SpeedRacer

Post your apocalypse predictions.

I just hope we could reach a point where they'd give up with this BS. But after 1988 passed, and then the millenium, they're still going strong.

Jack Van Impe, Michael Drosnin, etc are just making too much $$$$$ off of the "Iminent Apocalypse" to ever stop.

This year will pass, and then the next big apocalypse year is 2012 (end of Mayan calendar). But when those dates pass the failed predictions will quickly be forgotten, and the same charlatans will probably be able to justify further predictions.:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

what we need here is a new project manager for the Apocalypse. The current management has been plagued by delays for almost 2000 years. There is no accountability in the upper levels in regards to getting this project off the ground. The modern day prophets (profits?) have done all they could too schedule and assign dates, places and people in a very costly difficult process. Obviously it is Gods fault for not being able to follow the time table set by the doomsayers. I understand that he has a million different responsibilities and can't be personally responsible for every little detail, but that is the same excuse that Ken Lay and his Ilk tried to use. If you're going to supervise a proper Apocalypse, then you have to be able to live up to the quarterly expectations. I say we give God until the June 6 2006 deadline to perform his duties. If we don;t have a cataclysmic event by then, I volunteer my services as fore front of the Domsday project. We will have the end of days by 2012, even if I have to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week (thats right I won't take a day of rest like previous management) All those willing to support my bid for Apocalypse Manager please attend the Doomsday Committee Semi-Annual Meeting, tentatively scheduled for June 7, 2006. Should the outgoing project lead fulfill his obligations, this meeting will be cancelled, as those of us who are left behind will be cowering in our basements with our shoutguns and Spam. THank You, that is all.

Grendel Khan-The Official DZ.Com Newbie Forum Nuisance
"They sicken of the calm, that know the storm."

in reply to "I just hope we could reach a point where they'd give up with this BS. "

Yo..... here to,

It's all part of the international FEAR industry.

Keeps the fear merchants in business . I notice how no-one seems to focus much on the solutions to these apocalyptic probs...as if our fate is sealed in their BS .

For a lot of people who are getting dead right NOW their apocalyse is very real and even old hat.

When it's our turn I hope it's from our choosing and not some elite group of meglomaniacs hell bent on world domination and control...at every-one else's cost.:S

I want to go to skydiving and parachutin' heaven not fry and die hell.

1.) Bush stupidly invades a Middle Eastern country his father at least had the sense to get out of & stay out of.
2.) Bush is re-elected,
3.) Iran elects a president every bit as stupid and belligerent as Bush,
4.) the oil markets go fucking ga-ga over talk of Iranian nukes, sanctions, and an Iranian oil embargo,
5.) Israel decides to teach their asshole neighbors another lesson,
6.) Bush decides he's been annointed by God to wield the "terrible swift sword",
7.) Brad knocks up Angelina before the divorce with Jenn is final.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Errrrrr hasn't any-one noticed the universe has already been blown to smithereens.:SB|

No it hasn't.

But I'm worried, all the dolphins have seem to disappeared. Where'd they go?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I say we give God until the June 6 2006 deadline to perform his duties. If we don;t have a cataclysmic event by then, I volunteer my services as fore front of the Domsday project. We will have the end of days by 2012, even if I have to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week (thats right I won't take a day of rest like previous management) All those willing to support my bid for Apocalypse Manager please attend the Doomsday Committee Semi-Annual Meeting, tentatively scheduled for June 7, 2006

Great Idea!! Thanks for volunteering for this. May I make a suggestion??

Just so we can identify who is on board with this project, maybe you should create some type of seal or mark with an identifying number on it. And everyone who is participating could wear this seal on, oh, I don't know, their right hand or forehead or something.

Anyone not wearing the seal will not be admitted to the meeting, and will not be eligible for the after-meeting happy hour complimentary bar.
Speed Racer

Good idea with the mark. It will be good to know who is supporting our cause. Also once the big businesses get on board they can offer special services to anyone bearing the mark, maybe they can even cut off any one who does not have the mark. As an employee of a major energy company, I have already brought in the majority of oil/natural gas producers so if any one wants petrol for their car or heat for their home or even electricity, they had better join the club.
On a side note, I have received the tacit support of both Mahmoud Ahmadinajad and Ehud Olmert in regards to finalizing the Doomsday countdown. We are looking at an Iranian tactical nuke strike on downtown Tel Aviv, followed by a quick reatiation from Israel AND the US. As of now we are loking for about a mid-summer 2007 launch which will ensure more of an audience for CNN (I gave Ted Turner exclusive video rights to the Apocalypse in exchange for an army made up of cloned Braves players). After the obligatory retaliatory strike, we expect to have full scale nuclear war by late in the 3rd quarter of 2008. The location of the huge final battle (which will be filmed by Peter Jackson) has yet to be determined. Our focus groups have been leaning towards Cancun, Mexico with Bern, Switzerland running a close second (the theory there being that a neutral country will be able to pay more attention to the hospitality details if they don't have to battle for their lives and souls, kind of like having the super bowl in nuetral cities, no home field advantage.) We are expecting a good 3 to 4 years years of all out siege warfare (don't forget to bring a towel) after which, one final nuclear exchange will decimate the survivors and bring an age of darkness to those left behind, right on schedule in 2012.
We are forming sub-committees now which will handle post-apocalyptic affairs, so get your mark and join in on the decision making.

