rickjump1

My President

He won't secure our borders and now he wants to turn over control of 6 major US ports to Dubai Ports World, a company from the UAE. The UAE provided 2 of the highjackers on 9/11 and according to Lou Dobbs, Dubai still recognizes the Talaban as the legitimate government of Afghaniston. Starting in kindergarten, our President must have learned to recite "globalizaion at any cost" over and over and over.>:( http://news.yahoo.com/s/nypost/20060214/cm_nypost/portinsecurity
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

it really is sad.......i dont know whats worse though. the presidents intelligence or the intelligence of the people that elected him :S

Ok, I'll admit it. I voted for that SOB. This guy is like congess. Together they are the best government that money can buy. He has loyalty to evryone in the world except the American people. Ronald Reagan was no economist, but at least we were secure.

I don't think it will fly with congress.. An investigation is already under way.. Bush is a dumb fuck..

That's right Mr. George W Bush.. I think you are a fucking idiot.. I'm ashamed to have you as my president and I did not vote for your dumb ass..

and by the way, he is your president, like it or not

People who strongly dislike a president tend to feel he is not "their" president. During the Clinton administration there were plenty of conservatives who said "Clinton may be "the" president, but he's not "my" president." As I recall, being old enough to remember it, the same was said by people who strongly disliked Nixon, too. The concept is universal, and most certainly does not fall more into one end of the political spectrum than the other.

I agree...Like you say, it's universal. It's same over here, the slime bag Blair is our PM but certainly not mine. That goes for most politicos.... anyone that wants to be in power should NEVER be allowed to be.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I agree.... anyone that wants to be in power should NEVER be allowed to be.

Amen. I suspect that we'd actually be better off with an "Electorate-Lottery" to select our politicians rather than the present "Snout-In-The-Trough" Brigade.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Amen. I suspect that we'd actually be better off with an "Electorate-Lottery" to select our politicians rather than the present "Snout-In-The-Trough" Brigade.

That would probably breed an even more powerful class of civil servants. Administrative professionals to help out the poor elected amateurs.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

<> - You're right of course.... but it may be that our civil servants hold most of the power anyway (did you ever watch the BBC series YES MINISTER.... it probably wasn't a million miles away from the truth.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

... did you ever watch the BBC series YES MINISTER.... it probably wasn't a million miles away from the truth.

I was thinking about that exact series. Great humour. :)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Our own PBS aired: "The Betrayal of Democracy", several years ago. It simply showed how the press and both parties fail the public, while examining "the deepening divide between the governed and the governing". It was an award winning show that no doubt our politicians hated.

and by the way, he is your president, like it or not***

Why, when I am reminded of that, do I want to throw up? :S>:(B|

Pitifully weak stomache? Deal with it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

it's not spelled with a ph...fat mike would be very disappointed man...;)

you know you had me thinking for a second...but i knew i was right! it really is FAT wreckchords man.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

... did you ever watch the BBC series YES MINISTER.... it probably wasn't a million miles away from the truth.

I suspect that the REAL problem is that Phoney-Tony also watched "Yes, Minister".... He thought it was a factual documentary!:S

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

it's not spelled with a ph...fat mike would be very disappointed man...

You further the argument that Shrub is a dumb f.ck when all you have to counter it is nitpicking spelling mistakes.

If you are convinced your president is worth sticking up for, try explaining to us why you think domestic wiretapping and eating away at constitutional rights of US citizens while turning over our ports to a United Arab Emirates -based company is sane domestic security policy.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

try explaining...

why should i waste my time on a lost cause; as if the argument that i present would change your mind.

oh well, wiretapping by the nsa has been limited to people who are actively participating in communication with known terrorists. if you don't think that is a worthwhile thing to do to protect this nation then, there is no help for you. or, at least you need more help than i can/am willing to provide.

btw, my joke about the punk record label has nothing to do with "shrub" so, you would be wise to not look like a fool and illogically compare the two.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

>oh well, wiretapping by the nsa has been limited to people who are
> actively participating in communication with known terrorists . . .

Nope. It's people who MIGHT be terrorists. And there is no oversight on who decides who might be a terrorist. In other words, if you call your brother in Thailand during the record attempt, the call can be tapped and you can be prosecuted for the things that are said during it.

>oh well, wiretapping by the nsa has been limited to people who are
> actively participating in communication with known terrorists . . .

Nope. It's people who MIGHT be terrorists. And there is no oversight on who decides who might be a terrorist. In other words, if you call your brother in Thailand during the record attempt, the call can be tapped and you can be prosecuted for the things that are said during it.

Correct. If you call your brother in Thailand to discuss plans to carry out a terrorist attack, you can be prosecuted for it. I seriously doubt that calling your brother to discuss what to get mom for her birthday would result in the same.

>If you call your brother in Thailand to discuss plans to carry out
>a terrorist attack, you can be prosecuted for it.

Or mention drugs. There are no rules regarding what you can and can't be prosecuted for. History has shown that law enforcement personnel will use every single tool in their arsenal to prosecute criminals, whether they are criminals in the war on terror or in the war on drugs. Just look at what has been done with the RICO statutes.