care how you slice it. Bad guys are going to have guns and the innocent gun owner is going to pay the price.

Chuck

It's like the ol' boy said; "I wanna see, the gun that got-up outa that dresser drawer and killed that guy!" It's not the gun's fault that some idiot picks it up and kills another human. Juggling all the statistics to help someone's cause doesn't work either. I don't care how you slice it. Bad guys are going to have guns and the innocent gun owner is going to pay the price.

Chuck

Well, back to the point I made before JR went off on a tack about cars, it's all about common sense (or the lack thereof).

The BEST thing that responsible gun owners can do to avoid having their rights trampled is to figure out how to prevent irresponsible people from killing themselves and others with guns. Comparisons with road or bathtub fatalities are silly and irrelevant.

Chuck

Well, back to the point I made before JR went off on a tack about cars, it's all about common sense (or the lack thereof).

The BEST thing that responsible gun owners can do to avoid having their rights trampled is to figure out how to prevent irresponsible people from killing themselves and others with guns. Comparisons with road or bathtub fatalities are silly and irrelevant.

I couldn't agree more! These statusticians and idiots who throw-out all their twisted information in regards to guns drive me nuts. You nailed the problem and that is where responsible gun owners need to center their efforts, exactly! Good going! Now, how do we convince 'anti' gun folks that?

Chuck

>Now, how do we convince 'anti' gun folks that?

If efforts to promote more responsible gun ownership are successful, you don't have to - the problem solves itself. Most vehement anti-gun people are purely reactionary. They don't have constitutional objections to gun ownership, or complex reasons concerning cars and bathtubs. They just hear about "poor Susie Brown" and use that as their cause. "No mother should ever again have to go through what that poor woman went through when she lost her daughter to gun violence!" You can argue with such people, but that's generally fruitless. But if Susie Brown never gets shot, the issue simply goes away.

I would rather be judged by a jury of twelve than carried by 6 of my peers.

There's an original thought. You should copyright it before anyone else uses it.

I don't know if, that slogan has been copyrighted or not but, my instructor for my concealed Carry permit used it a couple times during the class.

Chuck

There's an original thought. You should copyright it before anyone else uses it.

I don't know if, that slogan has been copyrighted or not but, my instructor for my concealed Carry permit used it a couple times during the class.

Chuck

Sorry, I forgot the icon.

The BEST thing that responsible gun owners can do to avoid having their rights trampled is to figure out how to prevent irresponsible people from killing themselves and others with guns.

Responsible gun owners are no more accountable for the actions of criminals, then responsible drivers are accountable for drunk drivers.

There will always be guns, and there will always be gun accidents. There will always be cars, and there will always be car accidents. It is not the fault of responsible people, if a few of the others screw up.

There will always be guns, and there will always be gun accidents. There will always be cars, and there will always be car accidents. It is not the fault of responsible people, if a few of the others screw up.

No, but someone has to discern between responsible people and idiots. Furthermore truly responsible people try to keep others from screwing up, or?
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Chuck

Sorry, I forgot the icon.

Oh, I caught the sarcasm. I think, we've both heard that catchy little phrase, more than once.:D
No apology necessary.

Chuck

There are typically some 600 "accidental" gun fatalities each year in the USA. Many more accidental injuries. One might claim that each of these represents an absence of common sense.

Anyone who is ever involved in an accident of any type, is going to have to be imprisoned to make society safe. We just can't trust 'em!

By that logic manned spaceflight, firefighting, coal mining, crocodile wrestling and skydiving are all far far safer than gun ownership. And Nixon was a great leader because Stalin was terrible.

that's piss poor, logic, Kallend.

There are more guns than people (or cars) in this country. Ownership rates are clearly much higher than 600/40,000. So it's brain dead obvious that the RATE of death, like the absolute number of deaths, is substantially smaller.

>Now, how do we convince 'anti' gun folks that?

If efforts to promote more responsible gun ownership are successful, you don't have to - the problem solves itself. Most vehement anti-gun people are purely reactionary. They don't have constitutional objections to gun ownership,

No, they have objections for entirely unconsitutional reasons,
and there's nothing reactrionary about it.

Remove every single accidental shooting and you still have thousands of criminal acts out there. As long as drugs are illegal, nothing can be done by the NRA side to remove all the numbers that the Brady/Kellerman ilk will misuse. I can only hope that the NRA will stop trying to imitate them.

that's piss poor, logic, Kallend.

There are more guns than people (or cars) in this country. Ownership rates are clearly much higher than 600/40,000. So it's brain dead obvious that the RATE of death, like the absolute number of deaths, is substantially smaller.

Nonsense.

Frequency of use, my friend. Frequency of use.

Today I probably saw 10,000 cars in use, and one gun (in a holster).

Are you one of those who believe the drive to the DZ is more dangerous than the jump?

Nonsense.

Frequency of use, my friend. Frequency of use.

Today I probably saw 10,000 cars in use, and one gun (in a holster).

Don't you live in Chicago? Given local laws, hardly suprising. In a shall issue state, you wouldn't see the guns either. C=concealed (duh).

So what sort of definition do you want to use for 'frequency of use.' *Billions* of bullets are shot every year. And millions carry daily without firing. How do you suggest those be combined? And what about weapons loaded and stored at home for use? Those have to be counted in somehow as well. On the cager side, is it going to be miles driven? Trips taken? Miles multipled by speed?

Like with skydiving, I think it's far more practical to use annual fatalties per participant. Numbers are fairly accurate, and less open to manipulation that isn't obvious to the viewer.

Are you one of those who believe the drive to the DZ is more dangerous than the jump?

that the best you got? A lame 'aren't you one of those wife beaters' type remark?

Furthermore truly responsible people try to keep others from screwing up, or?

Correct. That duty falls upon everyone, not just gun owners. The previous post implied that it is the duty of only the responsible gun owners to worry about the misuse of guns by criminals. In fact, it is everyone's responsibility. Gun owners should not be singled-out as if they have some direct link to criminals.

Kallend, At what% do find of original statements, on quatations? My gripe with the Great State of California is that I have a patient that served in the SOG, wounded once in Vietnam, once in Cambodia, once in Laos.recovered from his wounds only to be permanently disabled after being mugged and beatended to a bloody pulp in downtown LOS ANGELES, California.His wounds in Cambodia and Laos were not recognized.I see how his live has been turned into a shambles. I will not allow this to happen to me even it is Illegal. Come down to Texas and i will introduce you to this gentleman.He was in the airborne before SOG. Blue Skies, Dave