So long ....... and thanks for all of the fish;)

Hey - Why can't we take Rick Moranis (Louis from Ghostbusters) or Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) at least as serious as any doomsday prophets or NostraDamus, etc?

At least they are entertaining in their apocolyptic predictions.

I don't much care, I have my towel handy.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The location of the huge final battle (which will be filmed by Peter Jackson) has yet to be determined. Our focus groups have been leaning towards Cancun, Mexico with Bern, Switzerland running a close second (the theory there being that a neutral country will be able to pay more attention to the hospitality details if they don't have to battle for their lives and souls, kind of like having the super bowl in nuetral cities, no home field advantage.)

a traditionalist would say you'd have to have it in the Valley of Megido in Israel(Armageddon).

Unfortunately there aren't anywhere near enough decent hotels nearby. Where are the camera crews & support staff/arc-angels supposed to stay??
Speed Racer

Correction: I found some decent 4-star hotels in Nazareth, near Megiddo:

from Expedia.com :http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&from=m&stat=1&khst=1&locn=Nazareth%2C+Galilee&ploc=Nazareth%2C+Galilee&loid=181287&mdpcid=21187-1.ExpediaHotelsGEO6|%20Attraction_ReviewTOP|%20FreeSearch&eapid=21187-1&&zz=1138217015011&

I pulled into Nazareth,
I was feelin' 'bout half-past dead,
Just needed to find a place
Where I could lay my head.

"Hey Mister, can you tell me
Where a man might find a bed?"
He just grinned & shook his head,
"No!" was all he said....

Speed Racer

I just hope we could reach a point where they'd give up with this BS. But after 1988 passed, and then the millenium, they're still going strong.

Jack Van Impe, Michael Drosnin, etc are just making too much $$$$$ off of the "Iminent Apocalypse" to ever stop.

This year will pass, and then the next big apocalypse year is 2012 (end of Mayan calendar). But when those dates pass the failed predictions will quickly be forgotten, and the same charlatans will probably be able to justify further predictions.:S

Logic will get you nowhere with the conspiracy-theory, end-of-the-world, illuminati-r-us, planet-X, doomsday crowd.

The fact that about 100 of these things came and went during the 20th century without their prophesized calamities coming true doesn't register with them at all.

They are like vampires; they look in the mirror and see nothing.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

(4.) the oil markets go fucking ga-ga over talk of Iranian nukes, sanctions, and an Iranian oil embargo,

The others don't bother me, but this one damn. That means a spike in jump tickets. Before we know it $22 to 13K will be a dream, we willl be staring down $50+. That's my version of the coming apocalypse.

a traditionalist would say you'd have to have it in the Valley of Megido in Israel(Armageddon).

Unfortunately there aren't anywhere near enough decent hotels nearby. Where are the camera crews & support staff/arc-angels supposed to stay??

Traditionalists, be damned. Their plans have been on hold for a couple thousand years now, so we have to look for synergistic and fresh new ideas. It's time to think about Armegeddon out of the box. Israel is no longer hip or trendy, what we need is a location that celebrities will flock to and convince that 13-28 demographic that its the newest "in" thing. We need a location that will support millions of soldiers, the Holy Host, the Devil and his posse, and all the film crews and various press agencies, as well as the assorted spectators and hangers on. We need ample hotel and restaraunt presence, parking for all the above mentioned participants, nightly entertainment, an open, yet easily viewable battlefield, and possibly a skydiving center in the area for the weekend. wait...idea coming in....how about Vegas? It's the new city of Sin, it is surrounded by open desert, Los Angeles is a short hop away and there will be more than enough hotels and eateries to satisfy all the combatants (not to mention the nightly debauchery, wink wink). There is also a rather sizable AirForce base (Nellis, I think) which could support the battle. If you have other suggestions (try to avoid the middle east, that place is a logistical nightmare) please let th eplanning committee know, there is still plenty of time to plan thi sout.

What Apocalypse?????

We dont need any stinkin apocalypse:P

All the non-Buddhists in the world become practicing Buddhists....helping each other,living in peace,harmony and tranquility.........thousands of living buddhas traveling among us showing us the path toward enlightenment freeing many from the cycle of re-incarnation.....no more wars,hunger discrimination,violence,hate or greed........billions of people working towards the same goal of helping each other become better and fulfilling their potentialB|

Way to scary to contemplate for most though.......:o

And not likely to happen anytime real soon[:/]
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

Thai Buddhist monks defrocked after street brawl"

(Reuters, May 31, 2005)

Bangkok, Thailand - Five Thai Buddhist monks have been defrocked and fined after a brawl with monks from a nearby temple, police and newspapers said on Tuesday.

The street fight was the culmination of years of antagonism between monks from the two temples who had often exchanged curses, insults and rude gestures as they collected alms on different sides of a road, the Manager newspaper said.

"When an ordinary person is given a middle finger sign, he will be mad. So am I," it quoted one of the defrocked monks, Boonlert Boonpan, as saying after the brawl in the northeastern state of Nong Khai on Monday

Boonlert said he usually carried a knuckle duster in his shoulder bag during the morning collection of alms on which Buddhist monks depend, it said.

Boonlert and the four other monks, all aged between 15 and 28, were each fined 1,000 baht by police for public brawling and defrocked by senior monks, Wut Pomraksa, head of Nong Khai police station, told Reuters.

But Boonlert was unrepentant

"If senators can fight in parliament, why can't monks," he said.
:P
Speed Racer